Keshia Knight is a liar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, because back in the 80's hardly anyone knew how to take care of curly hair.

I didn't know I had curls until I went natural as an adult.

All pictures of me as a kid, the curls were brushed out, blown out, or pressed out--the only styling aid used was Ultra Sheen & Blue Magic :lol:

I'm 3c, 4a and my mama didn't even know I had curly hair. My hair was always washed, combed and brushed to death, with an occasional straightening comb job in there.

Last edited:
Its hard to say if its a texturizer or not. I can't tell by looking at this picture because her hair is straightened and put in pigtails.

600full-keshia-knight-pulliam.jpg

I'm 3C and I never knew my hair was curly either till I did the BC
Back in the 70's there was no such thing as gel. Just Vaseline and Vitapointe.

Last edited:
I had Rudy Huxtable hair when I was young....my family actually nicknamed me after her dude to the sheer amount of hair that I had. But my hair is solidly thready, spongy textured type 3/4a. When brushed or combed out, my hair can look just like type 4 hair. With that said, I believe her hair has most likely been heat trained.

Sometimes hair can look really different depending on how it is cared for.
For instance Terry from tightlycurly.com

Before
Terry_HS_strawberryFro.jpg

After
Terry_HS_LookingDownIISmall.jpg

Yeahh, those are definitely not the curls she was born with. Her hair in the Cosby Show wouldn't have looked like this:

RudyHuxtable.jpg

with the type of hair that is in that picture. It would have looked silkier and been less full.

But for people to call her a liar is taking it too far. I read the article, and she never said that her hair was type 3 all her life...all she said was that it was very very curly and that she was always natural, except for a little bit in college. It's entirely possible that she had hair like EllePixie's or Irresistable's, where it's dense and full, but also featured clear and discernible curls. That kind of hair, with the proper manipulation, could become that Rudy Huxtable hair which she was famous for.

I mean...she admits to using frequent heat on squeaky clean hair, without any freaking heat protectant. And as everyone can see, she doesn't do that Kimmaytube press...she shoots for relaxer straight. After years of that, hell yeah she's gonna lose much of her curl pattern. Anyone would. Wonder woman would.

I don't know why people get so mad about other people's hair. Always so quick to try to call someone out on some perceived B.S. or shut them down....it's so not that serious and it's not on their heads. Why do they care so much? :ohwell:
yeah I had a fro as a kid when my mom just chopped my hair off one day

I got the pics, but for the sake of not being laughed at :ohwell::lachen:

I mean it was a crooked , choppy kinda fro :look:

My childhood hair looked just like the picture of Keshia's childhood hair that was posted. Curls were brushed out, and I had huge puffy frizz. Years later, when I learned about gel and put down the brush, I suddenly had curls. As others have mentioned, no one was using curl-enhancing, moisturizing products back in the 80s (or earlier); it was shampoo and the blue or green petroleum jelly "grease." She may very well have some damage from always straightening, and also from bleaching her hair, but there isn't any real proof of which texture her hair was as a child. And hair texture does change and thin out over time.

Yet another thread indicating how stupid and divisive hair typing is. :nono:

Its hard to say if its a texturizer or not. I can't tell by looking at this picture because her hair is straightened and put in pigtails.

600full-keshia-knight-pulliam.jpg

I'm 3C and I never knew my hair was curly either till I did the BC
Back in the 70's there was no such thing as gel. Just Vaseline and Vitapointe.
hair food and sulfur 8:lachen::lachen:

All I know is my hair looked exactly like Rudy's when I was growing up. And even though I have discovered curls after caring for it, my hair as a child wasn't a 3 then and it's not a 3 now. Even though she didn't claim to be a 3 that pic of her with the light colored curls looks closer to Ananda's texture. I don't believe that is the texture she's had all her life. But no matter what the texture the woman has gorgeous hair.

Her hair hasnt looked good since the Cosby Show, and yes that looks like a gelled/moussed up texturizer, ick.
And yes, I am emo about Lil Rudy' s hair, I was obsessed with how beautiful it was as well as a young whippersnapper..however...met her in person (since her being an adult) and her hair wasnt at all striking like it was back then, and appeared to be relaxed to me-I was looking very hard..all up in her follicles!:))

Last edited:
Crazy how so many of us are discovering the basic nature of out hair at such a late stage.

:yep:I think its so funny to see ourselves as grown women up in the mirror going :blush: at the sight of our REAL hair (new growth/natural).

I damn near fell off the counter trying to get a look at one of my curly new growth strands the other day.

Her hair looks like the Youtuber's that caused a stir here Taneshasadvice. It was supposed to be a lace wig too.
I really don't know but it looks like good moisturizing products and heat trained to me.

Before

After

But the issue here is people expect Terri's hair to have defined curls because she is biracial. Truth be told- folks don't want to accept the fact that non-biracial girls can have curly hair too. especially brown-skinned girls:look:
And on top of all that isn't all natural hair curly? Its just different curl sizes.

Keshia does have naturally curly hair but like she stated in her interview she has used heat to tame her curls.

Before

After

IMO, this isn't a good example of hair changing relative to the thread topic because Terri's hair was badly damaged. The health of her hair and care of her hair changed which resulted in a dramatic difference in hair texture/appearance.

Rudy/Keisha's hair has always been well cared for. So her hair history and situation is drastically different than Terri's.

More people here may be able to relate to Terri because many people here haven't always had the best hair care practices so it's possible they may have experienced dramatic changes in their hair texture and appearance like Terri.

Last edited:
You don't know what kind of product she has in her hair. More power to her.

I have 3C hair (I think...don't care) and I didn't know it was curly either. A lady at work called me "curly top" the other day, and I was like... cool!

My mom has the type of hair that KK's picture looks like as an adult. And there is no way her hair could ever look like KK's as a child... no matter what you did to it. BUT... like I said KK probably has it loaded down with product just as I do most of the time I "wash n go."

a simple simple regimen and being skilled in technique always produces the greatest results.

I love her hair and its great she talked about her regimen.

it's just heat training. she says herself that she straightens her hair frequently. i think her admission that she straightens her hair is the most telling because pics do nothing. curly hair can look bushy and 4a pigtails from a blow-out can swing like hers did. they've been using heat on her hair since she was a child- she kept some texture but it's a lot looser by now

ive posted them here before LOL

But ok here we go again, one more time, I know nobody believes anything without pics around hea

in a photo booth, wasnt ready for the shot
Hosted on Fotki

this one is worse:lachen:
Hosted on Fotki

why did my fiance just get a big laugh at these pics and dare me to post them :freakout::perplexed
I knew him in high school- he had a fro :look:

awwwww thanks for posting you look so cute :yep: i was never ready for those photo booths now the new ones here shout at you to GET READY KEEP YOUR HEAD STILL wth:ohwell:

Last edited:
I am confused. I always that that Keshia was my hair twin. A solid 4a/b like me. When my mom didn't braid my hair it looked like a long bush of hair like her's. How is she a 3c? Can your hair texture change due to heat? Dang, I need to really stop being on ET and go to the hair care forum. Nonetheless, I've always loved her hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back