Keratin Treatment Support Thread

I've not used Textura, but my experience with tying my hair back is that I don't see that it matters. I have a lot of hair, wearing it loose to bed would be a tangled mess in the morning. I've always bunned it after my BKT with no problems.

I got the Global Keratin treatment done about 10 or so weeks ago at a salon. I want to do the next treatment myself because I feel like my stylist was pretty rough on my hair. I was going to get the Softliss Chocolate but after browsing this thread I'm thinking of switching to the MT Chocolate instead. I of course need to dig deeper and do a bit more research.. i made an appt to get hair color on May 4th so Im thinking of doing the BKT two weeks prior. Anywho Im just kind of checking in and saying Hey! :wavey: Ill definitely be checking in again.

Make sure that the hair coloring you use is amonia free...when BKTing always use amonia free coloring... Olia is a good one. I use it. I made my first application november 2012 and my hair is still jet black.

I got the Global Keratin treatment done about 10 or so weeks ago at a salon. I want to do the next treatment myself because I feel like my stylist was pretty rough on my hair. I was going to get the Softliss Chocolate but after browsing this thread I'm thinking of switching to the MT Chocolate instead. I of course need to dig deeper and do a bit more research.. i made an appt to get hair color on May 4th so Im thinking of doing the BKT two weeks prior. Anywho Im just kind of checking in and saying Hey! :wavey: Ill definitely be checking in again.

Can one use an amonia free hair color one week before the treatment.

Also, does the treatment really lighten the hair

Last edited:
I used the Marcia Teixeira chocolate treatment about 7 weeks ago. It's feeling like it's time to do another treatment; I'm trying to stretch it until the 24th which is the week before my vacation. That way it will have time to settle and then I can go swimming. :yay:

Last time I definitely used way too much product, as it was my first time doing it at home. This go round I will use much less product and lower heat. I think using too much product is what made the results not last as long, as the hair was too coated.

I'd also be curious to know about the lightening effect of BKT since I just got color a couple of weeks ago - wondering how much it will alter my color.

Napp mstar BlackHairDiva Dove56 cutenss

Last edited:
To my experience it doesn't alter the color at all. By the way use a ammonia free color product.... I use Olia...I colored my hair in November and its still jet black. Heck my older brother noticed it last month. LOL!

Anyway, yes a little goes a long way...when you apply it and comb your hair and there is a big clump of product coming off..its to much.

I also noticed is that when I use the Marcia Teixeira chocolate pre- treatment shampoo and then do a Good DC, slightly hair dry and then apply the treatment....The result is impeccable every time...like I said...don't sleep on the Marcia Texiera buruti oil...it smells like perfume...so do this when you know you can go to a place that don't have issues with perfumes. I personally like the smell. It smells exactly like Organix argan oil Conditioner. Id you have this at your local CVS store, wal mart, etc... go to the store and smell it. If you are ok with that smell you will be ok with the Marcia texeira serum.

Make sure to use sulfate free products and the result will last longer...if you are relaxed no need to use 450F... bring it down even in the 320 tops. I have an instructional DVD from Marcia texiera that I bought online. I wish I could load it up somewhere where only the ladies on this board can see.:yep:

I used the Marcia Teixeira chocolate treatment about 7 weeks ago. It's feeling like it's time to do another treatment; I'm trying to stretch it until the 24th which is the week before my vacation. That way it will have time to settle and then I can go swimming. :yay:

Last time I definitely used way too much product, as it was my first time doing it at home. This go round I will use much less product and lower heat. I think using too much product is what made the results not last as long, as the hair was too coated.

I'd also be curious to know about the lightening effect of BKT since I just got color a couple of weeks ago - wondering how much it will alter my color.

@Napp @mstar @BlackHairDiva @Dove56 @cutenss

From my experience, no it does not lighten the hair. I wait 1 week between my coloring ( I use Olia) and my BKT. never had any issues.

Can one use an amonia free hair color one week before the treatment.

Also, does the treatment really lighten the hair

Last edited:

Napp mstar BlackHairDiva Dove56 cutenss

tapioca_pudding

It could lighten up to about 2.5 shades if your hair is colored, it won't lighten your natural unaltered hair color though.

I know some treatments will alter the color and some won't. I've never used Marcia Textura but I know the Brazilian Blowout (original formula), QOD Max (regular and organiq) never altered my hair color. I did use several brands that did though but I didn't mind to much. What is your natural color, do you lighten it or darken it?

@tapioca_pudding

It could lighten up to about 2.5 shades if your hair is colored, it won't lighten your natural unaltered hair color though.

I know some treatments will alter the color and some won't. I've never used Marcia Textura but I know the Brazilian Blowout (original formula), QOD Max (regular and organiq) never altered my hair color. I did use several brands that did though but I didn't mind to much. What is your natural color, do you lighten it or darken it?

Good to point out the brand... I used Marcia texeira and I didn't experience lightening up to my colored hair and to my natural color hair.:yep:

Dove56BlackHairDiva - My hair has been lightened, here's a pic -

ce5554ec-f962-490e-b1c1-4ca9be3cd106_zps92d5c1b2.jpg

My hair is quite light so I don't know if I want to go lighter.. I know the best thing to do is a strand/section test... Thanks so much! I keep saying I want to try the QOD Max to see what results I get.

You ladies have provided great information!! I may need to get the MT Pre shampoo.. I did order the MT serum BlackHairDiva but I haven't used it yet.. do you have a special way that you use it?

I'm natural but I normally flat iron my hair on 350-375 with nice results, so I'm wondering if I can do the same with the BKT.

Last edited:
Yes, you can but remember if you ever decide to be relaxed one day.... Use less heat.

@Dove56@BlackHairDiva - My hair has been lightened, here's a pic -

My hair is quite light so I don't know if I want to go lighter.. I know the best thing to do is a strand/section test... Thanks so much! I keep saying I want to try the QOD Max to see what results I get.

You ladies have provided great information!! I may need to get the MT Pre shampoo.. I did order the MT serum @BlackHairDiva but I haven't used it yet.. do you have a special way that you use it?

I'm natural but I normally flat iron my hair on 350-375 with nice results, so I'm wondering if I can do the same with the BKT.

Dove56BlackHairDiva - My hair has been lightened, here's a pic -

You ladies have provided great information!! I may need to get the MT Pre shampoo.. I did order the MT serum BlackHairDiva but I haven't used it yet.. do you have a special way that you use it?

The color is beautiful. :yep:

Yeah you can still flatiron using the same temps. I can even get great rollersets with keratin. :yep:

Thank you ladies so much! I'm excited for my next BKT now lol I feel like I have all these tips and tricks... :giggle:

Dove56 THanks re: my color! It's taking me a min to adjust but I do like it quite alot! Who knows how long it will last though lol my roots are already growing in and I dont' wanna be the girl with two inches of dark roots, but I also don't want to get color treatments super close together. :drunk:

BlackHairDiva I may have asked before, but how do you use the Marcia Teixera serum/oil? Do you use it the same day as your BKT, or do you use it as your heat protectant going forward? Do you use it on wet or dry hair? I have it at home I just haven't used it yet and want to use it efficiently.

I used it the day of the application. I blow dry the hair with a little bit on there and then flat iron...I just love the smell.

I then use it after my 4 day without wash. The result is amazing. On the fourth day after I do my first wash and a good deep condition. I blow dry and flat iron the hair at low heat... Impeccable result.

If you have issues about reversion...go to Sephora and get the kerating perfect blow dry cream...a little goes a long way and the hair will never revert. I also love their Keratin oil...makes my hair stay fresh suring my 3 and fourth month.

Thank you ladies so much! I'm excited for my next BKT now lol I feel like I have all these tips and tricks... :giggle:

@Dove56 THanks re: my color! It's taking me a min to adjust but I do like it quite alot! Who knows how long it will last though lol my roots are already growing in and I dont' wanna be the girl with two inches of dark roots, but I also don't want to get color treatments super close together. :drunk:

@BlackHairDiva I may have asked before, but how do you use the Marcia Teixera serum/oil? Do you use it the same day as your BKT, or do you use it as your heat protectant going forward? Do you use it on wet or dry hair? I have it at home I just haven't used it yet and want to use it efficiently.

I did my first SoftLiss BKT on Sunday morning ando washed it out on Tuesday. I did read the instructions but somehow I skipped over the part of only leaving it on for 1 hour. My hair went from a 4a to 2c/3a! It's way too straight. It's super soft and easy to detangle. I almost feel like I should use a protein DC because its so soft. Is it just me?

BlackHairDiva thank you SO much for that information!! I will look into the blowdry cream you mentioned.. I couldn't find it online at Sephora but the next time I'm in store I will ask about it. I'm trying not to put heat in my hair until it's time for my BKT but now I'm anxious to use the MT serum LOL smh. I really appreciate you providing this information!

I did my first SoftLiss BKT on Sunday morning ando washed it out on Tuesday. I did read the instructions but somehow I skipped over the part of only leaving it on for 1 hour. My hair went from a 4a to 2c/3a! It's way too straight. It's super soft and easy to detangle. I almost feel like I should use a protein DC because its so soft. Is it just me?

sorry to hear this! This is way i always recommend doing a test section when trying a new bkt. Not all formulas are made equal and many formulas are for women who want straight hair.

I am curious, what temperature did you flat iron it on?

With MT, you would need the pre-treatment shampoo, the keratin treatment and I suggest getting the buruti serum as well.

Make sure to do the application in a well ventilated area...open windows and all. I also use gloves and I have a simple mask I put on. I bought a small fume extractor on ebay for like 40$

I'm thinking about using the MT brand, can someone tell me the products I need to order? TIA

@tapioca_pudding @Missy25

There 3 sites that I used to order from. I used to order from extendedlenghts.com but then I stop after they had charged me for an item that was out of stock. They never sent me the item as they had written on the receipt. I emailed them and even scanned the receipt they still did not refund me nor sent the item.

The last time I ordered was from charmsupply.com, they have the entire MT line on there. I suggest that your order from them. if your are living outside of the us...you have to email them and they will send you a paypal invoice. You cannot process the purchase online if you are outside of the USA :nono:. I used to be able to process the order myself,but they changed that.I attempted to make an order on Friday, and I emailed them thinking it was a technical issue. By time they responded, I had already purchased an alternative.... Organix 30 day keratin treatment, I haven't tried it yet....but I saw some youtube clips. It seems promising.

The other place is beauty-mart.com they do not seem to ship outside of the US.

So in the meantime, I will be testing the organix system in a week from now. From the clips I saw, ladies....don't hate me ....I might jump ship completely and leave MT.

Those of you who are curious, here are the clips I saw:

Applied on natural hair:

Before ( this user has been using it, since 2011):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_ugX1rAX7U

After (wash out after 48 hours):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi3QqNI3gZQ

Final Result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ngtQftU7O0

Day 26:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6QpKzlR4_Q

2013 clips from same user as above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y-MaClHEgE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmWOVcRYF_4

Curformers on Keratin ( same user as above):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZTLniieX_k

Other users:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NwY6pQefjg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osr_thDLQpk

@BlackHairDiva - Do you have a certain site where you get the MT pre shampoo?

Thank you @BlackHairDiva, can you suggest a site to order from? I found one site, can't remember the website at the moment though.

Last edited:
BlackHairDiva - To be honest with you, I just may try the organix one as well! I'm going to do the MT again in a couple weeks to get through the remainder of the summer(ish), then I may try the Organix for the colder months when I'm much less concerned about humidity, etc. Thanks SO much for all of your input!!

caliscurls Missy25 Missy25 I just finished doing a strand test on my hair...I'm really excited about this product and the strand that I tested came out straight...I mean straight !!!! its soft....oddly feels moisturized!!! Im really excited about this. So Friday I will be able to wash off the tested area and see how it comes out. My phone is broken , I cant take pics..I wish I could.

BlackHairDiva you're testing Organix right? I can't wait to see pics from your full treatment and how you like it a month from now. I ordered the QOD Max Organiq Shot the other day and plan to test it within the next month. Someone found a site where you can order the Design Essentials Treatment and posted it earlier. I want to try that one sometime next year.

Back