Keratin Treatment Support Thread

Have you bkt your roots yet? If so, how did it turn out?
I decided not to BKT my roots just yet.

One reason is that I'm using a medicated shampoo that has sodium in it so it would be a waste of BKT.

The other reason is that I'm working out almost every day until late July, which is when I will attend my High School reunion. I made the executive decision to focus on my body rather than my hair (styling wise) over the next 3 months so I'll be wearing protective styling every day until then (I'm also growing out my relaxed ends. I won't be doing a BKT until mid-June at the earlist because of my intense sweaty workouts and medicated shampoo use.

I'll be lurking in this thread in the meantime! :lurking:

Last edited:
Ok ladies I have a question which I'm sure has been answered. I have used DH twice and each time the hair was beautiful and shiny. Then about 3 weeks later I will experience a great deal of breakage. I can't tell if it's because the hair is dry, but I don't think it's protein sensitve because before BKT I used Apoghee 2 minute before every wash.

At this point I usually relax. I only do this process about every 3 or 4 months. This may strip away the BKT, but after doing this my relaxed hair looks way more shiny and and it stronger and doesn't break. I'm trying to see how can I cut out this period of breakage and how can I determine what is causing it? Could it be the brand? I'm done with my DH samples and I will be looking for something else, maybe, but I'm just scared that this 3 weeks of breakage will effect the overall health of my hair.
DH caused me a great deal of breakage, I would not recommend anyone use it and I certainly will not use it again myself. That was my experience. I was about 7 months post when I used it. I'm not sure how it works on 100% natural hair but I had breakage at the line of demarcation when I used DH.

Me-T! Chile I got a little shiver with all that swanging hair...Wonderful That Izunami ain't no joke - all hair lay DOWN!.

Yup. Let me tell you, a girl walked up to me while I was doing someone's hair and said "can I use your flat iron for my bangs - just right here" and she showed me. I said sure, but I was working on a client. I put the iron down and that chick had the nerve to REACH for my BABY, and pick it up. I looked at her like I was going to chop her. I said "oh no, don't do that! I will do it for you"

Honey touching somebody's flatiron is a very personal experience. That girl almost pulled back a nub messing my Izunami.

The other girl behind busted out laughing at me, she said "that girl don't know 'bout you D" sho' didn't.

Yup. Let me tell you, a girl walked up to me while I was doing someone's hair and said "can I use your flat iron for my bangs - just right here" and she showed me. I said sure, but I was working on a client. I put the iron down and that chick had the nerve to REACH for my BABY, and pick it up. I looked at her like I was going to chop her. I said "oh no, don't do that! I will do it for you"

Honey touching somebody's flatiron is a very personal experience. That girl almost pulled back a nub messing my Izunami.

The other girl behind busted out laughing at me, she said "that girl don't know 'bout you D" sho' didn't.

she could not be serious. rollin up on somebody then grabbin their flat iron?? first chivalry died, now manners are in a coma:nono:

Hey ladies! I have decided to drop out of the Keratin Klub (lol). I will not be continuing to do the BKT. I am trying out something different that I feel is a better fit for my hair. I purchased 4 oz of Marcia Teixia Chocolate from Miss Bossy that I was going to use for my next treatment but never did. It comes in 2 separate bottles (because I ordered 2 oz on 2 separate occassion from her). Anyway I thought I'd offer it for sale to you ladies here before putting it up in the exchange forum. I am selling for $40 shipping included. PM me if you are interested. SOLD Thanks and good luck to you all:yep:.

Last edited:
I also stopped doing treatments. I'm going to work on the curls for now.

I have global 4% that I will sell for $15 an ounce. If you get 4 ounces or more I'll make it $12 per ounce.
AND take your pick: free priority mail shipping OR free sample of the global bkt poo and cond.

I also stopped doing treatments. I'm going to work on the curls for now.

I have global 4% that I will sell for $15 an ounce. If you get 4 ounces or more I'll make it $12 per ounce.
AND take your pick: free priority mail shipping OR free sample of the global bkt poo and cond.

May I ask why you have decided to stop your treatments?

Hey ladies! I have decided to drop out of the Keratin Klub (lol). I will not be continuing to do the BKT. I am trying out something different that I feel is a better fit for my hair. I purchased 4 oz of Marcia Teixia Chocolate from Miss Bossy that I was going to use for my next treatment but never did. It comes in 2 separate bottles (because I ordered 2 oz on 2 separate occassion from her). Anyway I thought I'd offer it for sale to you ladies here before putting it up in the exchange forum. I am selling for $40 shipping included. PM me if you are interested. Thanks and good luck to you all:yep:.

I'm interested! Just PM'd you.
And regarding the bolded: Please share your "something different". You know we're all curious!

Last edited:
I just did another KT application today - Marcia Advanced.
I am 2 weeks post. This time I did a pre-shampoo treatment for 1 day (out of laziness and being too tired to complete the entire process) using Schwarzkopf Bonacure Smooth Express, then this morning went through the keratin application - clarifying poo and keratin followed by a rinse out 1 hour later and blow out.

beautiful results, and the hair is super silky.

just out of curiosity... is there a limit to the "no time limit" thing? say i clarified and applied at night, but went to sleep and finished the next day? would that be pushing it?

that's a good question. I definitely wouldn't sleep with a low form. formula, no. I wouldn't sleep in any because of scalp irritation. You're basically bagging Bkt. At least blowdry first.

:hiya:
Hey everyone! Just jumping in to say that I washed with the new sulfate-free Keracare Shampoo and it worked will with my BKT hair. Clean hair and scalp without stripping the treatment. I put down my old Keracare because of the sodium and began using Hair One. While Hair One was good, I'm glad to be back with Keracare!!!:grin:

:hiya:
Hey everyone! Just jumping in to say that I washed with the new sulfate-free Keracare Shampoo and it worked will with my BKT hair. Clean hair and scalp without stripping the treatment. I put down my old Keracare because of the sodium and began using Hair One. While Hair One was good, I'm glad to be back with Keracare!!!:grin:

Texasqt,

I LOVE the new sulfate-free Keracare Shampoo. I bought a bottle about 2 months ago from Ulta and I haven't looked back. That shampooo makes my hair feel so soft and moisturized. It's definitely a keeper for my BKT'd hair. :yep:

Texasqt,

I LOVE the new sulfate-free Keracare Shampoo. I bought a bottle about 2 months ago from Ulta and I haven't looked back. That shampooo makes my hair feel so soft and moisturized. It's definitely a keeper for my BKT'd hair. :yep:

Hmmmmm, seems reminiscent of CON Red label but without sulfates. I've been looking for replacement poo for CON red label since it was discontinued...

never heard of that brand. clicked on the link and saw that the seller only has 1 star. and considering they gave you something other than what you paid, i'd give a bad review. have you talked to them already?

bumping for help

I've never heard of that brand but found this on the web (http://www.lamasbeauty.com/talk/salon/messages/23836.html) . It's slightly reassuring.

"From: moncherip (76.3.168.169)
Subject: Re: Brazilian Chocolate Care and G9 ionic cream
Date: April 13, 2010 at 5:38 pm PST

In Reply to: Brazilian Chocolate Care and G9 ionic cream posted by Angela on August 31, 2008 at 2:51 pm:

ok I too am looking to repurchase the chocolate care treatment. I have been using it for 5 years on my clients and it does all it says it will and more. contact me if you find it i have alwyas baught it from ebay."

BTW, what are the ingredients listed? And remember to keep your flat iron temperature down! Good luck.

Last edited:
Are you ladies still using Dreamhair?
I went to their website and they only sell the large sizes ... which for my 1st BKT I'm not ok with dropping $225 with out knowing if I'll like it.

Do you ladies have a recommended seller on ebay or soemthing?

I've never heard of that brand but found this on the web (http://www.lamasbeauty.com/talk/salon/messages/23836.html) . It's slightly reassuring.

"From: moncherip (76.3.168.169)
Subject: Re: Brazilian Chocolate Care and G9 ionic cream
Date: April 13, 2010 at 5:38 pm PST

In Reply to: Brazilian Chocolate Care and G9 ionic cream posted by Angela on August 31, 2008 at 2:51 pm:

ok I too am looking to repurchase the chocolate care treatment. I have been using it for 5 years on my clients and it does all it says it will and more. contact me if you find it i have alwyas baught it from ebay."

BTW, what are the ingredients listed? And remember to keep your flat iron temperature down! Good luck.
The list is:
theobroma Cacau (cocoa) Extract
Hydrolyzed Keratin
Dimethiconol
Phenyl Trimethicone
Gyceril Monoestearate
Sorbitol
Mineral Oils
Behentrimonium
Methosulfate
Citric Acid
Cetrimonium Chloride
Petrolatum Cetearyl Alcohol
Diazolidinyl Urea
Crysteine
Fragrance
Water

When you say keep your flat iron temp down do you mean not to use it at 450? Will it still work?
Thanks so much for your help

a temp of 380 on a high end "temp stabilized" type of flatiron should do the trick. Keratin seals in the hair at 325. I say use 380 because it is still under the "heat damage" range and you are assured the iron doesn't dip/spike while you are trying to seal in the keratin.

You might be able to get away with 350, but please be sure to do at least 10-12 swipes - ESPECIALLY if you have unprocessed hair. Wouldn't want to waste your product.

a temp of 380 on a high end "temp stabilized" type of flatiron should do the trick. Keratin seals in the hair at 325. I say use 380 because it is still under the "heat damage" range and you are assured the iron doesn't dip/spike while you are trying to seal in the keratin.

You might be able to get away with 350, but please be sure to do at least 10-12 swipes - ESPECIALLY if you have unprocessed hair. Wouldn't want to waste your product.

Thanks so much! I wish I had realized that earlier I bought a new flat iron that went to 450 just because everything seemed to say that. :ohwell: oh well at lest its pink so i'll keep it

Back