June 2010...What Did YOU Buy this Week? (Hair Care Edition)

Since I've been back on the wagon with airdrying I decided to get a real detangling comb, I went to sally's and picked up the Mebco detangling comb and fell in love last night!!! This is the best detangling comb ever!!!!!

Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Clarifying Shampoo
Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Calming Conditioner

I got both from Wallyworld for about $7.98/each. If they work, I'm going to buy the larger sizes for cheaper from massagewarehouse.com.

I also bought a new wide tooth comb. The brand is Diane, and it's called a "shampoo comb". It was $1.49 from the BSS. It's actually a really nice comb.

ETA: I used all three items yesterday. I loved the comb, but the shampoo and conditioner stripped the mess out of my hair. I used Suave Humectant on the other side of my head, and got excellent results. I will be exchanging them for the large bottles of Suave later on today.

ETA 2: Wallyworld was completely sold out of the humectant line. Everything else was fully stocked. So I went ahead and got the Rosemary mint variation.

I also bought a 32 oz. bottle of Wave Nouveau lotion.

Last edited:
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Plus Cholesterol. I remember this helping me out the first time I went natural. It always was a reliable staple:yep:

I got some VO5 conditioner, Herbal Essence and JoJoba oil. For some reason I am not finding Aussie Moist conditioner online hmmm......

Ordered my first lace wigs (yes, plural). I'm 'bout to get wiggylicious for the first time in my life. I hope ppl don't have too much to say about it ... but I'm doing anyway ... and I'm excited!

2 tubes aussie 3 min miracle (staple DC base)
2 tubes MN (trying this as a growth aid)
3 lbs black soap (this thing is heavenly)
3 lbs bentonite clay (havnt tried yet but will tonight)

so far nothing, ive been in protective styles last two months but my fro is out today...im feening to try something new lol

sally's
short doobie clips, last time I bought the long clips and didn't like them
satin-like drawstring sleep cap
lottabody

wally world
tressame naturals silicone-free conditioner

keracare silken seal liquid sheen

keracare leave in conditioner (new reformulated version in gold bottle)

matrix biolage thermal-active repair cream

Sprite Shower Filter from Lowe's for around $25.

I said this was all I was going to buy this month. I am determined to stick to this. My stash is PACKED!! Lol!! I figure I have enough product to get me into 2011!!

However, I must admit that I am

... Oops!

I am IN LOVE with Shescentit's Coco Creame Leave-In. It's the best I've ever tried!! I just may have to order more of this!

Fresh from Sally's tonight.....

Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 (never tried it)
BB Castor Oil Moisturizer
Wild Growth Oil
The Tangle Tamer comb (I'm going on 10 weeks post and intend to attempt my first loooonnng stretch, maybe 5 or 6 mos.)

Aloe Vera Whole Leaf Juice
Avocado Oil
Xanthan Gum Powder ( thickener, I will do separate batches w/ the xanthan gum and carrageenan to see which one I like best)
Carrageenan Powder (thickener)
Sodium Lactate (I'm going to use this in place of glycerin)

I want to make a moisturizing, creamy gel for my hair.

Same here :look: I finished up May by buying almost 80 bottles of skala, I think I'm on product punishment this month lol

........ok so punishment lasted a whole what 8 days? lol.....

JBC Distributors
Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor Oil

Sally's
Silk Elements Mega Cholestorol Treatment
Silk Elements Megasilk Moisture Treatment
Sile Elements Megasilk Olive Moisturizing Treatment
Argan Oil
Terry Cloth Sweat Band
Evolve Cholesterol Conditiong Cap - 6
Applicator Bottle for MT/JBCO mix
Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray
Wave Nouveau Finishing Mist - 2

2 SB Skala Leave ins
2 Avocado Skala Leave ins
2 SB Skala Masques
2 G3 Skala Masques

Amazon
Kanechom Ceramide Hair Cream
Kanechom Figs Deep Hydrating Mask
Kanechom Chocolate Mask

Which just leaves me left to buy:
Hair Steamer
Ouidad Detangler Comb

Then I'm done....for a couple of weeks at least

I'll be getting a few of the EZ Combs from Walgreen and I might break down and order the Alter Ego Garlic conditioner if this shedding/slight breakage doesn't subside.

JBC Distributors
Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Sally's
Silk Elements Mega Cholestorol Treatment
Silk Elements Megasilk Moisture Treatment
Sile Elements Megasilk Olive Moisturizing Treatment
Argan Oil
Terry Cloth Sweat Band
Evolve Cholesterol Conditiong Cap - 6
Applicator Bottle for MT/JBCO mix
Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray
Wave Nouveau Finishing Mist - 2

Which just leaves me left to buy:
Hair Steamer
Ouidad Detangler Comb

Then I'm done....for a couple of weeks at least
Received my "extra dark" JBCO yesterday from JBC Distributors. How are you going to use it?

Was Sally's having a sale. Do you have a code? or was it purchased from the store?

I, also ordered a steamer yesterday from lclbeauty.com (used the $10 off code from exoticmommies). Received a shipping notice this morning from Fedex. Hope it gets here tomorrow. Total price $129.77 (shipped).

Received my "extra dark" JBCO yesterday from JBC Distributors. How are you going to use it?

Was Sally's having a sale. Do you have a code? or was it purchased from the store?

I, also ordered a steamer yesterday from lclbeauty.com (used the $10 off code from exoticmommies). Received a shipping notice this morning from Fedex. Hope it gets here tomorrow. Total price $129.77 (shipped).

I'm going to mix a bit of it in with some MegaTek and use that on my scalp, and add some to my DC's to give them an extra kick :yep:. Sally's has the Silk Elements on sale right now at a great price (6.99 compared to the regular 10.99 & 11.99), and the finishing mist was on sale 16 oz for like 4.69 ea-and the 8 oz bottles are 4.59 so I had to jump on that 16 oz lol. I had one of those 15% off coupons so I used that and since the order was over $50 the shipping was free :grin:

I'm ordering my steamer from lcl as well, I'm so excited to get steaming! :lachen:

Aubrey organics Island Naturals conditioner (smells like noxzema :lol:)
ORS replenishing (re-up)
Hempseed oil (finally)
Hairzing

Back