June 2010...What Did YOU Buy this Week? (Hair Care Edition)

I'm proud to say I didn't buy anything hair related this week. I hope I didn't type too soon.

These have pretty good ingredients:
Fantastic Sams Leave in
Fantastic Sams Moisturizing Cond
Fantastic Sams Clarifying Poo

Thanks to the Medco $10 off deal floating around here, I bought the items listed below. I only paid 99 cents on each order which is ONLY for the shipping!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

1st Order
AO Honeysuckle

2nd Order
Cantu Break (forgot the whole name)
Cantu Grow Strong = 99 cents for both jars

Lord, I need to stop... I bought myself two hair nets , plastic magnetic rollers, and some Good Hair Days pins knowing good and well I don't have enough hair to put in a bun. :lachen: I call it thinking ahead. :rolleyes:

I bought this conditioner from TJ Maxx called Thermafuse Hydrate Conditioner. The ingredients list made me do it. Lol. I always roam the hair care section when I go and this time I think I may have found my staple conditioner! Ok...I'm done. I pray that this will be my only purchase for the month of June. We will see...:look:

I bought this conditioner from TJ Maxx called Thermafuse Hydrate Conditioner. The ingredients list made me do it. Lol. I always roam the hair care section when I go and this time I think I may have found my staple conditioner! Ok...I'm done. I pray that this will be my only purchase for the month of June. We will see...:look:
Great to see another fellow Tennessean on the forum! Do you reside in Memphis?

So far, I have only purchased 9 packs of braid hair but have plans to go back out today shopping after I prepare lunch for the family.

Using that $10 off coupon I bought a lot of stuff at reasonable prices. I ordered the Giovanni Direct Leave-In, a Garnier Fructise Leave-In Conditioning Cream, Scunci jaw clips, a Motions Leave-In, and a relaxer for my mom. I also bought other things (not hair care related), and the total came to about $8.

Hopefully my hair figures out if it likes at least ONE of these leave-ins.

2 bottles of v05 for co-washes, CFC gold, and HE LTR leave-in (wanted to see what all the hype is about.)

Restocked my Qhemet Biologics stash.

Burdock Root Butter Cream (full size)
Amla & Olive Heavy Cream (small size)
Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee (small size)
Castor & Moringa Softening Serum

GVP Humectress only to find out they have changed GVP Humectress to match reformulated Humectress (despite what is shown on website) that they been selling since 2009. I like the new version but It really to me just Tresemme Moisture rich with avocado oil. :( Lame.

Great to see another fellow Tennessean on the forum! Do you reside in Memphis?

So far, I have only purchased 9 packs of braid hair but have plans to go back out today shopping after I prepare lunch for the family.

I'm from Memphis, but I'm in Knoxville, TN for school right now. It is good to see a fellow Tennessean on the forum! I was wondering if it were any of us on here. Lol

melaleuca scalp therapy oil
hairveda sitirinillah moisture treatment and amla cream rinse
headbands
sage and peppermint oils

Capilo Sole & Cinammon Conditioner
Rivas Silicon Mix Conditioner Bambu
Rivas Silicon Mix Conditioner Intensive
D'Fina 11 en 1 Conditioner
Bo Crece Pelo Conditioner

Last edited:
:hiya2: Tee!

I'm trying to find a way to moisturize flat-ironed roots w/o reverting soooo.....I purchased $0.97 sample sizes of:

1.1 oz Palmers Olive Oil Formula
1.5 oz Motions Weightless Clear Hairdressing

If I don't like them, I'll do my usual, give them to my sisters and nieces. :yep:

:hiya2: Tee!

I'm trying to find a way to moisturize flat-ironed roots w/o reverting soooo.....I purchased $0.97 sample sizes of:

1.1 oz Palmers Olive Oil Formula
1.5 oz Motions Weightless Clear Hairdressing

If I don't like them, I'll do my usual, give them to my sisters and nieces. :yep:

:hiya2:Girl, We MISS YOU!:love2: Hope work settles down soon.

I really miss your Posts.:hug3:Hope your Hair is doing well.

I'm newly natural so I've bought a few things :look::

Aubrey Organics White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing Conditioner
Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier
Sta-Sof-Fro Hair & Scalp Spray
Aloe Vera Juice
pH strips

I've only used the Sta-Sof-Fro and it is a bust. It worked much better on my relaxed hair.

ETA: Oh yeah :look:, I forgot I also bought:

Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner
2 packs of Yaki Pony (I was planning on getting some braids after my BC but my hair is too short for that at the moment)

Okay, that's it for real!!! :lol:

ETA2: Oops! Forgot :look:, I also order some shea butter :look:.

Last edited:
HE LTR leave in- I actually like this.
Shea Moisture Shea Butter Masque
Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner

Yes to Cucumbuers conditioner
Botanical Spirits trial sizes of Curl Tamer Conditioner, Curls Cream and some other stuff
John Masters Organics Citrus/Neroli Conditioner

Flexi rods
End paper
Applicator bottle

Jojoba oil
ORS jojoba oil
ORS carrot oil
Nativa coconut oil

Last edited:
so far....I stocked up on more glycerin, found some gracier condi (sleek n shine) on sale and some cute head bands/bobby pins..

:hiya2:Girl, We MISS YOU!:love2: Hope work settles down soon.

I really miss your Posts.:hug3:Hope your Hair is doing well.

Awwwweeee miss you guys much also...!!! :kiss::drunk::grouphug: Yes my hair is doing fine. Thanks soo much for asking. :yep:

Pantene Moisturizing Conditioner 44 oz from Sams for $5.97
Olive Oil Cream Headdress -- following Whimsy's lead LOL

Last edited:
1 Skala Shea Butter Poo
1 Skala Shea Butter Masque (OH LAWD I NEED HELP!)
Tresemme heat tamer spray - I dont even know why I bought this because I'm trying not to use heat for the whole summer, I just felt like my growing collection of hair products needed it.

Back