June 2006 HITS/MISSES

Priestess said:
MizaniMami, this method works so much better on my hair! When I would co-wash with my VO5 using it like shampoo, I would invariably get gunk on my scalp if I wasn't careful enough about rinsing. :perplexed

But I have a theory that conditioner absorbs better on dry hair, and so this is how I do my co-washes now: I saturate my hair with conditioner and oils, leave it on for a while either while under the dryer, a steaming hot towel, or just with a plastic cap and rinse and it works soooo much better this way. Good luck! ;)

Hits:
Silk Elements Megasilk Lye relaxer
Proclaim Neutralizing Shampoo
Wella Regeneral ph Normalizing lotion
glycerin

Revisited Hits:
Proclaim Glossing Polish
Rusk Smoother
VO5 Miracle Mist

Misses:
None that I can recall, unless they were so bad I've blocked them out. :look:

I hope I do like it. I plan on doing it this wenesday. I am very excited about it!

Hits: MIZANI RHELAXER!!!!!!!!! This gave me the straightest hair ever. I was worried since I had a sew in and my scalp was a little irritated. But I am so happy!!!!!!!!:dance7: :dance7: :dance7: :dance7: :dance7:

Revisited: Motions Moisture Plus conditioner: This gave me the best slip EVER!! I am glad that I bought the tub!!!:bouncegre :bouncegre :bouncegre

Misses: None yet.

DahomeyAhosi said:
Misses: NTM Silk Touch Leave in cream....just created a disgusting layer of buildup

You know, I used to think this, too. You should keep it around and play around with it before throwing it out because later I found how to make it work and it really does wonders for keeping hair soft.

But, I do clarify with every wash and I can't use NTM everyday because of the 'cones I use to flatiron with. I really only need to use it once after I clean my hair which is every 3 days. The other days I just seal with my oils/butters. The NTM softness lasts a long time.

I haven't really tried any new products this month but here's what I've revisited:

HITS
Scurl and Sta So Fro Activator- I've always loved these 2 products and how soft they make my hair feel. When I took out my braids last week I didn't have any braid take-down spray, so I decided to use these 2. I had to finish my bottle of Sta So Fro anyway. They worked like magic. I lost very little hair, just the hair that shedded while I was in braids, nothing more. I sprayed each braid just before unbraiding. I will no longer be buying braid take-down spray.

sareca said:
Uh, guys... it's July. :sekret:

LMAO! I was thinking the same thing, but I guess we can't help it! By the time this post comes for July I don't think I will remember everything.

More hits for me:
Keracare Creme hairdress: Moisturizes EXTREMELY well and does not weight the hair down. I likey and it's a keeper!

O wait I forgot!

I did try a new product in June!

HIT:
African Royale Braid Spray- Big hit! My hair was very moist when I took out my braids. I sprayed it almost every day at least 1x per day. I would say I was 95% consistent with moisturizing my braids this time and it paid off!

Back