Castor Oil
Misses
Pantene Detangler

Hits:
1) NTM Silk-Touch Leave in Cream
2) NTM Deep recovery hair mask (this makes your hair
so soft):clap:

Misses:
1) Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1spray. (Too greasy. I never felt like it absorbed into my hair)

JLove74 said:
Ummmm....Flaxseed has a fishy taste?

I wouldn't call it fishy, but it's definitely gross. I'm logging on to HSN right now. I switched to fish oil capsules when I finished my last bottle, but I gotta go back to flax. Flaxseed oil made my menses bearable. Fish oil has little or now effect on it. :perplexed

Just bought and used once so the jury is still in deliberation..

Strong n healthy anti-dryness root remedy
At One with nature hair and scalp treament shampoo and leave-in.

Hits:

Nutrine Garlic shampoo scented (Revisted). This is so much more effective than Queen Helene garlic poo.
Kids Organics shea butter detangling moisturizing lotion. Thanks so1913 for recommending this for maintaining curls. It's awesome!!
John Frieda brilliant brunette light relecting moisturizing conditioner (amber to maple)
VO5 free me freesia moisturizing conditioner (revisted)
Herbal Essences totally twisted curls and waves conditioner
Jason Biotin shampoo. The tingle is amazing.

Misses:

None

Last edited:
Hits:
Loreal Smooth Intense Anti Frzz Cream (as a daily moisturizer on dry hair) - I love this stuff and so does my flat-ironed hair!!

FHI Hot Sauce - Protectant and moisturizer in one - not bad. (the price is a bit much, though)

Misses:
None, so far

Rediscovered Hit:
Keracare Silken Seal Serum :love: (why did I ever stray ?!)

Miss:
Redken All Soft Conditioner (glad I bought the $2 size :naughty: )

Unsure:
Nioxin Scalp Therapy 3 (chemically enhanced hair)
Nioxin Bliss
Nioxin Silk Elixir
Redken Anti-Snap
Redken All Soft Addictive

HIT
Aveda DR poo and intensive con - this stuff is the ish!
Vo5 mist - great heat protectant and CHEAP - $4!

Miss
None

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
Hits:

Nutrine Garlic shampoo scented (Revisted). This is so much more effective than Queen Helene garlic poo.
Kids Organics shea butter detangling moisturizing lotion. Thanks so1913 for recommending this for maintaining curls. It's awesome!!
John Frieda brilliant brunette light relecting moisturizing conditioner (amber to maple)
VO5 free me freesia moisturizing conditioner (revisted)
Herbal Essences totally twisted curls and waves conditioner
Jason Biotin shampoo. The tingle is amazing.

Misses:

None

You're welcome!

Miss: Last night I tried Doo Gro Deep Down Intense Penetrating Conditioner and I hated it. It dried my hair out and had it very sticky when I washed it out. I love Doo Gro's line but this was defintely not working for me.

Hits:I followed up with Pantene Hydrating Mask and I loved it. I restored the moisture that the Doo Gro seemed to take from me. My hair was so silky feeling, I guess you guys call that slip? But thumbs up for me.

Also, this month I just started using Elasta QP Mango Butter and I am in love. This has replaced my NTM silk touch & scurl for my daily moisturizer.

Last edited:
Hits:
Silk Elements Megasilk lye relaxer
Wella Regneral ph normalizing lotion
Proclaim Neutralizing Shampoo
WGO
VO5 Tangerine Tickle & Free Me Fressia Condtioners
Aceite 3 (Sweet Oil 3 Blend of Olive, Castor, and Sweet Almond Oils)

Hits:
Phyto Relaxer
Keracare humecto, hydrating shampoo, creme hair dress, jojoba moisturizer
Surge Oil

MORE HITS

Kinky Curly Curling Custard,.......my twistout was like WHoa!....lol
Curls Whipped Cream
Curls - Souffle
Curls - Curlicious Curls cleansing Creme
Curls - Curl Ecstasy Asian Hair Tea

Hits:
Jilbre shower comb
Blended Beauty Styling Butter Cream
Blended Beauty Straight Pearl
Blended Beauty Curly Frizz Pudding
Vegetable glycerin
Giovanni Frizz Be Gone serum

Misses:
Rosewater and Glycerin spray...it caused major frizzies

Even though I just got the Blended Beauty products this friday they are already hits with me!!!! They smell nice and they came in the knick of time. I was catching the frizzy poof hair blues!!! I also got the Blended Beauty Straightening Glaze and Blended Beauty Kick For Curls but I didn't use them yet.

Hits
Keracare Conditioning Creme Headdress -- OMG!
Keracare Silken Sealer Spray -- love it, especially after the headdress.
Sally's Hard water Conditioner -- almost as good as soft water ... almost (sigh)
Aveda Elixir Leave-in -- good stuff, but Mango and Lime is just as good and 1/4 the cost.
IC Styling Gel with sparkle lights -- it's ok.

Rediscovered hit: Kemy Oyl on wet hair.

No misses -- I was fairly conservative with my PJisms this month.

Last edited:
Hits:
KeraCare 1st Lather, Detangling poo, humecto, leave-in & conditioning creme headress.

Misses:
Pantene Pro-V Light Leave in

Ready to chuck Silk Touch!!!! NTM Silk touch that is....Yes I know its July, but I had to put this down....

Hits
  • White Rain Intensive Moisture Conditioner :love:
  • Washing hair frequently
  • Using less oil
  • Deep conditioning w/ heat

Hit:

Jason sea kelp conditioner (revisited)
Jason biotin conditioner (revisited)
Silk elements leave in moisturising treatment

Miss:
Roux Fanciful rinse

Hits:

*Silk Elements Revive & Restore Hair Mayonnaise - This made my new growth a lot easier to manage and my hair felt sooooo good. However next time I use it I wont be using my Nexxus Shampoo with it. I think I'll just use it alone.

*Silk Elements Glossing Polish - I had this in my closet for a few months and I ran out of the DE polish so I pulled this out. This has become my #1 staple. It made flat ironing my hair so much easier and the shine looked so much better.

Unsure:

*Pantene Purity Clarifying Shampoo - This is a shampoo I plan to use after exercising to help with the build up from sweating

Revisited:

*Silk NTM Touch - I used this because I wasnt noticing any positive differences from the Giovanni direct leave-in and this time it didnt make my hair extra oily. I think it was because of the Silk Elements Mayo Treatment

HIT: AOs GPB (I mix mine with other ingredients based on Fox's sheabutter conditioning leave-in from lhc). I have been using once a week for 3 wks for strength. This is the only leave-in I use and my hair loves it.No misses.

Faith said:
Yes, I know we're a bit early. Just keep adding on...lol. I had an early start.

Hits:
AO HoneySuckle Rose Conditioner: 10 out of 10
Giovanni Direct Leave in: 10 out of 10
CON shampoo (red and white bottle): 8 out of 10

I may switch to AO and Giovanni products only...they rock and good thing is all natural. :)

Two out of three I've had great results with: the Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner and the Giovanni Direct Leave In.... Also, I use the CON shampoo (green Ultra Nourishing bottle)....

Miss: Jason Thin to Thick shampoo and conditioner. Just say no.:(

More Hits:
Aveda DR Conditioner as a leave-in. This is the be all end all for me.

Bantu Relaxer-This was actually good but it burned too bad, I am 50/50 about trying this again.

Rollersetting-Created nice bounce and body, I WILL be doing this instead of blowdrying.

Saran Wrap Method after rollersetting-The truth!

Dove replenishing Mist- Great for light moisturizing and keeping that body and bounce!

Misses:
WGO, I just can't get into it But I will be using this as a second base for
my scalp when relaxing.

Co-washing, BUT I will be trying adding the condish to dry hair then deepcing then rinshing!

Hit: Long Lovely locks Baby Buttercream. Nice light whipped cream and nice cake like smell (not overpowering though). Gives a good amount of moisture and definition to the ends of my twists.

MizaniMami said:
More Hits:
Aveda DR Conditioner as a leave-in. This is the be all end all for me.

Bantu Relaxer-This was actually good but it burned too bad, I am 50/50 about trying this again.

Rollersetting-Created nice bounce and body, I WILL be doing this instead of blowdrying.

Saran Wrap Method after rollersetting-The truth!

Dove replenishing Mist- Great for light moisturizing and keeping that body and bounce!

Misses:
WGO, I just can't get into it But I will be using this as a second base for
my scalp when relaxing.

Co-washing, BUT I will be trying adding the condish to dry hair then deepcing then rinshing!

MizaniMami, this method works so much better on my hair! When I would co-wash with my VO5 using it like shampoo, I would invariably get gunk on my scalp if I wasn't careful enough about rinsing. :perplexed

But I have a theory that conditioner absorbs better on dry hair, and so this is how I do my co-washes now: I saturate my hair with conditioner and oils, leave it on for a while either while under the dryer, a steaming hot towel, or just with a plastic cap and rinse and it works soooo much better this way. Good luck! ;)

Hits:
Silk Elements Megasilk Lye relaxer
Proclaim Neutralizing Shampoo
Wella Regeneral ph Normalizing lotion
glycerin

Revisited Hits:
Proclaim Glossing Polish
Rusk Smoother
VO5 Miracle Mist

Misses:
None that I can recall, unless they were so bad I've blocked them out. :look:

Hits: