June 2006 HITS/MISSES

MzPrince said:
Mizani,
I take Omega-3 w/ Flaxseed Oil( by Andrew Lessman) and it has peppermint and spearmint in it so that you can't taste the fishy taste. I buy it from HSN. If you don't want to purchase it maybe you should try putting a few drops of peppermint oil in what you already have to see if that works.

Thank you for those wonderful suggestions. I think I will take a look into the Andrew Lessman pills. No more flaxseed for me.

Sareca, those fishy burps ain't no punk lol!

I started to taste flaxseed oil every time I sipped out of my water bottle. The thought makes me nauseous.

Thats a shame MizaniMami, flaxseed definately does taste nasty, and can make u feel sick for the 1st few weeks...

but i'm scared 2 see my hair without it!!!!!

HITS!

KERACARE ESSENTIAL OILS < massssssssssssssssssssssive hit! only 1 DROP and it transformed my blowdried hair into flat ironed hair without the flat iron!

KERACARE CREME HEADDRESS < is keeping my straightened hair very moisturized and shiney, only a lil bit needed!

LE KAIR - SELF HEATING HOT OIL < i used this back in the day and 4got how excellent it is!!!! this is definately a scalp stimulant, it makes the scalp reaaaaaaal warm, almost hot and makes the hair withstand heat 100% better and smells delish! its also a good elasticizer!

ORS MAYO < used instead of my affirm 5 in 1, my hair is much more moisturized this touchup!

MISSES!

NON!

Last edited:
Hits
KeraCare Humecto (tub)-slip city!
KeraCare silken seal- With a dime size amount, man! My hair was sooo soft!

Undecided
KeraCare oil moisturizer w/jojoba

Candy_C said:
Thats a shame MizaniMami, flaxseed definately does taste nasty, and can make u feel sick for the 1st few weeks...

HITS!

KERACARE ESSENTIAL OILS < massssssssssssssssssssssive hit! only 1 DROP and it transformed my blowdried hair into flat ironed hair without the flat iron!

KERACARE CREME HEADDRESS < is keeping my straightened hair very moisturized and shiney, only a lil bit needed!

LE KAIR - SELF HEATING HOT OIL < i used this back in the day and 4got how excellent it is!!!! this is definately a scalp stimulant, it makes the scalp reaaaaaaal warm, almost hot and makes the hair withstand heat 100% better and smells delish! its also a good elasticizer!

ORS MAYO < used instead of my affirm 5 in 1, my hair is much more moisturized this touchup!

MISSES!

NON!

So it made you feel see too? How did you ride it out?

I can take aches and paines but being nauseous?? That's a done deal!

MizaniMami said:
So it made you feel see too? How did you ride it out?
I can take aches and paines but being nauseous?? That's a done deal!

i make sure i have eaten at least an hr b4 i take it, then i drink a glass of water straight after taking it, and after that glass of water i eat some "Digestive" biscuits. lol, well the biscuits are my bedtime ritual since bein a kid, but they really help 'digest' food and vits

Candy_C said:
i make sure i have eaten at least an hr b4 i take it, then i drink a glass of water straight after taking it, and after that glass of water i eat some "Digestive" biscuits. lol, well the biscuits are my bedtime ritual since bein a kid, but they really help 'digest' food and vits

Aww shuckie duckie! I can't eat anything a few hours before I go to bed, or anything white (starchy refined carbs) or creamy-diet, I HATE IT :mad: .

I think I am going to get the Omega pills and take them with breakfast!

Candy_C said:
HITS!

OMG. This is serious. I need to try this (one of these days).

Hits
Nutrine Garlic poo-love it-stopped shedding
Nutrine Garlic Conditioner
J/A/S/O/N Jojoba Oil
Continued Hit Dudleys DRC 28

MISSES
None

miracle said:
Hits:
Razac Perfect For Perms Fait de Cheveux Conditioner
New Era Platinum Shea Butter Creme

Misses:
New Era Platinum Shea Butter Hair Moisturizer
Elasta QP Bodifying Shampoo--Stripped my hair terribly :sad:

Adding Hits:
Razac Superior Cleansing Shampoo
Razac Wrap Master Wrap/Setting Lotion
Rysell Tropical Coconut Hair Treatment

Last edited:
Candy_C said:

HITS!

MISSES!

NON!

Anybody find LE KAIR - SELF HEATING HOT OIL in the US? I tried looking online and came up with nothing?

MV

I haven't tried anything new, I will report back with info from Aveda DR line and Henna...

Hit:

Chi Spring Curling Iron (Thanks Tuesday Morning!) -- it's good to find an iron that doesn't snag your hair!

MissVee said:
Anybody find LE KAIR - SELF HEATING HOT OIL in the US? I tried looking online and came up with nothing?

MV

I haven't tried anything new, I will report back with info from Aveda DR line and Henna...

The only place I found it was on havanabeautysupply.com.

Hits: Caruso rollers, Motions CPR leave in, Suave Milk & Honey for cw'ing

Misses: Queen Helene garlic shampoo

Undecided: Chi curling iron (haven't used it yet) and Fantasia IC polisher (only used it once)

Hits: Qp intense conditioner ( for deep conditioning)
Previous miss now a hit Giovanni's direct leave-in (wow)
Elucence MB as a leave in
Rusk smother leave-in only if I don't use Giovanni's Direct
Scrunchies are heaven sent my hair ends are no longer splitting
Shea Butter Oil as sealant

Misses: Qp creme conditioning shampoo ( my hair did not care for it)
Biotin to many pimples to count!!!

To try List: Giovanni 50-50 shampoo and conditioner ( trying to find
something to alternate with NTM line that contains some protein)
The hunt is on!!!

Hits: :yay:
Herbal Essence Moisturizing Conditioner
Herbal Essence None of Your Frizziness
Beyond the Zone Noodle Head (bought in April)
Fantasia IC sprinklettes Hair Polishing Gel(revisted)
ETA: Organics Hair Mayonaise

Misses::mad:
Fantasia Thick N Shine (yuck.. made my hair flake the second it touch it)
John Frieda Dream Curls(Didn't do a thing for curls)
Black & Sassy Shine Creme(didn't do anything for my hair)

On the fence::confused:
Sheamoisture Leave-in conditioner(It's too thick)
Wild Growth Oil(WGO)(I'm not sure about this, it's too thick when I put it on and don't do a thing for my hair. I will keep trying)
ETA: Kids Organics Sheabutter Hair Lotion(I will have to revisit, but not giving up on it)

Last edited:
Hits: Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner for dry damage hair

Miss: but giving it another try, ORS Fertilizing Temple Balm. I'm noticing redness around the temples :confused:

Fastasia's Olive Oil Serum-Hit! The ONLY serum that I truly love, provides moisture and makes detangling a dream!

Co Bigelow Protein Shampoo-Hit! Got it from Bath and Bodyworks and I'm loving it.

sareca said:
Flaxseed oil is nasty. When I finished the bottle, I switched to Fish oil capsules (the kind that don't cause fish burbs). But I'll probably be going back to flaxseed oil 'cause it did wonders for my menstral cycle.
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :fishslap:

Last edited:
Hits:

Conair 1" curling iron with "satin touch"--this is one of the best cheapie curling irons I've used in a long time. It has 30 different temperature settings and no snags. Works great at a medium heat setting.

Amlika leave in from the body shop

On the fence:
Jason biotin shampoo and conditioner--I didn't like it at first but it's growing on me. It's just okay.

Last edited:
Hit: EVOO. A few very small drops on damp hair provide strength and moisture. I use it for oiling my hair every 4 days or so.

Hits:
Vitale Olive Oil Breeze shampoo
Vitale Olive Oil 4 in 1 Growth Serum
Vitale Tangle Phree Moisturizing Shampoo
Vitale Olive Oil Virgin Hair Oil
Vitale Mo Body Essential Hair Oil
Razac Perfect for Perms Leave in Conditioner (Don't know why I slept on this)
Affirm Gentle Assuarance Scalp Protector
Fantasia Olive Oil Serum
Emu Oil (the solid one in the big container)

Misses: None

Revisited: Affirm 5 in One Reconstructor

As you can see, my PJism was in full force this month but it was because 2 new BSS opened in town and they have Mizani, Dudley's, Affirm, Keracare, and just about all new hair products just coming out (Empress ReGrow, etc.)

Last edited:
Hits

L'Occitane Ultra Rich Hair Mask w/shea butter - Super Moisturizing to the max !

CIBU HI-YA ! Conditioner - Works great as a deep conditioner ! Will be purchasing the liter size this week-end !

MizaniMami said:
My bad girl! I was talking about the Dove mist.

I don't even know why I purchased it, but since I have it I use it as a leave in on wet hair. I was using and loving my NTM Silk Touch leave-in, but I lost it and the closest thing to me while I was doing my hair was the Dove Mist. So far so good. I have been using it for the past 3 weeks with good results. I think that if I put it on my hair after I flat ironed it I would have a hair full of frizz. How has it been working out for you?

BabyImaStarr said:
I don't even know why I purchased it, but since I have it I use it as a leave in on wet hair. I was using and loving my NTM Silk Touch leave-in, but I lost it and the closest thing to me while I was doing my hair was the Dove Mist. So far so good. I have been using it for the past 3 weeks with good results. I think that if I put it on my hair after I flat ironed it I would have a hair full of frizz. How has it been working out for you?

I haven't tried it yet. I was waiting to try it on my straight hair. But I think I may take it back to the store.

Back