June 2006 HITS/MISSES

Faith

Yes, I know we're a bit early. Just keep adding on...lol. I had an early start.

Hits:
AO HoneySuckle Rose Conditioner: 10 out of 10
Giovanni Direct Leave in: 10 out of 10
CON shampoo (red and white bottle): 8 out of 10

I may switch to AO and Giovanni products only...they rock and good thing is all natural. :)

HITS:
Giovanni Direct Leave in
Phyto Ultra Nourishing oil treatment
Vidal Sassoon Steam Rollers - love, love, love.......

no misses, yet

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these threads. Anywho:

Hits:
Elucence MB conditioner
Kercare Humecto & Detangling Poo, really love these
Creme of Nature Shampoo-Detangling
Aveda Humectant Pomade

Unsure:
Elucence MB shampoo (will try again on Sunday)

Misses:
V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze conditioner for cowashing
Kemi Oyl Conditioning Spray
Flaxseed Oil-The taste makes me want to hurl and one morning I wokd up feeling nauseous. Finally after a week (and dreading when I had to take this) I quit:perplexed

Hit

ORS Carrot Oil - I was on the fence with this one, but it really came through for me this week

Sabino Moisture Block- The best serum for fighting humidity/frizz that I've ever tried and there have been many!

JLove74 said:
HITS: Phyto Ultra Nourishing oil treatment QUOTE]

That is the truth! That and phyto intensive mask for relaxed hair has my hair feeling like silk along with their jojoba shampoo

mochamadness said:
Hit

ORS Carrot Oil - I was on the fence with this one, but it really came through for me this week

Sabino Moisture Block- The best serum for fighting humidity/frizz that I've ever tried and there have been many!

I have this product and it does not seem to work for me. How are you using it?

Mizani,
I take Omega-3 w/ Flaxseed Oil( by Andrew Lessman) and it has peppermint oil and spearmint oil in it so that you can't taste the fishy taste. I buy it from HSN. If you don't want to purchase it maybe you should try putting a few drops of peppermint oil in what you already have to see if that works.

Last edited:
MzPrince said:
Mizani,
I take Omega-3 w/ Flaxseed Oil( by Andrew Lessman) and it has peppermint and spearmint in it so that you can't taste the fishy taste. I buy it from HSN. If you don't want to purchase it maybe you should try putting a few drops of peppermint oil in what you already have to see if that works.

Ummmm....Flaxseed has a fishy taste?

Hits:
Fantasia IC Thick and Shine Gel (Great for my 10 week post hair that looks like 20 week post hair! ;))
Dr. Bronners Peppermint Castile Soap (removes buildup without stripping)

Misses:
None so far :)

Hits:

Redken Cleansing Cream Shampoo - Great clarifying shampoo
Aveda Damage Remedy Reconstructor - Absolutely Love it!! Will be used after my relaxer.
KeraCare - Detangling Shampoo & Humecto - Like both but I am battling between whether to make this a staple or my Carol's Daughter products that I like too.
Redken Heat Glide - This stuff makes my hair soooo soft!!!

Misses:

Redken Smooth Butter and Shampoo - My hair had knots in it.

Hits:

Keracare Humecto (Tub)
Keracare Hydrating Poo
Keracare Essential Oils

Miss:

White Rain Coconut Conditioner

nikki1971 said:
I have this product and it does not seem to work for me. How are you using it?

I think the key to fighting the frizz is to use the moisture block on clean damp hair. I find that if I use it right before I rollerset my hair, it will NOT frizz up and the style last for days. If I use it on dry hair that has been washed more than 3 days ago, it's not as effective. Don't give up on it!!! Try experimenting w/ this on wet hair right before you style.

mochamadness said:
I think the key to fighting the frizz is to use the moisture block on clean damp hair. I find that if I use it right before I rollerset my hair, it will NOT frizz up and the style last for days. If I use it on dry hair that has been washed more than 3 days ago, it's not as effective. Don't give up on it!!! Try experimenting w/ this on wet hair right before you style.

Thank you. I will keep experimenting. I think the key for me in the summer is to wash every 4 days anyway.

Hit:
Essations Moisture Sheen Conditioner (big hit)

Revisited Hit:
Keracare Silken Seal...this may be it for me. I'm going to try one more serum and that's it.

Jury Still Out:
Rusk Str8 Anti Frizz/Anti Curl lotion

It's been a while since I had anything to say in the hit/miss threads, but I'm happy to report:

BIG HIT: All things Druide!
Vitality Shampoo
Nourishing Conditioner
Leave-in Conditioner
Dandrex Hair Tonic

Hits...
-Tourmaline Flat Iron

Misses...
-Indian trade hair

Maybes...(still on trial)
-Silk elements glossing polish
-Strong n Healthy Anti-dryness root remedy

bimbabe said:
JLove74 said:
HITS: Phyto Ultra Nourishing oil treatment QUOTE]

That is the truth! That and phyto intensive mask for relaxed hair has my hair feeling like silk along with their jojoba shampoo
I got 3 oz samples of that from PollyandCo, along with the Intensive Shampoo, and some oil. I can't wait to use them.

Hits: Coconut oil. Cheap and works better than EVOO. I'm on a personal challenge to eat it and use it on my length.

Silk Elements relaxer - Great price $3.49 and leaves hair smooth and swinging:)

tenderheaded said:
Hits: Coconut oil. Cheap and works better than EVOO. I'm on a personal challenge to eat it and use it on my length.

Silk Elements relaxer - Great price $3.49 and leaves hair smooth and swinging:)
I love coconut oil. How do you eat it? Take a couple of spoonfulls a day? Or do your cook with it? Give me the scoop! TIA!

MizaniMami said:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE these threads. Anywho:

Hits:
Elucence MB conditioner
Kercare Humecto & Detangling Poo, really love these
Creme of Nature Shampoo-Detangling
Aveda Humectant Pomade

Unsure:
Elucence MB shampoo (will try again on Sunday)

Misses:
V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze conditioner for cowashing
Kemi Oyl Conditioning Spray
Flaxseed Oil-The taste makes me want to hurl and one morning I wokd up feeling nauseous. Finally after a week (and dreading when I had to take this) I quit:perplexed

Flaxseed oil is nasty. When I finished the bottle, I switched to Fish oil capsules (the kind that don't cause fish burbs). But I'll probably be going back to flaxseed oil 'cause it did wonders for my menstral cycle.

HITS:

Blended Beauty (The WHOLE product line is wonderful!!)

Blended Cutie Satin Styles Detangler, Soft Curls and Swirls, Butter Me Up!

Curls Coconut Sublime Conditioner

Long Lovely Locks Curls Delight

Lenzi's Request (has been a hit for me for several months)

Misses:

None

Last edited:
HITS: Ojon Revitalizing Mist, Mizani Moisturfuse, ORS Replenishing pak

MISSES: Sabino's Moisture Block - I tried it 3 different times in different ways, it's a disaster on my hair. I'll stick to Redken Heat Glide when I want that 'ultra straight' look with Super Skinny Serum coming in second place.

Hits:
Razac Perfect For Perms Fait de Cheveux Conditioner
New Era Platinum Shea Butter Creme

Misses:
New Era Platinum Shea Butter Hair Moisturizer
Elasta QP Bodifying Shampoo--Stripped my hair terribly :sad:

BabyImaStarr said:
Hits:
  • Caruso Steam Rollers
  • Olive Oil
  • NTM DDC
  • Dove Replinishing Mist
Misses:
  • none yet

How are you using this? I bought this as a moisturizer for my straight flat ironed hair.

How does it do on your hair?

Back