Jheri Juice Retention

Back in the day, this was my juice of choice:

curl%20act%20moist%20big11.bmp

My hair really flourished back then. Too bad I was getting a trim every six to eight weeks - I coulda had waistlength hair!

I'll have to pick up a bottle of Carefree Curl Gold.

This is what I use on a daily (product posted in my album), and you can balance the oil with aloe gel or hair gel. Not much is needed, so your hair does not have to be greasy.
....and if by chance I am greasy....:lick: ....

Your hair is beautiful as well. Question, how often are you using the juice?

I bought the Care Free Curl Gold today. Washed with my WEN, then used it, and placed in bun. Just took down my bun to reposition, and apply more. This is not the greasy juice I thought. It has a gelish consistancy. With no after product feel on hands. I think this may become my staple with my castor oil mixture on scalp. Simple. 4 products in my regimen. I :love2: it.

i didnt like the care free gold. it was ok hella diluted but it left me with build up.

i however do like the care free in the yellow spray bottle. my hair seems to cooperate with it but it takes forever and a day to air dry DOWN so up i dont think it would ever dry lol

i havent used it though since i started using HE LTR leave in.

has anyone used this stuff along with a leave in like LTR or is everyone using it by its self.

Me too. Is the carefree gold the one w/protein or the yellow bottle?

All I know is my hair is dry like unlotioned hands..like hay..just drydrydry! I don't want to walk around with that juice smell, but if it can help me with retention and moisture, I don't care. Is it the same scent from back in the day?

Can a water and heavily based glycerin mix be the same stuff as The Juice (said in my mind like the movie announcer)for the most part?

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I'm sorry, but the way you explained it!!!

Last edited:
I have been using the Care Free Gold for awhile and just realized there are 2 different formulas. The formula I have I can't find the ingredients for it anywhere on the internet. Has anyone else noticed this? The ingredients in the one that I have seem better. I have not experienced any dryness at all. The one that I don't use has the urea and Stearalkonium Chloride in it.

i didnt like the care free gold. it was ok hella diluted but it left me with build up.

i however do like the care free in the yellow spray bottle. my hair seems to cooperate with it but it takes forever and a day to air dry DOWN so up i dont think it would ever dry lol

has anyone used this stuff along with a leave in like LTR or is everyone using it by its self.

No not yet, but I do like the idea of mixing it with HE LTR, especially because of the yummy raspberry smell. :lick: I'll pick up a bottle of CFG this weekend and try this combination.

I got the spray bottle since I am in braids. I hope this doesnt make a difference. Its still the carefree gold but its spray not gel

Is this the hair and scalp spray? I purchased a small bottle of this to spray my kinky twists with.

I have been using the Care Free Gold for awhile and just realized there are 2 different formulas. The formula I have I can't find the ingredients for it anywhere on the internet. Has anyone else noticed this? The ingredients in the one that I have seem better. I have not experienced any dryness at all. The one that I don't use has the urea and Stearalkonium Chloride in it.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I saw this when I went to the store yesterday!

Is this the hair and scalp spray? I purchased a small bottle of this to spray my kinky twists with.

i think its just for your hair... let me look at the bottle

*runs to bathroom*

the direction doesnt say nothing about scalp :nono:

-------------

BY THE WAY!!!!

i tried the activator with HE LTR. my hair is still drying but i seem to have some real nice curl definition. my hair is taking FOREVER to dry though

also, i think it may be too much product. see i like shrinkage because shrinkage=big hair. my curls seem to be more stretched than i like. though i would have liked this in high school when i wanted stretched curls and got a fro instead lmao

I purchased my Long Aid for extra dry hair when I left the board the other day. Here is my pic with it in my hair today:

DSC00143-1.jpg

This is the Long Aid activator gel in my hair. Its only been 2 days since I applied it after a fresh shampoo, I need to give it a few more days and it will look more hydrated.

Last edited:
Hmm...I can definitely see the truth in this. If you think about all the jheri curl heads back in the day, they all had some LONG hair.:blush: Kind of makes me wonder where the "black women can't grow long hair" thing started. :rolleyes:

I love the juice (S-curl) I've used it since my stretching and transitioning days so I've been using it for a longggg time *lol*, it's one of my main moisturizers. :up:

I just read a lot of the back posts, and I'm glad to see a solution to the stickyness. I stopped using it for that reason...my hair felt sticky and greasy, and turned into a lint magnet. Didn't even feel moisturized. I'll try the water mix.

Day 2 and I must admit my ends feel really good and like silk. This evening I had to have my hair blown out by my Dominican hair stylist...But MONDAY is S-CURL day again!

Shoot. I bought some CFC Gold. It was lotion. I co-washed, but there was already a bunch of crap in my hair. And then I added that stuff. Bleh. I had that
same gooey feeling on my hands and on my hair from way back when I had a CFC.

I shamppoed and washed it out. It might do better without the co-wash on top of all the other crap in my hair. Or maybe I should have found the spray and not the lotion?

Okay, I purchased the CFC Gold and I'm ready for the challenge. I'm also wigging it, so I'll apply nightly. Come on moisture!!

i think its just for your hair... let me look at the bottle

*runs to bathroom*

the direction doesnt say nothing about scalp :nono:

-------------

BY THE WAY!!!!

i tried the activator with HE LTR. my hair is still drying but i seem to have some real nice curl definition. my hair is taking FOREVER to dry though

also, i think it may be too much product. see i like shrinkage because shrinkage=big hair. my curls seem to be more stretched than i like. though i would have liked this in high school when i wanted stretched curls and got a fro instead lmao

so i was wrong... its not too heavy or too much product. once my hair FINALLY dried i just turned my head over, shook my hair out a bit and then flipped back and i was good to go!

here are the results. please excuse the dirty mirror... i'll be taking care of that tomorrow lol

cfc001.jpg

cfc002.jpg

again, these results are from cfc in the yellow spray bottle with HE LTR on top, sealed with evoo

Ah... you are not supposed to use the lotion straight? That might make a difference.

I couldn't tell you, I didn't even know there was a lotion, I believe most of us are using the spray or the gel. Hopefully some of the other ladies will chime in.

so i was wrong... its not too heavy or too much product. once my hair FINALLY dried i just turned my head over, shook my hair out a bit and then flipped back and i was good to go!

here are the results. please excuse the dirty mirror... i'll be taking care of that tomorrow lol

cfc001.jpg

cfc002.jpg

again, these results are from cfc in the yellow spray bottle with HE LTR on top, sealed with evoo

That is some gorgeous hair you have. I love it. :love: I am going to try this with my hair. :yep: Do you think the oil part is necessary? I'll try it and see. I will use something light. Thanks for posting.

I was looking at care free curl in BSS yesterday while picking up conditioner. If there is a challenge then I want in

Adora - Do you think I use while in cornrows with no extensions ad well. Like mix it in with my leave-in?

yessssssssssss:yep::yep:, girl i mix care free curl with anything. like i said "i live by the juice, i die by the juice :lachen:"

lol that should be the name of the challenge "live by the juice, die by the juice '010 challenge" BUM-BUM-BUUUUUUHHHHH-MMMMMMM

Back