Jheri Juice Retention

That is some gorgeous hair you have. I love it. :love: I am going to try this with my hair. :yep: Do you think the oil part is necessary? I'll try it and see. I will use something light. Thanks for posting.

umm, i dont know... my hair loves oil so i always make sure i slap some on there. i'm sure you can do it with out oil though. i dont see why not

and thank you very much :blush:

I lub me some jheri juice :yep:. Its been a staple since i started my journey. but lately its been kind of sticky on my hair I'll try diluting it and see how that goes

^^^Mz.MoMo your hair came out nice!

My jheri juice just arrived in the post!!!:yay: I bought the CFC Gold Instant Activator, CFC Lite Gel Activator and a HH afro puff pony. I will be baggying my ends with CFC with my phony pony on top. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I love "Live by the Juice, Die by the Juice '10 Challenge!!!":clapping: Come on ladies, let's start this challenge officially!:dance7:
I would volunteer to OP this Challenge but I honestly don't know enough about JJ to make up the rules or help advise as I am a JJ:newbie:.
LHCF's JJ Queens please come and OP this JJ challenge for us!:worship2:

I've fallen off the JJ bandwagon before it even got started. I tried the moisturizer I purchased and it made my hair sticky, so I'm tossing it and I'm going to hold off on the juice.

I just bought a ton of KeraCare products. Good luck, ladies! I'll be lurking.

My jheri juice just arrived in the post!!!:yay: I bought the CFC Gold Instant Activator, CFC Lite Gel Activator and a HH afro puff pony. I will be baggying my ends with CFC with my phony pony on top. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I love "Live by the Juice, Die by the Juice '10 Challenge!!!":clapping: Come on ladies, let's start this challenge officially!:dance7:
I would volunteer to OP this Challenge but I honestly don't know enough about JJ to make up the rules or help advise as I am a JJ:newbie:.
Me too. jozze....although I was the OP I want someone with more experience to OP the challenge and make up guidelines. Right now, pleading for a volunteer, tho I am hoping for the gracious Adora.:yep:

I've fallen off the JJ bandwagon before it even got started. I tried the moisturizer I purchased and it made my hair sticky, so I'm tossing it and I'm going to hold off on the juice.

I just bought a ton of KeraCare products. Good luck, ladies! I'll be lurking.
It is extremely difficult for me tolerate Glycerine

ladies be careful with this stuff

look up my thread what happened to my daughter

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=27183&highlight=

I 'm one of those people whose hair does not like glycerin. It's fine, soft and glycerin robs it of vital moisture each and every time. The honeyquat seems to be OK but it is watery. Hmm, I need to experiment more with this. Jar honey in a lotion might attract ants..and that would suck.

Me too. jozze....although I was the OP I want someone with more experience to OP the challenge and make up guidelines. Right now, pleading for a volunteer, tho I am hoping for the gracious Adora.:yep:
I was meaning Adora too but I didn't want to put anymore pressure on her. I also suggest asking Nonie. She's used S-curl for donkey's years so maybe we can get her to consider OP-ing the challenge as well and she's also very informative about hair.:grin:

It is extremely difficult for me tolerate Glycerine

ladies be careful with this stuff

look up my thread what happened to my daughter

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=27183&highlight=
Thanks so much for the Glycerine warning! You're one of my favourite hair idols :blush: so I'll def keep this in mind while trying out the jheri juice.:D
I think most of us I plan to dilute and/or mix the "juice" with oils etc.. I plan to wet bun everyday as well so I'm hoping this will combat any negative effects of glycerine over use.

I nominate ADORA she is the one that turned me to the juice (I use S-Curl though)

I sent a PM to Adora a few days ago asking if she would lead this challenge. Adora, hope you don't mind if I post your response:

Would you mind leading us in a Juice Challenge?

humm, i never did a challenge before.... dont really know how to start one......
If you don't want to or don't have the time, could you post the guidelines for us? Like how many times you suggest we use the juice, how many times we wash and DC, etc.

i use care free curl once or twice daily i dont have build up becuase co wash every 3 days.
Also, what DC do you use? And, do you use heat with the DC?

i DC with ors replenishing pak mixed with a little cholesterol or i may mix my ors with proteina de perla made by silicon mix good stuff. i DC on dry hair tho, for no less then 2 hours.

So, maybe if she isn't able to lead it, maybe Jozze or Nonie could based upon what Adora provided above, i.e. co washing every 3 days and using the juice twice daily . . .

I sent a PM to Adora a few days ago asking if she would lead this challenge. Adora, hope you don't mind if I post your response:

So, maybe if she isn't able to lead it, maybe Jozze or Nonie could based upon what Adora provided above, i.e. co washing every 3 days and using the juice twice daily . . .
Okay, I'll send Nonie a PM and see what she says.

Ok, I need more product like I need a whole in my head :perplexed .....

But I bought some CFG today and will try it out tonight :grin:

by the way... 2nd day hair looked just as good but my hair felt a tad dry.... apparently not noticeable to anyone else (i made other people feel my hair lol and now they officially think i'm crazy) but i noticed it. not sure how to remedy that one

OK I'm all over this challenge, I hope somebody decide to take the lead soon. I'm ready to be a juice head.:yep:

I wonder which one will be good for me? I'm thinking of doing a test...getting both products and using them on opposite sides of my head. >.>

by the way... 2nd day hair looked just as good but my hair felt a tad dry.... apparently not noticeable to anyone else (i made other people feel my hair lol and now they officially think i'm crazy) but i noticed it. not sure how to remedy that one

Mz.MoMo
I simply reverted to my routine from back in the day....SATURATE the hair..so I apply every day for about 3 days and baggy every night ( usually 3 nights) in a row. If you apply one day, the next day your hair may feel dry or sticky.

See i knew there was something to the juice! I used to use it when I first started combing my own hair. I think I will pick up a bottle today to use since I am wearing cornrows for a while.

Saw the challenge. I love S curl. It's a staple. CFCG not so much. I didn't like it. I was eyeing that WN though but unsure about it. I'll stick to Scurl never does me wrong.

Mz.MoMo
I simply reverted to my routine from back in the day....SATURATE the hair..so I apply every day for about 3 days and baggy every night ( usually 3 nights) in a row. If you apply one day, the next day your hair may feel dry or sticky.

that was exactly it. once i re-juiced my self and added a bit of oil on top, my hair softened right back up... so i now know i will need to juice on a regular lol

I picked up some Care Free Curl Gold Instant Activator...the glycerin & wheat amino acids should do wonders. I'm braided up in cornrows. The activator isnt sticky or greasy feeling. The smell isnt nauseating to me :pray:
We shall see how this works with my MT regimen to get the hair growing and retaining the length...thank goodness I've stopped the breakage so far. :drunk:

Back