jd_bdfly finally emerges with pics!

You are very pretty and you have beautiful hair! How long do you plan to transition before cutting off the relaxed ends?

Thanks everyone! Carlie, I'm not sure how long I will transition. As long as possible because I want to be able to have enough hair to pull back for work, which starts in a few weeks. I want to last at least a year, and I think I can make it, but I don't know how much longer beyond that. The two textures are really, really annoying, and wash day especially sucks. Detangling is a pain in the a$$ with the relaxed ends being so fragile. I have a good amount of breakage in the middle. Good thing I have enough hair to mask it for the time being.

Your hair looks great and you have gained a lot of length since last year. I love those braidouts, Keep up the good work!

Your hair is beautiful and very thick. Keep up the great work and good luck dealing with the different textures.

Very beautiful (both you & your hair)! Best of luck to you on your transitioning journey!

Thanks for emerging JD, your hair is beautiful!!! Your transition styles look great! I'm now inspired to try a braidout for a few days. I forgot how wonderful they can look, they look great on you!

I love your hair. It's so pretty. I love the dry braid out. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Did you just braid your hair when it was dry?

You have some very beautiful thick hair! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/love.gifWow I love your hair! Its so thick. Your braidouts look really good !

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA /images/graemlins/up.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I love your hair. It's so pretty. I love the dry braid out. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Did you just braid your hair when it was dry?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure did. That was back when my hair was relaxed all the way through. I could never do that now - I HAVE to tame it while it's still wet. But then, I would just do two french braids on my straight hair, spritz with a bit of leave in spray and leave them in overnight. That way when I woke up I had loose waves. I liked that style a lot cause I though the totally straight hair look was a bit boring for me.

You and your hair are beautiful! I really like the shape of your hair. The curls/waves fall into place so nicely. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Do you mind if I ask how your hair is cut in the latest pics (blunt, layered, etc.)?

It's more or less layered. I haven't gotten a professional cut in about a year so it's not cut into a shape. I've been trimming myself occasionally, and my sister gave me a good trim in May. The ends look as thick as they do because I curled my braids with perm rods on the ends, and they drew up nicely. My ends aren't nearly as thick as my roots, but the curls and waves from the braidouts make it work nicely.

Back