• Yes and I love it

Votes: 115 47.5%
  • I tried it but didn't like it

Votes: 29 12.0%
  • No, but I'd like to try it or I've heard good things about the line

Votes: 98 40.5%

• Total voters
I love the Revitalizing Leave-In. It keeps my hair moisturized and happy!:yep:

I also use the Wrap and Roll. I love it because there isn't any alcohol in it so it doesn't leave my hair dry and crunchy after drying.

I love the Revitalizing Leave-In too! The CD Black Vanilla Leave-In is my staple but they don't have the new formula in Macy's yet, so I picked up the last two bottles of the JC Leave-In from the Vitamin Shoppe.

After I undid my plaits and detangled my hair, I parted my hair into eight sections. I sprayed the leave-in on the first four sections. Then I mixed the leave-in with castor oil & sprayed that mixture on the last four sections. Then I put each section in a bun and went to sleep.

I took the sections down the next day. All of my hair was soft, but I like the sections with the leave-in by itself better than the sections with the castor oil. This leave-in detangles like a dream. To really test it out, I combed my hair from root to ends & there were virtually no tangles.

I've found my new leave-in!

i co washed with the deep conditioner today and my hair feels so amazingly soft and lush. my curls arent defined because my hair dried into a nice poofy soft puff.

I've been cowashing using a leave in conditioner and then sealing with the nourish and shine. This keeps my hair moisturized for a few days.

I bought this bottle on the LHCF swap board
16919212.jpg

And this spray gel did absolutely nothing for my hair. I never tried any of her products ever again after that, but yesterday at Whole Foods I saw a few other of her products and I might try the Nourish and Shine.

I just bought the revitalizing leave-in Tuesday and used it Tuesday night and last night as my moisturizing leave-in and my hair retained moisture all day yesterday and elasticity. Usually by mid-afternoon, it is all dried out just waiting patiently for me to get home and co-wash. This is a keeper. My hair hated the nourish and shine and the smell was too cloying and I am not at all sensitive to smells.

Last edited:
I went to a Whole Foods a few weeks ago & I noticed that the JC Hair Nourishing Cream and the JC Twist and Lock have the same ingredients. The only difference is that, on the Hair Nourishing Cream, geranium is listed twice (I've always thought that was a typo, anyway). All of the other ingredients are exactly the same.

I just wanted to make it known for those who like or use either of those products.

I just got the leave in and im going to try it tonight and report back. I may purchase the cream in the future.

I have used this and my hair is not all the way dry but so far im really feelin it. It reminds me of pantene detangling leave in spray, but without the cones. Its smell really good and softens the hair. It maybe a keeper but the true test is how my hair feels in the morning. The smell is a little strong in the bottle but it fades once sprayed out. I used this all over my hair and barely made a dent in it.

I have used this and my hair is not all the way dry but so far im really feelin it. It reminds me of pantene detangling leave in spray, but without the cones. Its smell really good and softens the hair. It maybe a keeper but the true test is how my hair feels in the morning. The smell is a little strong in the bottle but it fades once sprayed out. I used this all over my hair and barely made a dent in it.

This stuff is a keeper, My hair is still moist from yesterday. I never had a spray leave in to feel this nice without cones.

I bought the Nourish & Shine and Nourishing Cream this weekend. I used both this morning, the Cream on bottom and Shine to seal. So far so good.

I was using ORS Olive Oil before and it made my hair feel too oily, plus it never penetrated to the bottom of my hair, not good. The Nourish & Shine doesn't feel oily at all when I touch my hair. Hopefully I've found my 2 staple products.

This weekend, I used the Jane Carter Solution Condition & Sculpt for my twist-out. I added the solution to my mixture of coconut & castor oils, and honey. I think I added too much of the Condition & Sculpt b/c my hands were really sticky. Also, my ends were sticking to the end papers.

I'm going to add water to the mixture & see how it comes out next time. I'm also going to use less of the Condition & Sculpt.

On another note, I love the way my hair turned out. The Condition & Sculpt really does provide extra hold, even for second-day hair.

maybe I posted to this thread already, dunno (is there a way to tell that on this board?)

anyway, I use the leave-in on wash days and also as a once daily (at the most) moisturizer in the morning. I follow it with a pea size amount of Nourish and Shine, and another at night.
I love both products, especially the leave-in as a moisturizer

Does anyone use the Nourish and Shine and JBCO? I take it I would need to pick one or the other?

I've gone into Whole Foods (twice) and used the tester of Nourish and Shine, and put it all up in my hair. :look: I know people may have been looking at me kind of crazy. But, I loved the way it felt and glided on. Smelled great. Seems like something I want to purchase, but I just bought the JBCO, and I'm thinking that they may be used for the same purpose.

Also, I know this has been addressed, but I'm not clear. Is the Nourish & Shine a moisturizer or a sealant?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Does anyone use the Nourish and Shine and JBCO? I take it I would need to pick one or the other?

I've gone into Whole Foods (twice) and used the tester of Nourish and Shine, and put it all up in my hair. :look: I know people may have been looking at me kind of crazy. But, I loved the way it felt and glided on. Smelled great. Seems like something I want to purchase, but I just bought the JBCO, and I'm thinking that they may be used for the same purpose.

Also, I know this has been addressed, but I'm not clear. Is the Nourish & Shine a moisturizer or a sealant?

Thanks.

I guess it would be considered an oil-based moisturizer??? Many ladies use it as a moisturizer.

Thanks.

To the bolded: I think it depends.

On my relaxed hair, I use it as a moisturizer. On my dd's natural hair, I use it as both: After washing her hair, I use it as sealant. When braiding her hair I use it as a moisturizer. I love it's versatility; and both ways are extremely moisturizing! :grin:

When I had it, I would use it on my hair (dry) to get it more softness and manageability.

I also used it to seal my wet hair (before I fell in love with EVCO) - since its pretty much a mixture of natural butters and oils.

Nourish and Shine is also great for dry areas of the skin....

It DID last me for quite a bit, but i'm still undecided as to whether I'd buy again (the price is steep).

overall its a great product though - can't comment on the rest of the line though since I haven't tried any other JC products.

I tried the nourishing cream today... Yummy....
We will see how it turns out tomorrow. I used 3 oz.....:look:

That is a definate minus.

I tried the nourishing cream today... Yummy....
We will see how it turns out tomorrow. I used 3 oz.....:look:

That is a definate minus.

I find that I have to use a lot of this for my hair as well. This product is good, but I think that this costs too much for the amount of product that I have to use on my hair. I'll see what happens, but I am still on a search for another moisturizer. *kicking rocks*

I also still have and love the Nourish & Shine, but I definitely can't use that as a daily moisturizer. I think I need a creamy water based or a spray moisturizer. :scratchch

I was just gifted some Nourish & Shine today. I can't believe how much it costs for that little bit of product. It smells yummy though.

We'll see how much I have to use and if it works well.

I posted in this thread before, but I have to come back to say I've used 4 products from this line and I love them - I've used over 7-8 jars of the Nourish & Shine since I've been a member of LHCF.

I use it on my body as well. :lick: Great stuff.

I posted in this thread before, but I have to come back to say I've used 4 products from this line and I love them - I've used over 7-8 jars of the Nourish & Shine since I've been a member of LHCF.

I use it on my body as well. :lick: Great stuff.

I just used some on my hands and it's great!

I used the Nourish and Shine and liked it a lot -- until I tried Qhemet. I'm glad to hear the N&S can be used on my body, because I won't be using it on my hair anymore :lachen:

Back