Do you use Jane Carter?

• Yes and I love it

Votes: 115 47.5%
  • I tried it but didn't like it

Votes: 29 12.0%
  • No, but I'd like to try it or I've heard good things about the line

Votes: 98 40.5%

• Total voters
I find that I have to use a lot of this for my hair as well. This product is good, but I think that this costs too much for the amount of product that I have to use on my hair. I'll see what happens, but I am still on a search for another moisturizer. *kicking rocks*

I also still have and love the Nourish & Shine, but I definitely can't use that as a daily moisturizer. I think I need a creamy water based or a spray moisturizer. :scratchch

Try using Nourish & Shine with a water based spray!!!! If you apply the spray to hair that already has jc n&s on it you won't have to worry about reversion or puffiness.

I change up what I use for my daily moisturizers every now and again. However, JC nourish and shine has been in rotation for a few year now. How to get the best benefits out of the product I find it necessary to use it after your hair has been washed and dried. I massage it into my scalp and ng after every rollerset. About day 2 or 3 to kick up the moisture I spray my hair with Ojon Revitalizing Mist and then apply jc n&s. I continue this rountine until my next weekly wash day. BTW: I always seal my ends with castor oil. This product combination keeps my hair nicely moisturized and tangle free.

Try using Nourish & Shine with a water based spray!!!! If you apply the spray to hair that already has jc n&s on it you won't have to worry about reversion or puffiness.

I change up what I use for my daily moisturizers every now and again. However, JC nourish and shine has been in rotation for a few year now. How to get the best benefits out of the product I find it necessary to use it after your hair has been washed and dried. I massage it into my scalp and ng after every rollerset. About day 2 or 3 to kick up the moisture I spray my hair with Ojon Revitalizing Mist and then apply jc n&s. I continue this rountine until my next weekly wash day. BTW: I always seal my ends with castor oil. This product combination keeps my hair nicely moisturized and tangle free.

Thanks for this advice. I will try this to see if it works out for me. I do think I need a spray moisturizer. :yep: I was using a braids spray last week, but it got too sticky for me. :nono:

I was just gifted some Nourish & Shine today. I can't believe how much it costs for that little bit of product. It smells yummy though.

We'll see how much I have to use and if it works well.

I love love love the way it smells. And it makes my hair sooooo soft. I had an amazing braidout with it.

I'm going to see how long this jar lasts me though. I hope I don't go through it too quickly.

I use the shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner and N&S. My hair absolutely loves JC products. After shampooing and conditioning my hair, I spray the leave-in conditioner on. I then seal with the N&S and my hair stays moisturized for days. Lately, I've been wearing my hair in box braids and take them out once a week to refresh them. I usually co-wash and then repeat the above steps. Like everyone else has said, a little goes a long way.

Okay.....I decided on SheScentIt Butters & Qhemet Biologics this time, instead of the JC N&S. I still want it tho':perplexed

So I know at some point, more thank likely, I will break down & get it.:look:

I wish it was on Sale.:rolleyes:

NS feels great on my scalp. I love castor oil as well.

Are you ladies using NS (the cream in the jar) in your ends as a daily moisturizer? If so, do you seal it with an oil? Haven't tried this as of yet.

Love JCS!! I use the Revitalizing Leave-in, Wrap and Roll, Hair Nourishing Cream, and Nourish and Shine. They leave my hair so soft!

Okay.....I decided on SheScentIt Butters & Qhemet Biologics this time, instead of the JC N&S. I still want it tho':perplexed

So I know at some point, more thank likely, I will break down & get it.:look:

I wish it was on Sale.:rolleyes:

UPDATE SINCE THIS POST: I Swapped a Product for the JC N&S with another Poster.

Glad I now have it in the Stash. I really like it.:lick:

Happy to have both the Qhemet and the JC. Different Products. Different Results.

I definitely have Equal uses for both.:yep:

NS feels great on my scalp. I love castor oil as well.

Are you ladies using NS (the cream in the jar) in your ends as a daily moisturizer? If so, do you seal it with an oil? Haven't tried this as of yet.

N&S is so rich, that I don't have to use it daily. Even so, I don't seal it with oil (for the most part; I use it on my dd's hair as a sealant after using a water-based product). It has a quite a few essential oils in it already; so sealing with oil would be too heavy on the hair. N&S is NOT a light moisturizer. :nono: It can weigh the hair down with too much product applied.

UPDATE SINCE THIS POST: I Swapped a Product for the JC N&S with another Poster.

Glad I now have it in the Stash. I really like it.:lick:

Happy to have both the Qhemet and the JC. Different Products. Different Results.

I definitely have Equal uses for both.:yep:

Great! Thanks for sharing your review. :yep:

i am IN LOVE with the twist and lock cream. it is amazing. my twists turn out so soft and shiny and it lasts for days. but it is pricey. i will continue to purchase it when i can though.

Ok ladies, I heard that there's a bootleg version of N&S going around. I assumed it was the one without the label on the bottom of the jar. But I found one with the label and that one also looked like what I presumed to be the bootleg one. But, they both seemed a bit different in texture from what I'm used to.

Would anyone know the real deal? If so, please share with us. :yep:

Ok ladies, I heard that there's a bootleg version of N&S going around. I assumed it was the one without the label on the bottom of the jar. But I found one with the label and that one also looked like what I presumed to be the bootleg one. But, they both seemed a bit different in texture from what I'm used to.

Would anyone know the real deal? If so, please share with us. :yep:

Wish I had an answer for ya, but maybe like a lot of companies, JC may have tweaked their formula to produce it more cheaply.

I used my JC Hair Nourishing Serum and Nourish & Shine on Saturday after my henna & indigo treatment. :love:

Now, I've had the HNS for about a year in my stash and wasn't really wowed with it before. I wonder if it's because I didn't use enough the last time or my hair is in much better condition now and products work better. Either way, I'm going to continue to use this combination just to see if I can recreate the shine. Pure "Hit" for me. :blush: :grin:

hair-nourish-serum_th.jpg
nourish-shine_th.jpg

Just put some Nourish & Shine in my hair because it was a little too dry. I should have done the combo with the serum - I forgot about it!:wallbash:

I thought about that, but brushed it off; I think that has to be it!! :yep: Darn it! :wallbash::lachen:

But you know, now that you mention it, I do notice the N&S isn't as grainy as it used to be and the scent is not as strong. I happen to ADORE the scent of N&S and this was a disappointment to me.

But you know, now that you mention it, I do notice the N&S isn't as grainy as it used to be and the scent is not as strong. I happen to ADORE the scent of N&S and this was a disappointment to me.

OMG, I thought about that the other day; I said, dang, this thing would have been grainy if it had melted like this last year (it melted because I had it on my dvd player).

Yes, you're right; the scent isn't as strong, and even the color is much lighter. Remember how rich the color was before? A beautiful silky deep yellow? Now it's just yellow. :perplexed Well, now I definitely won't feel bad about buying it for a much cheaper price; I guess I'm getting my money's worth now, and not a deal. :rolleyes:

I'm disappointed as well.

BUMP!

Anyone use her Hydrating Invigorating Shampoo?
I am going to try a Sulfate-free product and I was wondering about this one....

I got the softest most bouncy and sheen producing braid out a few days ago with the Nourish and Shine Cream. I've had it for about a year and originally, it didn't work for me. But I decided to give it a try again and wow! I guess it doesn't work as well on my loose hair or something. Either way, that was the absolute best braid out I had ever gotten. Now I wish I didn't waste half of it on my body when I decided that it didn't work for my hair earlier :-/

Not looking so good. I emailed the company on the 29th, received a response that it shipped out UPS on the 19th. I advised I hadn't received it and requested a tracking number. I received a response yesterday that I would get tracking information. Nothing as of yet.

Back