Do you use Jane Carter?

• Yes and I love it

Votes: 115 47.5%
  • I tried it but didn't like it

Votes: 29 12.0%
  • No, but I'd like to try it or I've heard good things about the line

Votes: 98 40.5%

• Total voters
i love the nourish and shine and the nourish and cream. i also love the leave in conditioner. my hair dresser sometimes uses the shampoo and conditioner. when she uses the conditioner i know she adds all types of oils and essential oils to it so i don't know if its good on its own.

she has a holding spray?

Yes, I love it. I use it for my dry rollersets with my flexi-rods. I admit though, I do smell a bit of alcohol (or something that smells like it) in it, but I only use it when my hair is moisturized anyway, so it doesn't matter.

nat-hold-spraygel.jpg

Ingredients: Purified Water, Anthemis Noblis Flower, Symphytum Officinal Leaf, Equisetum Arvense, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Urtica Dioica (nettle), Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Lawsonia Inermis (Henna),PVP/VA Copolymer, Essential oils Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol

Yes, I love it. I use it for my dry rollersets with my flexi-rods. I admit though, I do smell a bit of alcohol (or something that smells like it) in it, but I only use it when my hair is moisturized anyway, so it doesn't matter.

nat-hold-spraygel.jpg

Ingredients: Purified Water, Anthemis Noblis Flower, Symphytum Officinal Leaf, Equisetum Arvense, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Urtica Dioica (nettle), Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Lawsonia Inermis (Henna),PVP/VA Copolymer, Essential oils Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol

Can you use it on dry hair to hold a style or can you only use it on wet hair?

Can you use it on dry hair to hold a style or can you only use it on wet hair?

I've never used it on wet hair, but I assume that you could try it out. I've only used it on my dry hair in order to give hold to my curls.

I sprayed a section, spritzed it with the holding spray, put in the flexi-rod, left it for about 30 mins. and it came out like this:

IMG_5401.jpg

Hi all I'm a newbei!!!! Just became a subscriber today. YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooo excited. However, I thought giving up that 6.50 would be hard, but it wasn't. Anyway, I also use the Nourish and shine on my relaxed hair (hair type I believe is 4b), especially to smooth out my edges. A little really does go a long way. It makes my hair feel soft and gives my hair great shine.

Hi all I'm a newbei!!!! Just became a subscriber today. YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooo excited. However, I thought giving up that 6.50 would be hard, but it wasn't. Anyway, I also use the Nourish and shine on my relaxed hair (hair type I believe is 4b), especially to smooth out my edges. A little really does go a long way. It makes my hair feel soft and gives my hair great shine.

Welcome :)

Beautiful... I might try it after or before I pincurl my hair.

Thank you.

Can you please tell me how you pincurl your hair? I keep hearing about it on this site, I am trying to figure what ya'll are talking about. Pics would be helpful. TIA.

BTW, my curls lasted all night, and even until the next day. It provides a soft hold. :yep:

Claims to be natural so I googled just ONE of her ingrediants:
phenoxyethanol
Last week the FDA issued a consumer warning against a nipple cream called Mommy's Bliss. Personally, I thought the name alone was enough to merit banning it. Still, as my husband pointed out, the ingredients that the FDA doesn't like in Mommy's Bliss may turn up in other products as well and so this morning I dug out the FDA's press release. I could hardly believe my eyes. One of the offending ingredients is phenoxyethanol.
Regular visitors to Truth In Aging will know that phenoxyethanol is a very common cosmetic preservative. It seems to be in just about everything I review and I usually point out that it can be a potential irritant. In Europe, so me products go out of their way to say they don't contain in. This is what the FDA has to say about it:
"Phenoxyethanol is a preservative that is primarily used in cosmetics and medications. It also can depress the central nervous system and may cause vomiting and diarrhea".

For ladies who are natural and want to use natural ingrediants, we need to educate ourselves of what we are putting on our bodies and hair.

i just bought the nourish and shine today and i love it. it instantly gave me shine and made my hair feel good. i love the ingrediants and the smell. it smells like pears and thats one of my fave sents.

Vitaminshoppe has Jane Carter on 'sale' so I bought the JC Revitalizing leave in con....around $6.00 for an 8 ounce spray bottle. I already have ORS Carrot creme on my hair so it may be a synergistic response but my hair {1 twist braid} does feel soft, looks shiner than a comparison braid. Next shampoo should make it clearer to me when I use only the JC..claims to de-tangle also.

I only use one product, Nourish and Shine. I think the hair nourishing cream is overfragranced and overpriced, the moisturizer is okay. But the Nourish and Shine is fantabuolous.

I was in Whole Foods yesterday and looking around for a Tate's product and ended up getting Nourish & Shine FREE! What a blessing! I tried it this morning and I absolutely love it. Its now a staple!

i've been using Nourish and Shine now as a moisturizer for about 2 weeks, and i don't think it's what i'm looking for. it's very heavy on my hair. plus, i think it is more of a sealant, rather than a moisturizer. after my visit to my stylist this thurs, i'm thinking of getting the Nourishing Cream to moisturize my hair and then just using the Nourish and Shine to seal my ends.

I like the Nourish & Shine. I bought me a new jar the other day.

I've had the Hair Nourishing Cream, but it was a little too light, IMO.

I've tried the Condition & Sculpt, and while I like the effect of it, I don't like the crunch factor.

i just bought the nourish and shine today and i love it. it instantly gave me shine and made my hair feel good. i love the ingrediants and the smell. it smells like pears and thats one of my fave sents.

It smells like men's aftershave/cologne to me :ohwell:.

It's still a great product, though.

I just started using this. I finally purchased some last week. I think have FINALLY found my staple moisturiser. :yep: What are you ladies using to seal with? I usually seal with coconut oil but i'm wondering if something else would work better with N&S. TIA

I just started using this. I finally purchased some last week. I think have FINALLY found my staple moisturiser. :yep: What are you ladies using to seal with? I usually seal with coconut oil but i'm wondering if something else would work better with N&S. TIA

There is no need to seal with nourish and shine. Half the moisturizers we seal with we dont need to and thats whats causing build up. If the product has a lot of butters and oils in it, there is no need to seal. Jane Carter Nourish and Shine is sooooo good i only need to use it every 2 days or so.

There is no need to seal with nourish and shine. Half the moisturizers we seal with we dont need to and thats whats causing build up. If the product has a lot of butters and oils in it, there is no need to seal. Jane Carter Nourish and Shine is sooooo good i only need to use it every 2 days or so.

Whooohoooo.....my sentiments EXACTLY!!!!:yep:

i will try this tonight and see if my hair can go without getting sealed:drunk:. my hair loves some coconut oil and vatika frosting.

Whooohoooo.....my sentiments EXACTLY!!!!:yep:

Agreed! That's how often I use it too. It's so rich that you don't need to use it too often. That's the beauty of it. Oh, and the delicious smell helps too. :grin:

Love the nourish and shine for my hair and my dd's hair. Thanks Blessed_Angel for enlightening me on this wonderful product based your dd's hair care regimen. My dd and I call it "yummy" because of it wonderful fragrance.

i used it this weekend without sealing and my hair loved it. i love this much better than amla and olive heavy cream.

Love the nourish and shine for my hair and my dd's hair. Thanks Blessed_Angel for enlightening me on this wonderful product based your dd's hair care regimen. My dd and I call it "yummy" because of it wonderful fragrance.

Oh, you're welcome.

You know I am vex cause the little that I had left, I can't find. I don't know what my dd did with the jar. :wallbash::lachen:

Back