Do you use Jane Carter?

• Yes and I love it

Votes: 115 47.5%
  • I tried it but didn't like it

Votes: 29 12.0%
  • No, but I'd like to try it or I've heard good things about the line

Votes: 98 40.5%

• Total voters
I tried the hair nourishing serum back in 2003. It was OK. I didn't really know what it was supposed to do. My then-hairdresser told me that it would make my hair "grow long" :rolleyes:. I was pouring that stuff on my head er'day. :look: :lachen:
The price tag and results, or lack thereof, kept me from buying it again.

I would like to try the Nourish & Shine though.

I tried the hair nourishing serum back in 2003. It was OK. I didn't really know what it was supposed to do. My then-hairdresser told me that it would make my hair "grow long" :rolleyes:. I was pouring that stuff on my head er'day. :look: :lachen:
The price tag and results, or lack thereof, kept me from buying it again.

I would like to try the Nourish & Shine though.

I tried the serum and was disappointed cause I wanted something really light for my hair, but it did nothing for me. I have yet to find a hair product line where I like ALL of their products.

I even tried the hair oil; that was another disappointment.:rolleyes:

I just received my order of the Nourish and Shine! It is great! IMO it has an energizing, citrus-y smell. I just can't get enough!!!!!

What a coincidence that this thread floated to the top right now: I'm doing my Jane Carter experiment today and just sat down under the dryer.

I puchased the sample kit about a month ago, so today I clarified and used the shampoo, the deep conditioner, the leave in and the wrap and roll - with just a dab of the hair serum after rolling. Hope it works well, or tomorrow I'll be shampooing again!

i've only used the nourish and shine and i love it. it makes my hair very silky soft. it's been one of my transformative discoveries. it doesn't have any water in it so i don't consider it a moisturizer. i use ntm silk-touch for that. a little does go a long way so i think it will be worth the price in the end. what a great find!

i've only used the nourish and shine and i love it. it makes my hair very silky soft. it's been one of my transformative discoveries. it doesn't have any water in it so i don't consider it a moisturizer. i use ntm silk-touch for that. a little does go a long way so i think it will be worth the price in the end. what a great find!

I agree. The Nourish and Shine serves me as an awesome sealer, after I've spritzed with my moisturizer. But the Hair Nouishing cream has the same ingredients as the nourish & shine BUT the first ingredient is WATER....making it the perfect moisturizer too.:yep:

Whooooo Hoooooo! Gotta give it up for Nourish and Shine.:grin::grin::grin:

It's the bomb dot com!:yep: lol...I've been a LHCF member for a few months now, but I was using this product even before I got here. Good to see so many love it too. It still is crazy to me how a bunch of butters mixed together feel like this...almost makes me think there's soma secret ingredient in it and Jane ain't tellin! I've been buying butters like a mad women since I've come to LHCF, but really none of them compare to this softening concoction...and the smell...whewww....I just hold the jar to my nose sometimes, when I'm not even using it..lol:lachen:

ok...so ill get the nourish cream...not the nourish and shine. My hair does better with a water based. Besides i already own qhemet so i dont think i need another sealer type of prod

I use the Jane Carter Solution Nourishing Hair Cream sealed with castor oil on my ends, and it's working well so far.

I just got the Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner in a product swap with another member at the Philly Meet-up. I like it so far to moisturize my braids under my sew-in. It has a very light, fresh scent :up:

I am so tempted to try this product, but the CD Black Vanilla Leave In is working wonderfully for me.

There's a spot by me that sells it for $15.99. I buy it there all the time. And I go this guy religiously, and he gives me deals on top of that. (Cause I buy all my hair products from him). Most of his stuff is cheaper than any other beauty supply store. I wish I knew his connection...lol.

The BSS that I go to sells the Nourishing Hair Cream for $14.99.

Hi all I'm a newbei!!!! Just became a subscriber today. YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooo excited. However, I thought giving up that 6.50 would be hard, but it wasn't. Anyway, I also use the Nourish and shine on my relaxed hair (hair type I believe is 4b), especially to smooth out my edges. A little really does go a long way. It makes my hair feel soft and gives my hair great shine.

Welcome aboard!!!:yep:

Had a stylist use the Nourish & Shine when he about to flat iron my hair. I liked the sheen it provided and smelled good.

I purchased the shampoo conditioner and foam wrap and was disappointed. The shampoo left my hair feeling kind of dry and the conditioner provided no slip.

Nourish & Shine is a keeper though!

Is that the big BSS with two floors? The top floor being for wigs and hair?

Either way, I'm gonna find it! :yep:

Thanks

No, you're thinking about the one that is about 2-3 blocks up Fulton Street (closer to Brooklyn Law School). The one that I'm talking about only has one level. It's on the same block as Jimmy Jazz.

Last edited:
No, you're thinking about the one that about 2-3 blocks up Fulton Street (closer to Brooklyn Law School). The one that I'm talking about only has one level. It's on the same block as Jimmy Jazz.

Ok, I haven't been down there in a while; and I don't go often, but I will look for it.

Thanks again.

I tried the moisturizing poo, and I'm not a fan. It leaves my hair feeling like I clarified. :nono:

Now, her Nourish and Shine, I will RAVE about. I moisturize my hair while soaking wet out of the shower and this is the first one I have tried that does not leave my hair hard when it airdries. I've tried about a dozen moisturizers, everything from Curls, to Qhemet to Hairveda and beyond, and the Nourish and Shine is my favorite so far. It may be my staple after searching for a great cream/butter type moisturizer for over a year now. I also have the Hair Nourishing Cream, which is a lighter version of the Nourish and Shine and is great as well.

Just came from the store and got the nourishing creme and the nourish and shine so hopefully it works out
Eta: I tried both--they are OK I might have to try it on wet hair to get the full effect...also I can see this getting expensive because the recommended amount is only good for 1/4 my hair...how do y'all stretch the product? What mixes well with it?

Last edited:
Yep! And I love it! I use the entire line. My current stylist turned me on to using the whole line. Previously I was using twist and look for my twist outs. LOVE the nourish and shine!

No, you're thinking about the one that is about 2-3 blocks up Fulton Street (closer to Brooklyn Law School). The one that I'm talking about only has one level. It's on the same block as Jimmy Jazz.

Hey, girl, I went down there on Friday and I didn't see a BSS on the same block Jimmy Jazz. I even went to the next block's bss, and they had it for $20.99 :nono:.

If you know the name of the store, could you tell me so that I could locate it's exact address. I really need to rack up!

Thanks

Hey, girl, I went down there on Friday and I didn't see a BSS on the same block Jimmy Jazz. I even went to the next block's bss, and they had it for $20.99 :nono:.

If you know the name of the store, could you tell me so that I could locate it's exact address. I really need to rack up!

Thanks

No, it's still there & they still have the JC Hair Nourishing Cream for $14.99 b/c I just bought some last Wednesday. It is on the same block as the Jimmy Jazz & Duane Reade. It's also directly across the street from Mr. Fulton. I just found my receipt. The name of the store is Hair Wig Beauty Supply. The address is 530 Fulton Street. The phone # is (718) 855-7110 if you want to ask them for more exact directions.
The surrounding stores would have it for $20.99. Even the BSS in my neighborhood sell it for that price. I refuse to pay that at the BSS though. If that's the case, I can cough up $2 extra & get it from Whole Foods, which is an authorized retailer of JC products.

No, it's still there & they still have the JC Hair Nourishing Cream for $14.99 b/c I just bought some last Wednesday. It is on the same block as the Jimmy Jazz & Duane Reade. It's also directly across the street from Mr. Fulton. I just found my receipt. The name of the store is Hair Wig Beauty Supply. The address is 530 Fulton Street. The phone # is (718) 855-7110 if you want to ask them for more exact directions.
The surrounding stores would have it for $20.99. Even the BSS in my neighborhood sell it for that price. I refuse to pay that at the BSS though. If that's the case, I can cough up $2 extra & get it from Whole Foods, which is an authorized retailer of JC products.

Girl, you are the best! :kiss:

Thank you.

Back