Its amazes me how some ppl have to work hard a things and to other ppl its easy..

ChocalateDiva

Its amazes me how some ppl have to work hard a things and to other ppl its easy..

I was just looking at my cousins gf's hair and that girl has mid back hair and/or bra strap hair (she trims frequently) with lil effort at all. She doesnt dc or moisturize much. She does braidouts because she likes the look but she doesnt really consider it a protective style. I have ask her for her regimen so many times that she is starting to think that I am weird!:ohwell:

She says that she just washes with Pantene every few weeks and greases her scalp once a week.

10630_1150588558720_1047806781_372429_388947_n.jpg

Here is her braidout.
n1047806781_52575_6237.jpg
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1204/122/109/1047806781/n1047806781_52575_6237.jpg

n1047806781_52574_3280.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm..she's low-mani?

I wouldnt really consider her low mani. She wears her hair out everyday and she wears braidouts for a week or two about every six weeks.

I have seen her comb her hair roughly......... and I just cringe. She has looked at me funny when I have cringed. She said one day "You must be tenderhead, cause you make a face every time that I comb my hair".....

It looks like she's taking care of her hair and has a low maintenance regimen. Her older daughters has nice long pretty hair.

Wow. That's how it is sometimes. You work so hard on your hair to get it where you'd like and some really lucky folks just got it like that-beautiful hair with little effort. Her hair is beautiful, btw.

She also looks relaxed. And I see no new growth so she obviously get's touchups. I think she's not telling you something. Although it looks like it's on medium to thin side her hair could very well be strong enough to withstand harsh treatment.

Well, she could be one of those fast growers who grows 1 inch a month. Imagine how long and healthy her hair would look if she actually took care of it.

It looks like she's taking care of her hair and has a low maintenance regimen. Her older daughters has nice long pretty hair.

Yes, I think that she does take care of it. It just seems that she does put as much time and effort into that many ppl do and it still just flourishes.

And I bet she gets touch-ups every 5 weeks and uses heat daily.

....yeah I'm hatin:sekret:

....gorgeous girl, gorgeous hair

She also looks relaxed. And I see no new growth so she obviously get's touchups. I think she's not telling you something. Although it looks like it's on medium to thin side her hair could very well be strong enough to withstand harsh treatment.

I feel as though she is telling me everything, and she lived with me for 6-8 weeks when she had a house fire and I keep a good eye on her and she wasnt doing anything special to her hair. :look:

Her hair strands are fine but the hair is thick. She had flat ironed it bone straight on the day of this picture so I guess that is why I might look thin.

She did tell me that her new growth doesnt get really "bad", so she only need a relaxed every 3 months or so.

And I bet she gets touch-ups every 5 weeks and uses heat daily.

....yeah I'm hatin:sekret:

LOL!! She does stretch relaxers but she does use heat several time a week.

So I guess she is takin good care of it her hair in a way. The stretching helps and I guess her hair can withstand the heat.

I have never seen any damage. I have noticed that she trims with every relaxer tho, but many ppl do.

I wouldnt really consider her low mani. She wears her hair out everyday and she wears braidouts for a week or two about every six weeks.

I have seen her comb her hair roughly......... and I just cringe. She has looked at me funny when I have cringed. She said one day "You must be tenderhead, cause you make a face every time that I comb my hair".....

Has she always had long hair?

I mean to be honest, there are some Black women that have naturally long hair. There are also some that can do anything to there hair and it still grows.

Just like there are so many of us that are struggling with our hair. It's just how it is. If majority of us were like here, then this forum wouldn't exist.

I feel as though she is telling me everything, and she lived with me for 6-8 weeks when she had a house fire and I keep a good eye on her and she wasnt doing anything special to her hair. :look:

Her hair strands are fine but the hair is thick. She had flat ironed it bone straight on the day of this picture so I guess that is why I might look thin.

She did tell me that her new growth doesnt get really "bad", so she only need a relaxed every 3 months or so.

What does she use on her hair when she flat irons?

I have a friend like that. She can cut her hair completely off. I'm talking BC and he hair will grow back stronger, longer and faster than mine. She has no regimen. I've known her for 26 years and she goes through so many phases. It just grows. I think it's just in her genes.The only grease that she lives by is Doo Gro. Grrrr my hair remains at a stand still. I've never done a BC so I am always amazed at how her hair surpasses mine.

It's funny b/c when she chops it off I say to myself ok here's my chance finally my hair is longer! Then I look up and she has a chin length bob, then she's shoulder length and here I am at my usually ole NL hair. But ummm I ain't hatin!! YES I AM!!

Has she always had long hair?

I mean to be honest, there are some Black women that have naturally long hair. There are also some that can do anything to there hair and it still grows.

Just like there are so many of us that are struggling with our hair. It's just how it is. If majority of us were like here, then this forum wouldn't exist.

I have only know her for 3-5 years, so I will have to find out if she has alway had long hair.

My hair used to be just like hers before I cut it. I was relaxed and I washed with Pantene ProV Relaxed and Natural about every 2 or 3 weeks, ironed it out with my Gold and Hot ceramics and wrapped it up every night. Thats's all I ever did. I always had bouncy, shiny health hair. I have only have difficult, hard to manage hair since I did my BC in August. Now, I don't know what to do. LOL!

ChocolateDiva I know EXACTLY what you mean, I have a cousin who has relaxed hair that she cuts back to a little past MBL every month or so, she does nothing to her hair besides wrap it at night with a COTTON scarf, she relies completely on the Dominicans for their famous rollerset and sit under the dryer under super high heat then blow out with the nozzle of the blow-dryer like 1 inch from your hair to the point that smoke is billowing out the place, her hair is very long past MBL effortlessly, healthy and always has blunt healthy ends. Some people just dont have to work for it AT ALL *shrugs*

One day I saw her with her hair all wrapped up and she tied her cotton bandana on her head and I looked at her and I was like "You know you're not supposed to.........awe neva mind":rolleyes:

Some people just have naturally very reslient hair that can thrive with little effort despite abuse. My sister has hair like that...box relaxer and color the same day and still go from shoulder to bsl the same year. Some people just have it.

I won't complain too much because my skin is like that :lol:

Some people just have naturally very reslient hair that can thrive with little effort despite abuse. My sister has hair like that...box relaxer and color the same day and still go from shoulder to bsl the same year. Some people just have it.

I won't complain too much because my skin is like that
:lol:

I know right. I have my brother,son and my cousin.My son is relaxed
bone straight.He likes that emo spiked hair look.It's the shiniest, thickest- think horse hair.
For me it's my nails. No tips.
I cut them and super long,strong in 5 weeks. I guess we all have a little something.

Wow, I love her braidout.
Agree with the others who say that some people just have some very resistant hair. I have people in my family like this though eventually for some they have damaged their hair and are now fixing it/

Back