Its amazes me how some ppl have to work hard a things and to other ppl its easy..

We all have different hair and a UNIQUE body chemistry.

Some people are lucky!

Similar to how some people just have clear, perfect skin, but don't do much. lol

ETA: Or people who eat whatever they want, but stay thin. That one gets me even more than the hair :lol:

Last edited:
Very nice hair. ANd Her DD too. What can ya do she's lucky but I love playing in my hair and all the things I do to take care of it.

I feel that way too at times. I just look and say I have to find out what works best for my hair and stick wit it.

BTW- I love her braid out. Very pretty.

She sounds like my BFF. She's always had mid back length hair, has since she was a kid. She recently cut it to APL because of the TX heat. She's relaxed, has highlights, never ties up her hair, ehe get's blowouts every couple of weeks as Super Cuts and that it. Her hair has amazed me since I met her 15 years ago.

I know right. I have my brother,son and my cousin.My son is relaxed
bone straight.He likes that emo spiked hair look.It's the shiniest, thickest- think horse hair.
For me it's my nails. No tips.
I cut them and super long,strong in 5 weeks. I guess we all have a little something.

I need your nails. Mine are brittle and weak :nono:

My boyfriends brother has that super thick and strong hair too.

I think the fact that she doesn't do much to her hair is probably the reason that it's thriving so much. Keep it simple right??

Did you ask who her stylist is? I have friends who have long hair and never really thought about it too much, but it seems their stylists are responsible for their hairs' length. My friend with WSL hair has gone to her stylist since she was a child (and she's in college now). I think it's much easily to retain growth when your stylist relaxes the hair properly.

We all have different hair and a UNIQUE body chemistry.

Some people are lucky!

Similar to how some people just have clear, perfect skin, but don't do much. lol

ETA: Or people who eat whatever they want, but stay thin. That one gets me even more than the hair :lol:

I was going to say the same thing.

I have a friend that's almost WL. Her hands are always in her hair. She's always messing in it and she uses heat frequently. I guess some people just got it like that:ohwell:

I wouldnt really consider her low mani. She wears her hair out everyday and she wears braidouts for a week or two about every six weeks.

I have seen her comb her hair roughly......... and I just cringe. She has looked at me funny when I have cringed. She said one day "You must be tenderhead, cause you make a face every time that I comb my hair".....

Well if I'm not mistaken, Sylver2 wears her hair down everyday (usually in braid outs) and she considers herself low-mani. The difference though is that she's very gentle with her hair, and she stretches for 6 months or more so that's where the similarities end. :perplexed

Her hair is very beautiful. She probably has a simple routine that works for her. I personally believe that all one has to do to achieve their goals is to make sure their hair is moisturized and that they aren't breaking it. She's probably doing healthy things for her hair subconsciously (like not heat-styling frequently, using wide-toothed combs, not excessively relaxing if she relaxes, etc...).

I dont consider her routine to be low mani. She does not wear the braidouts much, only about 1 week every 6 weeks or so. She uses heat and combs and brushes everyday. She only relaxes every 3 months tho. But it works for her.

My best friend back home is like that. She is a natural 4a/b and for as long as I've known her she has NEVER taken care of her hair. She uses heat a lot, if she isn't using heat she's using grease and gel to put her hair back into a bun or she'll wet it and put gel in it to wear a wash and go. She shampoos and quick conditions when she remembers which usually ends up being like every 2 weeks at the least...no deep conditioning, trimming ends, leave in conditioner, heat protectant, NOTHING...but she will still manage to grow her hair to her waist!

Looking at hers and her kids' hair, I'm inclined to think she's keeping her counsel and NOT telling you everything. Call me cynical, but her hair's in far too good a condition for just "wash n oil", esp being that she's relaxed.

Last edited:
aw. her hair is pretty and i like the babe's flat twists.
anyway, some folks just got it like that.
if i could trade my 'abuse my hair daily and still retain and have good growth' advantage for an 'eat chicken nuggets, fries, and pizza all day, erday' advantage, i totally would.

She sounds like my BFF. She's always had mid back length hair, has since she was a kid. She recently cut it to APL because of the TX heat. She's relaxed, has highlights, never ties up her hair, ehe get's blowouts every couple of weeks as Super Cuts and that it. Her hair has amazed me since I met her 15 years ago.

Here is a pic of my BFF I was talking about. This is the shortest her hair has been in the 15 years I have known her. The only rule she follows here is she doesn't use a lot of heat. She only gets it flat ironed when she goes to Super Cuts.
5776_113632574725_789309725_2083957_599783_n.jpg

Back