Its All About FISH!

I'm going to try to add one serving of fish to my diet per week...then i'll work my way up to every other day or something. I love fried whiting but I guess that's not the best option! HaHa

Ive been eating alot of salmon lately, I tried cooking it a new way about a month ago and discovered my favorite recipe.

I cant stop eating it like this. (and I know its good for my hair too)

All I do is take a salmon fillet, sprinkle some herbs on it (rosemary, mint, sage, thyme, chives, a tiny bit of salt) drizzle honey on it, and place two slices of lemon on top. Wrap it up in a foil package and bake it in the oven at 400 for about 10-15 min.

OMG its SOOOOOO GOOD like that.

Ive been eating alot of salmon lately, I tried cooking it a new way about a month ago and discovered my favorite recipe.

I cant stop eating it like this. (and I know its good for my hair too)

All I do is take a salmon fillet, sprinkle some herbs on it (rosemary, mint, sage, thyme, chives, a tiny bit of salt) drizzle honey on it, and place two slices of lemon on top. Wrap it up in a foil package and bake it in the oven at 400 for about 10-15 min.

OMG its SOOOOOO GOOD like that.

Salmon is one of the best foods i've ever had. smoked salmon mmmmm

on a serious note, watch out for that mercury thing and i wouldnt eat more than one serving a day to be honest...we dont wanna overdo this.

oooh Candy_C, I wanna join. I eats lots of tuna, egg whites and protein shakes because I work out. I eat tuna right out the can. Is 1 can/day sufficient enough for the challenge or do I need more :grin:?

Well yeah if you feel upto it!

eat fish - 3x a week at least
keep photos from beginning to the end

i'd say - 3 months as a general measurement of progress!

anybody feel free to join!

oooh Candy_C, I wanna join. I eats lots of tuna, egg whites and protein shakes because I work out. I eat tuna right out the can. Is 1 can/day sufficient enough for the challenge or do I need more :grin:?

Yeah, I was kinda wondering the same thing. What is actually enough? Are there some guidelines to this?

Yeah, I was kinda wondering the same thing. What is actually enough? Are there some guidelines to this?

hhmmmmmm

well i would say, 1 portion 3times a week.

1 portion depending on your appetite

like one large cod fish with (whatever your side dish is)

or, 1 can of mackerel with (toasted bread for instance)]

Fish is the ultimate brain food, and does wonders for the hair too. I love fish, my favorite is salmon. I read in a magazine that most supermodels take fish oil supplements for their hair (viviscal I believe is the name) and it really helps.

I love fish!!! Esp salmon.

I went to Kroger to see if they sold salmon fillets in a bag but they didn't. I purchased two bags of wild caught whiting instead. Is this a good fish to eat? Also where is a good place to purchase some bags of wild caught salmon?

i'm tuckin in to some cod fish and pasta for the 3rd night in a row

my skin is gettin a lil oilier

but i swear my ends are more oily too

i swear i feel like fish is hair food

my instinct tells me alot of ladfies stickin to this will see a noticebale difference in hair growth :grin: i hope so anyway

I made this recipe twice this week, with a couple substitutions: ketchup instead of tomato paste (didnt want to open a whole can just to use 2 tbsp) spinach and celery instead of basil and cucumber (because that's what is in my fridge :)) And I added hot sauce. Oh I also took all the skin and bones off of the mackerel. It was soooo yummy.

Tomato Mackerel Salad

I'm going to try some cod or canned salmon recipes next.

Lys

Hows the fishy diet goin ladies!!!!!!

Well, I am deployed right now, so I can't control my diet as much as I would like to. I bought some canned stuff so I will try to work that out when the DFAC is not serving fish. I hope it is still successful.:perplexed

Actually, I've been eating 2-4 tilapia fillets everday for the past four days because of this recipe I came up with on the spot that turned out so good that I've been craving it everyday. Hair growth was just an afterthought!!!

had to bump this challenge up, I need some super growth in 19 days (my next relaxer). Is it possible?

Last edited:
I will definitely incorporate some fish into my diets. I didn't use to like fish growing up but the other day I tried some baked tilapia and it was oh so good. I bought some tilapia fillets the other day and I think I will be eating more fish a couple of times per week and see how this affects my diet...hair growth too!

I just remember that I have like 10 cans of tuna at home I will start eating that while I am at school so I wont have to go out any buy anything from Mickey D'z or anything. And also I am goign to the store to shop I will buy some more cans and also some Talapia add some butter, lemon juice, and other stuff:lick: I alos wanna get them Omega369 pills, I heard it was good for the cells renewal or something.....

Back