Starflower oil/ Omega 3 hallenge

I'm in. I already take Puritan's Pride Omega 3-6-9 with Fish, Flax, and Borage oil. I think that I need to back up off of taking the additional vitamin e though.

Iluvsmuhgrass
Hey, I just saw your post. Sorry girl, the challenge is closed, we're trying it from Feb 14th to July 14th to see what changes occur, if any. Obviously, you can still do what we're doing- hopefully it works for you :)
ETA: Please watch the Vit E. I'm getting cautious of it myself.

Update: I'm really not sure what this stuff is doing for my hair, if anything, but at three months in, all I can see is my skin being smooth. Nails were still being jerks so I cut them off, but I'm gonna keep it till July and report if I see anything

I'm still taking these.

Err if I get my SO some will they cause a strange side effect? lol! I love what they do for skin but I have to ask first...

I'm still taking these.

Err if I get my SO some will they cause a strange side effect? lol! I love what they do for skin but I have to ask first...

borage oil is fine for men girlie:yep:, i'm not in this challenge but i take 2 tbsp of flax oil daily i like barleans. everyone needs efa's in their diet in some form. i plan on doing moringa extract and black seed extract next.

You could always look it up if you were unsure in any way, but I don't think there would be a problem for men either. My bottle does say "women's health" but its not like it says "keep out of reach of men" lol.

hehe!!

yeah he did the flax oil before. ive never tried evening primrose hmm...

OMFG....okay this was what was in the back of my head. SO has gout so that's what I was really asking...so why did I just google gout and borage oil and found that it's good for that!! It helps ward off inflammation. They said it's better than evening primrose for that.

Aww shucky ducky yall are the best! Wait till I tell him this.

hehe!!

yeah he did the flax oil before. ive never tried evening primrose hmm...

OMFG....okay this was what was in the back of my head. SO has gout so that's what I was really asking...so why did I just google gout and borage oil and found that it's good for that!! It helps ward off inflammation. They said it's better than evening primrose for that.

Aww shucky ducky yall are the best! Wait till I tell him this.

empressri cherries are also great for gout.....his eating habits must be atrocious stay on his arse:nono: vitamin shoppe is doing a sale on thier products buy one get one 1/2 off so pick him up some cherry juice concentrate. soory to derail this thread, feel free to pm me or leave stuff on my wall Ri:yep:

empressri cherries are also great for gout.....his eating habits must be atrocious stay on his arse:nono: vitamin shoppe is doing a sale on thier products buy one get one 1/2 off so pick him up some cherry juice concentrate. soory to derail this thread, feel free to pm me or leave stuff on my wall Ri:yep:

nah his eating habits are better than mine actually...well we've been both very good lately. (so far we've both lost weight hallelujah!)

but it's not so much diet...he can injure himself and get a flare up. he doesnt eat any organ meats or he dont drink, both of which causes will give him a flare up.

it's something as little as banging his foot or wrist the wrong way and then he starts feeling pins and needles which is the prelude to a flareup.

we keep cherry juice in the house lol he's had this for a long time but he knows how to manage it.

when we went to our vegan spot, bergen heights which they closed! the lovely, crunchy old man that managed the store turned us onto breakstone tea and curamin pills which work WONDERS for SO. now I can find the curamin pills but this damn breakstone tea apparently i can only find online, I can't find it in any shops that have bulk herbs.

I'm still taking these.

empressri Your SO can take it...My huppy takes EFA's from time to time..he says his skin isn't so dry when he takes t..

*For me/My skin still has a warm glow..Unless I eat something unhealthy...lol

Happy Hair Growing!

Still taking mine/With great results...When this bottle is finish..I will stop & start back in September..As it becomes warmer/My skin gets oily...

*This supplement is defiantly a keeper..Fall,Winter & Spring...FOR LIFE!

Happy Hair Growing!

Okay, so obviously I forgot about this challenge... especially during finals but I'm through with school and its time for updates! For me personally I didn't take the oils consistently for the whole six month period. I think I'd rather take it for my skin and general health in future, as I don't think it did much for my hair (from what I did take, I was only consistent for about 3 months). Anyone else?

I was consistent for about 3 weeks and fell off hard. I just bought a new bottle not too long ago.

I'll probably start again in a couple of days (August). Round 2 anyone?

I still take mine faithfully. Added evening primrose too but I alternate. I also got the borage and evening primrose for SO and that helps with inflammation should he get a gout flareup...which he hasn't!! These supplements really help.

Okay, so obviously I forgot about this challenge... especially during finals but I'm through with school and its time for updates! For me personally I didn't take the oils consistently for the whole six month period. I think I'd rather take it for my skin and general health in future, as I don't think it did much for my hair (from what I did take, I was only consistent for about 3 months). Anyone else?

How about another challenge?

Sure MeeCh, I need to get up on my supplements in general. Someone else better take this one, I'm too infrequent with the forum at times...

istill have a whole bottle of evening primrose left. all my flaxseed oil pills are gone.. cant say it made much of a difference in my hair honestly..

I did some online research because I am concerned with the boost of estrogen that some oils may cause. I'm VERY confused, but apparently evening primrose and borage are "estrogenic" and blackcurrant seed oil maybe isn't. Confused about flax as well as it seems to interfere with estrogen but I find this such a complicated subject.

By the way, I used to think blackcurrant seed oil was black seed oil but that is not the case.
Black seed oil = nigella sativa (antifungal, etc...)
Blaccurrant seed oil= ribes nigrum (rich in GLA)

I am not in this challenge but I tried a trustworthy brand of hemp seed oil for a month, 1 or 2 tbs a day in my salads, and it made a difference in my skin AND pms symptoms (I am usually very acne prone and I have bad PMS). It is also absolutely non comedogenic, as well as antibacterial and antiinflammatory, according to some online charts and according to my skin. It doesn't have as much GLA as the other oil supplements but for some reason it was enough for my skin.

Last edited:
Back