Starflower oil/ Omega 3 hallenge

Checking in!

My nails are growing so fast that it's actually become annoying! They're so white too, and the ridges are going.
My skin is glowing, I just had a menses breakout but the pimples are tiny like point of a needle, getting rid of them is simple as a acv-oat mask. Scarring is also fading, but I have been massaging with CO.
Hair...not saying much. But it's early days. When the EPO and flax oils are finished I may switch to hemp seed oil, less faffing about with capsules. And the ratio of omega 3 - 6 is supposed to be ideal in hempseed.

Overall, I'm a happy camper.

ADB and Lita, How much EPO were you taking for your boobs to grow? I could really use that side effect. I only take two capsules daily.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Long Hair Care Forum App

ADB and Lita, How much EPO were you taking for your boobs to grow? I could really use that side effect. I only take two capsules daily.

MrsPeaceLily I no longer take Evening Primrose Oil..I was taking it for reproductive health/when that started to happen (bigger boobs) I discontinued..

I was taking 2000 mg..1000 in the day/1000 at night.....

*I currently take borage & black current oil..No longer have that problem..Just glowing skin!
I take fish oil (low dose) too..

Happy Hair Growing!

I'll tell you one thing that makes yr boobs grow and that's 1000mcg of msm. I take 2 a day for my hair and my knees and the definite side effects are bigger fuller boobs! My sweetie commented just this morning on them but it may also put weight on you too!

I'll tell you one thing that makes yr boobs grow and that's 1000mcg of msm. I take 2 a day for my hair and my knees and the definite side effects are bigger fuller boobs! My sweetie commented just this morning on them but it may also put weight on you too!

ycj1
Wow! Its funny how the same product can affect people different ways ...I take powder MSM 1000/breakfast 1000/dinner..I haven't gained weight from it & my boobs are the same..Thank God!

*I take it for joint/tissue health...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

I should be a C by now cause I take the same amount of MSM. LOL! I take MSM, EPO and fish oils for skin benefits. I've been taking them daily for at least nine months. I should've had something happen by now. Oh well.

I should be a C by now cause I take the same amount of MSM. LOL! I take MSM, EPO and fish oils for skin benefits. I've been taking them daily for at least nine months. I should've had something happen by now. Oh well.

MrsPeaceLily
Try adding some vit c for better absorption...I take powder vit c..

Happy Hair Growing!

Checking in!

My nails are growing so fast that it's actually become annoying! They're so white too, and the ridges are going.
My skin is glowing, I just had a menses breakout but the pimples are tiny like point of a needle, getting rid of them is simple as a acv-oat mask. Scarring is also fading, but I have been massaging with CO.
Hair...not saying much. But it's early days. When the EPO and flax oils are finished I may switch to hemp seed oil, less faffing about with capsules. And the ratio of omega 3 - 6 is supposed to be ideal in hempseed.

Overall, I'm a happy camper.

That's great how much EPO and Flax are you taking?

Lita are you taking black seed oil & borage? If so how much? Does it really help with cramping?

princesslocks I take 1000mg borage with breakfast..500mg black seed lunch..2-500mg black seed with dinner...*If I have a poor diet for that month I will take 3000mg black-seed the week before/then stop..Yes,it really helps with cramps..I went from taking anti-inflammatory every-day during that time to just 1 or 2 tabs...the flow is not as heavy..
I have reproductive issues so every little bit helps..Some times I dont have pms or any warnings & it just comes...So I really have to watch the calender...

(My GYN) made the suggestion to do that...I only take it for a shot time & stop per her recommendation...

*If you take Blood Thinners or Other Medications..PLEASE check with your PCP...

Keep me posted..

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita Thanks. It's interesting that you mention diet...because if I don't eat well my cycle will announce it's coming by way of cramps. If I eat well, I don't even know it's coming.

Right now I'm researching whether to go with fish oil vs. black seed oil for an Omega 3.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Thanks Lita. It's interesting that you mention diet...because if I don't eat well my cycle will announce it's coming by way of cramps. If I eat well, I don't even know it's coming.

Right now I'm researching whether to go with fish oil vs. black seed oil for an Omega 3.

Thanks for the info.

princesslocks Any-time....

May-be you should try a combo oil...Iherb & Vitamin Shoppe carries oils that come in combo's...Thats how I started..

Happy Hair Growing!

I'm also checking in and have been taking the Vitamin Shoppe brand of Omega 3-6-9.
l_vs-1448.png

I can't say that it's helped my nails because they normally grow well on their own. My skin however seems to have a nice glow. I've been surprised with a few compliments on it. Had a bad spell with some pimples a month ago. Not sure why? I also started using African Black Soap around that time too. But things are clearing up nicely now. Can't testify to the hair affect just yet either. Will update if I observe anything telling.

MrsPeaceLily ..French Fries have a tendency to make your boobs (and pretty much everything else :blush: ) bigger. mine went from DD to F from workin at mcdonalds for months of eating medium fries during break :lol: :perplexed but ihave no proof becuz I'm not trynna grow them :ohwell: just poor diet.

I was ask the other day/What kind of make-up I had on...I only had on face-cream..lol
I'm still enjoying the glow its giving me..

Happy Hair Growing!

Just took my crochet braids out after four weeks, I noticed a little more growth. I'll see next month how much this has really helped.

finally have something to add!! i was looking in the mirror in pure sunlight and my skin looked like i had on makeup...but i dont wear makeup!!! esp. my forehead i mean the skin was so daggone clear and even i was like WOWWWWWW.

Not sure how much I buy this anymore... maybe I'm being a hair anorexic, but its just not fast enough lol. Nails have gone back to being jerks. Skin is clearing after a weave broke me out a little two weeks ago.

Still going strong (daily) with my Omega 3's...Loving the borage oil...

Happy Hair Growing!

I'm in. I already take Puritan's Pride Omega 3-6-9 with Fish, Flax, and Borage oil. I think that I need to back up off of taking the additional vitamin e though.

Back