It is hard not to lose track when:

Mahalialee4

1. We do not receive updates on new methods people are trying...dead silence....no good news no bad news or updates on results of past "keepers".
2. When we do not get reminders of challenges that have come to a finish and those people state their growth results or lack of.
3. When people state they are trying something and then you hear nothing or very little details that would allow a person to make up their own minds about something.
4. Maybe it would be good to have a RAVE OR RANT THREAD about all of these products, challenges or things we wish people had shared or warned us about.
To be specific: I personally, would like to hear about the: Regular MN users, Boundless Tresses, Homemade Sulphur Mixes, Surge Users, The Stinky Challenge people, the Haitian Challenge, Carrots for growth, Protein (Liquid Aminos), L Cysteine, Jamaican Castor Oil, L'Huile Mascreti, etc. etc. etc. Because some of the posters have been using these things long enough to give some kind of review. I am not looking for anyone to decide anything for me, or take responsibility for my choices,...I just want to know what has been the outcome of all the bandwagons that have roared across the pages of LHCF. If I am getting lost in the whirlwind, what about the poor Newbies? So if I seem insistent about getting answers, I believe that once something is put out there, the one giving the information should follow up and summarize their findings or their experiences so that the board is not flooded with anyone like myself (for instance) asking the same questions over and over, and things just sort of trail off into cyber oblivion.

Last edited:
Amen Sista. I'm a newbie and i would love to join a good challenge, but first would like to hear to good and the bad.

maybe there should be a section with all the challenges over the years and their updates. Come on Veterans

Mahalialee4 said:
1. We do not receive updates on new methods people are trying...dead silence....no good news no bad news or updates on results of past "keepers".
2. When we do not get reminders of challenges that have come to a finish and those people state their growth results or lack of.
3. When people state they are trying something and then you hear nothing or very little details that would allow a person to make up their own minds about something.
4. Maybe it would be good to have a RAVE OR RANT THREAD about all of these products, challenges or things we wish people had shared or warned us about.
To be specific: I personally, would like to hear about the Surge Users, The Stinky Challenge people, the Haitian Challenge, Carrots for growth, Protein (Liquid Aminos), L Cysteine, Jamaican Castor Oil, L'Huile Mascreti, etc. etc. etc. Because some of the posters have been using these things long enough to give some kind of review. I am not looking for anyone to decide anything for me, or take responsibility for my choices,...I just want to know what has been the outcome of all the bandwagons that have roared across the pages of LHCF. If I am getting lost in the whirlwind, what about the poor Newbies? So if I seem insistent about getting answers, I believe that once something is put out there, the one giving the information should follow up and summarize their findings or their experiences so that the board is not flooded with anyone like myself (for instance) asking the same questions over and over, and things just sort of trail off into cyber oblivion.

PREACH!! Girl, you ain't lying! Anyways, if you think there should be a separate board for challenges (I think so), then we need to let the higher ups know. There's a thread in Q/A board in which a myself and I think one another person stated that we would like a separate board for challenges. I think it would be easier to keep track of the progress others are making.

To start: I have an opporturnity to purchase Minoval and L'huile Mascreti but I would really like to hear asap if there are any serious cations about the Minoval that have been directly experienced by anyone other than the one lady who posted and said her hair fell out. I have some imput from someone who I spoke with directly who used it and she said that Minoval is drying to the hair, and cautions that it should only be applied to the scalp. Any other imput that could give me some headsup on this product? Also, has anyone experienced noticeable growth in terms of length and thickness using this product over a period of more than three months, using it consistently? What about L'huile mascreti? What has been the exact results found from using this product by someone on this board who has used it consistenly for more than three months. Exactly how are they applying it and are they diluting it? How long do they leave it on for? Do they mix the minoval or l'huile with other products and get outstanding results? I would really appreciate some in depth replies, whether it is positive or negative. Bonjour

Mahalialee4 said:
To be specific: I personally, would like to hear about the Surge Users, The Stinky Challenge people, the Haitian Challenge, Carrots for growth, Protein (Liquid Aminos), L Cysteine, Jamaican Castor Oil, L'Huile Mascreti, etc. etc. etc. Because some of the posters have been using these things long enough to give some kind of review. I am not looking for anyone to decide anything for me, or take responsibility for my choices,...I just want to know what has been the outcome of all the bandwagons that have roared across the pages of LHCF. If I am getting lost in the whirlwind, what about the poor Newbies? So if I seem insistent about getting answers, I believe that once something is put out there, the one giving the information should follow up and summarize their findings or their experiences so that the board is not flooded with anyone like myself (for instance) asking the same questions over and over, and things just sort of trail off into cyber oblivion.

imma come outta hiding for this one....

i havent used anything that u r curious but stinky challenge products...mine was frenchee grease, glover's liquid form and some sulfur8 but not at the same time....and i have used surge....

surge i have been using consistently since beginning of sept....i keep my natural hair twisted...retwisting every 2 weeks..except for last week i pressed...i use surge ultra max..creamy grease....and the revitalizer 14..the spray that made the company famous...both work damn good....i spray on morning and nite...and wait one week and wash my twists then wash every other day the second week then take them down...

the frenchee grease i started using in april...i continued till end of august...i was doing no protective styling with this...i applied 3days straight then washed...did this over and over....it is thick and stinks...like older ppl (linament) and bacon....but after a while i didnt notice it any more...u must clarify to get all of this out on wash day....also ur sheets may be permanently greased....i experience more thickness than growth i think...i'll take either...my hair was already normal thick...so it got even thicker....it is also good for keeping my roots from being dry...using this i discovered what my naps had been missing....

i have used glover's liquid form and sulfur 8 (yellow jar) mixed together when i was out of frenchee for a lil while....not more than 3 weeks i dont think....it was ok but the liquid was kinda drying and not as thick in texture as frenchee so i made sure i didnt run outta frenchee again...

since july i have had maybe 2 inches of growth(could be more)....i am never sure of my length in inches anymore cuz i have mad shrinkage even when i flat iron....but look on my profile and see the link to my yahoo album...the twists album....i used the surge products in those photos....

whew....i hope all of that was good enuff....

i dont think ppl report back with results when the hype dies down...

if u come across threads and curious about member results..try sending a pm to whomever in that one for info...:)

thank you for the update deedabug and the headsup about the pm. Have you by any chance checked out the MTG and what were your results? Bonjour

Mahalialee4 said:
To start: I have an opporturnity to purchase Minoval and L'huile Mascreti but I would really like to hear asap if there are any serious cations about the Minoval that have been directly experienced by anyone other than the one lady who posted and said her hair fell out. I have some imput from someone who I spoke with directly who used it and she said that Minoval is drying to the hair, and cautions that it should only be applied to the scalp. Any other imput that could give me some headsup on this product? Also, has anyone experienced noticeable growth in terms of length and thickness using this product over a period of more than three months, using it consistently? What about L'huile mascreti? What has been the exact results found from using this product by someone on this board who has used it consistenly for more than three months. Exactly how are they applying it and are they diluting it? How long do they leave it on for? Do they mix the minoval or l'huile with other products and get outstanding results? I would really appreciate some in depth replies, whether it is positive or negative.
Bonjour

Hey Mahalialee4, i did use minoval and masketi together as well as frenchees and wgo and notice great growth combined with the vits then i started to mess with mtg, the only thing that works combined with mtg for me is the masketi if u like put the mtg in the morning (i use it daily) and the masketi at night or vice versa i see lot of growth and when u take the cornrows out the hair stay moisturized and dont break and is never dry. but when i was mixing everything i would get small clumps of white residue i believe hardened sulfur all over the head. And when i used the glover's sulfur oitment and the minoval and mtg, it was not working anymore i dont know if because of the mtg but the glover's oitment 5%sulfur and the minoval would burn my head and the minoval would make me sore so i got scurred drop everything and only use the mtg everyday no grease at all the only thing i could add safely is the masketi just in case the mtg leaves the hair dry but not at the same time like one in the morning and one in the evening and just co wash every 3days thats it but right now just using the mtg by itself everyday and no problem no irritation no reaction if it itches just rub some masketi its an heavy oil so u sure to be moisturized voila and i also learn to just use the vo5 kiwi lime only and only when u have lot of buildup as its very drying for those who dont use poo i just use the free me freesia or strawberry and cream and mtg on my head voila simple and my vits. i m just tired of doing too much.

Mahalialee4 said:
thank you for the update deedabug and the headsup about the pm. Have you by any chance checked out the MTG and what were your results? Bonjour

yw...no i never got it....it has sulphur...the main ingredient in sulfur8, glover's and frenchee....so i didn't bother...

I know what you mean.

I plan to update everyone on my progress, but I found myself trying so many things at one time.

I am going to stick with the same regimen for at least 2 months and then track my progress before changing to something else. I have been wearing a weave, but after I remove this one, I won’t be wearing a wig, so it will be easier for me to provide oyu gusy with pictures of my growth progress.

MTG, for example, does grow some hair, but I just cannot stand the odor and oiliness. I have made my own mixture of Emu oil, Carrot Cream, Pomada De Azufre and the Asha scalp stimulating oil. My first batch also has a little ORS fertilizing serum because I had about ½ bottle of it sitting around collecting dust, but I will experiment with that 4th ingredient. I plan to add Vitatress Biotin cream or one of the other many items in my medicine cabinet collecting dust.

I wanted something that moisturizes, stimulates growth, smelled pretty good, and I wanted to use up products that I have already wasted so much money on.

So far so good, but like you, I feel like all the different methods and concoctions floating around are hard to keep track of. Personally, I need to just stick with one thing and provide updates.

It's hard to keep track when there are more PJ's than ppl with steady regimens. There is much less reliability of how a product, vitamin or regimen works when 1) you start it at the same time or overlapping one or more other things and 2) you only do it for less than a due time. In most cases Six weeks is the time period that it takes to really tell if something works, and in reality it needs to be more than that. Oh, and bandwagoning doesn't do much either.
The folks with steady regimens aren't saying much because, well, their regimens are steady. They have fewer no zero products to get excited about.

PS- By steady I mean five to eight months or more.

I'd like to report the carrot juice and flax seed oil has been great for my hair and skin. My hair is thick and my skin is moisturized.

I've been drinking carrot juice and the oil for 11 months now.

I fell off the no heat challenge though...

I don't know....I guess I should be honest...First, I want to update on my progress but sometimes I feel (and this is just me...my own "insecurities", if you will) like I have to submit a PowerPoint presentation, and provide pictures from 50-11 different angles...more like I am trying to PROVE my progress in using a "non-popular" item rather than just saying "Hey ladies, here are my new pics!" Second, I'm in Iraq, and I know that I can't really commit to using any product or challenge with any consistency, because...well, I'm in Iraq!! LOL! I apologize to anyone that was looking for updates on the miconazole nitrate that I was willing to try, especially since I was quite vocal in the "Monistat" thread. However, in the interest of what this board is all about, I will update my progress tomorrow after I take my braids down and retouch. And I guess, I'll take the good with the bad, too. :)

good idea for a thread mahalialee!
im on a few challenges myself..im on the waist length by 07 challenge, the 3 month baggie and bun challenge, the mtg challenge, and 4 inches by 06 challenge (i created myself..its my own personal challenge)...

UPDATES..
WAISTLENGTH BY O7- I think I have roughly 18 inches of hair. I have 10 more inches of hair to go until im even partially at my goal..and im giving myself until the beginning of next year (by 07 to reach it). Im hitting some plateaus probably because I all of a sudden forgot how to do my damn hair..its getting so knotty and crispy and its got a major lack of moisture...

im not sure whats up with it but i got to do something to get over the plateau... but something needs to happen..plus im buying all the wrong products i think..because everything im using now is itching my scalp and does nothing for my hair... Your post, on the other hand, is helping me to re-evaluate my goals which I sorely need to do..

3 MONTH BAGGIE CHALLENGE- I do this on occassion now.. i need to get back to doing this regularly and i think i will too because i need that extra moisture..I DID use herbal cholesterol (the one with the little pellets in it) and Mane and Tail Deep Moisturizing, and the Aloe Vera cholesterol- here are my reviews:

• The herbal cholesterol wasnt like the regular cholesterol..it didnt do nothing for moisture that i need beside dry up the hair-i think it had a lot of alcohol in it
  • The pellets wouldnt wash out..in fact, they got stuck in my hair and made my hair hard to comb...
  • The mane and tail deep moisturizing conditioner was very moisturizing..it really made my hair feel nice..except i think im allergic to it because it makes me itch (my scalp and my back where it rinses down while im showing)- i think it might be because of all the chemicals (artificial fragrances etc etc)
  • The aloe vera cholesterol was THE BEST! It worked so nicely, retained moisture wonderfully, left my hair soft and shiny and smooth...the scent wasnt too overbearing.. ID DEFINITELY BUY IT AGAIN FOR THE BAGGIE CHALLENGE
The MTG CHALLENGE- I think that using MTG is giving the growth i want (its given me 2 inches because I stopped using it a while ago)..i think its making me break out a bit on my face..and i dont like that its dripping down my neck either..so today i did it differently..like i read on another thread (if you put it on wet-damp hair the scent will go away..) so i applied it on fresh washed hair and i mixed it with essential oils and WGO oil for the first time today...i'll report back with the results..but it seems to feel different than before (where i just did it with the plain MTG and essential oil) It looks and feels more moisturized and the smell isnt so bad either...

4 inches by 06- I think my hair is slowly getting there but I definitely need to up the ante with the mtg to top out november and december...i think if i get those 4 inches i'll be satisfied for a while..i got the last two inches in 3 weeks of use (about 2-3 days use a week) and i think i can maybe hit 4 inches maybe even over!:eek: Im happy with whatever I get..im just aiming for waist length by June which is my boyfriends prom...i want to have long vines of curly hair!

I HOPE THAT HELPS SOME PEOPLE OUT WITH THEIR CHOICES AND DECISIONS!!

LET ME KNOW IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!!
MEIA

Mahalialee4 said:
Thank you so much for the update: I love how you laid it out Mei. That was a wonderful update!!!!

No problem Mahalia! I always respect your threads because they are informative, helpful for everyone, and you respect everyones answers! :grin: Id been waiting for a while to update and since ive not officially had time to compile a fotki i figured i could contribute on here! Thank you for being so kind!

If anyone has questions about anything at all feel free to pm me! i'd be glad to explain everything/iron out any kinks!

Keep up the good work with the wonderful threads, Mahalia!;)

Meia

MY UPDATE

MTG: Still working for me. I am plan on wearing sew ins during the winter instead because my hair grows so much while it is "resting" and using the MTG. I had enough growth this year where I can finally proclaim that I am shoulder length..

SHOULDER/ARMPIT LENGTH CHALLENGE: I have made it to shoulder length!!!!!

CHRISTMAS STRETCH CLUB: I will make it pass the New Year because I don't plan on relaxing my hair while it is so cold.

Naijaqueen: I did not manage to find it online. (LM). I actually found it in Ohio while on business there. Bought it privately from a Haitian. Bonjour

Mahalialee4 said:
Naijaqueen: I did not manage to find it online. (LM). I actually found it in Ohio while on business there. Bought it privately from a Haitian. Bonjour

I think I just got it
that michelinedeparis website is fairly knew so u cant order from i,it wont go thru. I didnt know, tried to order mouelle de boeuf and called when it didnt go thru, turns out they also have l'huile mascriti, one for $9.99 another bigger one for $19.99. They do orders over the phone. If everything goes well,I should get it next week and I'll let y'all know

Update

MTG: I'm still on it, I take weekly breaks after going to salon. Ilove it, its really helped my hair become even more thick and full.

Shoulder/Armpit: According to my sister, I'm just about Shoulder,so I'm sure when I relax in a month,I should be right on it! I love the way my hair looks when I get it blown out.

Baggie: I've slacked off big time, my ends are raggedy now, I gave up on phonies, started using cap at night, like that better

Christmas Stretch:I'm 9 weeks post, relaxing at 13weeks, so far so good,praying the last month works out fine. I've been to Dominican salons 2x,and I'm getting a doobie for thanksgiving and its really helped!

I no longer have an album therefore I don't do updates. Besides I am natural now and it seems relaxed styles are more popular on this site.

Country gal said:
I no longer have an album therefore I don't do updates. Besides I am natural now and it seems relaxed styles are more popular on this site.

Really?? I feel the exact opposite. There is soo much love for Naturals on this board and others, especially with hair as beautiful as yours. I think many people are just afraid to take that step. Maybe if they did see more albums and updates of naturals that would convince them:-))

I used to be apart of a few challenges/bandwagons before going natural in early 2005. I'm not on any specific 'product growth' related challenges. I'm just trying to grow my hair out, be more consistent, and reach shoulder length by next year. Right now, the back part of my hair is about neck-length when stretched or when I wash it all back in the shower. I have just started back doing daily conditioner washes. I used to wear all types of natural styles, but now I'm trying to stick with wearing a shrunken coily wash 'n go puff. Conditioner is the main product I use. My hair is loving this routine. So I'm one of those people who are pretty steady and don't use many products. HTH!

Country Gal: I spent time in your album and being a natural, your album was and is any any updates are important to me, also maybe because I am a country gal for real. I love to see natural hair albums because I can identify better and learn as much from them as anyone. Please be encouraged to update.bonjour

My Update:

regime...basically the same, except for:

• no more grease
  • spray every day with water
  • drench in shower every 2 days
  • apply oil moisturizer maybe 2x a day after water misting
  • shampoo every 5-7 days
  • Deep con every 5-7 days
  • no combing AT ALL (just finger combing, until too much regrowth arrives)

thats about it! in august i am adding L-Cysteine to my vitamin regime and Puritan prides 5,000mcg instead of 1,000mcg from holland and barrets. I too wanna see mroe reviews on l-cysteine...

Last edited:
Back