Is your man "hard to love"?

CookieLAD

Are you in love with a man that is "hard to love"?

Hard to love can be defined in any number of ways.....perhaps he's moody...or it could be that he has a hard time opening up to you (allowing himself to be vulnerable in your relationship)....or maybe he's just particular/fussy about so many things that everyday life with him is an obstacle course.

1. Tell me...what makes your man "hard to love"?

2. If you've overcome the challenge, tell me how you've managed to do so?

3. If you are still struggling....how long before you say ENOUGH and move on?

YES YES YES...

I am always the one left out.. he wants to mope around instead of talking to me... ugh!! :nono::nono::sad::sad:

I told him that I was done with this... We are taking this week to REALLY think about our relationship. If he wants to treat me like an SO and let me be there for him he will show up @ our spot @ 3pm next Friday. I told him if he comes.. come with ideas and concepts on how to renew our relationship! :look::look::look: (by the way I got this idea from the sex and the city movie :grin::grin: and he thought is was a great idea!!)

I will let you know what happens next Friday! But honestly I just know hes going to show up... I wrote him a letter and either way I am going to give it to him.

I'm currently single but there is no way I could be in a situation like this. I have no desire to convince someone to let me love them.

I'm currently single but there is no way I could be in a situation like this. I have no desire to convince someone to let me love them.

I hear what you're saying and you know yourself better than anyone else, but this doesn't just happen at the beginning of a relationship....you could find yourself in this situation at any time - even after you've married someone.

:look: what if YOU're the difficult one who has trouble letting herself be vulnerable? :look:

I've been here in most of my relationships....the minute I decide to open myself up and try to go to another level with someone....

Perhaps it's my punishment :ohwell:

:look: what if YOU're the difficult one who has trouble letting herself be vulnerable? :look:

I'm having this problem right now... I've been slowly opening up but I have hurt him a few times due to being too cautious.

Just all seems too good to be true though. :ohwell: I just keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's like, "Okay, this man is nearly perfect... What's wrong with him/what's going to happen, because there's no way I can stay being this happy."

No I never understood that kinda love. Why deal with someone that is hard to love and you don't have to be stuck with? Seems like a headache and asking for drama.

No I never understood that kinda love...Seems like a headache..

I never did either and yes, it is a headache. I guess it's like anything else you're experiencing for the first time..... it's difficult to comprehend until you find yourself in the situation, trying to make sense of it.

Ladies, thanks so much for your comments.

Hard to love can be defined in any number of ways.....perhaps he's moody...or it could be that he has a hard time opening up to you (allowing himself to be vulnerable in your relationship)....or maybe he's just particular/fussy about so many things that everyday life with him is an obstacle course.

Thanks for asking this because I wonder about this alot . . . looking at most of the relationships I see, I notice a bunch of men who are hard to love and women who are running after men, just happy to have someone :nono: Makes me think that that's all that is out there . . . . .

Ummm... what if we are both hard to love?:look:
I am the one that has a hard time opening up & allowing myself to be vulnerable. He is the one that is particular about everything, and is moody as well. We still manage to have a lot of fun together :grin:. I doubt we would ever get married though, but thats because I am too young to settle down.

Not a chance!!! ut I'm sure I can be at times...well not really, I can be more "hard to LIKE." I'm uber loveable. LMAO

now...
i wouldn't want someone who was hard to love. i've had that before, and it was definitely someone that i shouldn't have even been WILLING to love...
but i do appreciate that the next person took time and kind of encouraged me to allow myself to be vulnerable, just like he has.

i look forward to being in a relationship when i'm not as guarded as i've been. That'll be a new experience:)

I wouldn't say hard to love, but rather difficult to understand at first. I've loved him since we first began dating exclusively. He is a good man, but had a really hard time opening up at first.

Patience, earning his trust & him earning mine, absolute honesty with each other, learning how to talk to him with respect & accepting that I could be difficult, too. I had a bad mouth, with a short temper & would say off the wall things when I got mad.

We've been together for 2 years & it has been a 360 degree turn around. I will say that he is the most respectful man that I have ever dated. If not, it would never have worked.

I wouldn't say hard to love, but rather difficult to understand at first. I've loved him since we first began dating exclusively. He is a good man, but had a really hard time opening up at first.

Patience, earning his trust & him earning mine, absolute honesty with each other, learning how to talk to him with respect & accepting that I could be difficult, too. I had a bad mouth, with a short temper & would say off the wall things when I got mad.

We've been together for 2 years & it has been a 360 degree turn around. I will say that he is the most respectful man that I have ever dated. If not, it would never have worked.

Thanks so much - this was a very helpful post!

I hear what you're saying and you know yourself better than anyone else, but this doesn't just happen at the beginning of a relationship....you could find yourself in this situation at any time - even after you've married someone.

Hmmm I suppose that could be true and in that case one should consider marriage counseling or divorce. Don't get me wrong, I have been in a situation like this before. So now I avoid men that have these characteristics. Communication is an essential part of a relationship. If I'm with someone who is not able to open up to me and discuss our relationship then I'm out the door. A fussy man that makes life difficult for you everyday is not worth your time. :nono:

I'm in a hard to love situation. Its easy for yall to say you'd be out the door or wouldn't be in the situation, when you're not. When you're in love with a person, you want the best and its not so easy to just walk away when you care.

My SO is moody and I have to pull teeth to get him to talk. We've come a long way, but it's still a long way to go...

Back