IS THERE A HEALTHY ENDS CHALLENGE IN 2012?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am on a self imposed protective style challenge for the year of 2012. I am psyched and at the same time, nervous. My ends just seem to suffer and I don't know what to do to help them. Can you ladies give me advice on how to keep my ends healthy in twists? I am using my own hair because extensions and I do not get along.:nono::blush: If there is a thread, I apologize. I am just excited on starting this challenge right!:grin:

:spinning: oh LOL
For me it is keeping my hair trimmed every 3-4 months, making sure to concentrate my conditioner on my ends when ever I condition, Keeping my ends protected, hidden, because it is less likely to dry out. For when I was natural in twist, it was really just deep conditioning and trimming, make sure to wear a satin bonnet to bed.

Even if you dust, don't hold on to horrid ends that are split.

i'll be down for a healthy ends challenge in 2012. i always see healthy ends challenges and know i should join, but i never do. lol.

Why don't you reference the previous healthy ends challenges? I think they would be a good resource for you.

Here is what I do to protect my ends when they're in twists:

I generally wear them pinned up in a bun or updo style. Before pinning them, I'll mist them with a little water and seal them with oil (castor, olive, almond...whatever is on hand).

For the past two months, I've been dry baggying at night. I think this has helped me tremendously with moisture retention (minus the excess water). It's pretty simple, but it works well for me.:yep:

Hope this helps!

DDTexlaxed i'm not sure what length your hair is when stretched or if you use heat all all....
When you have short hair it really is difficult to 'tuck them away' or 'put it in a bun' without looking like you're having a bad hair day.

I think regular, scheduled dusting - see some of Nonie threads/posts and heavily sealing your ends with something like Castor Oil will work. I was battling with my ends for forever and realised that the missing peices of the puzzle were 1(increase moisture and 2)regular trims. Now that i have started both my sealing with Castor Oil is so much more effective.

Back