Is Pink Oil really that bad?...

antisocial

I thought I was the only one who thought this stuff was pretty useless until reading what some people had to say about it. Even though it does nothing for my hair now other than make my wrap stick out in the back, I'm thinking it can't be all bad because this was all my mother used in my hair when I was a child and my hair was waist length (at age 5, and my hair is 4ab) Has anybody had good results with Pink Oil?:confused:

The only thing I can do with Pink Oil is put it on my feet. Makes a great moisturizer for dry heels.:lol: :lol: :lol:

I bumped you an old thread I started about it. I hope it helps.

Softresses

Last edited:
My hair hates it but the children's father could use it and be just fine but he doesn't usually wear mch hair.

I don't think it's bad I just think its too oily for my liking now a days. I am heavy handed with products so...

Has anyone tried the Light Pink Oil Moisturizer?

I used a lot of it in the past and can't say that there is anything wrong with it. It was too wet for my hair to use daily but it made a great moisturizer to use before blow drying. Since I don't do that anymore I haven't used it.

The new LIGHT version isn't too bad. The thing I don't like about Pink Oil is they didn't even do a tribute to Luther Vandross when he died:( IMO Luther made that company, because before he did that commercial with his shiny, pretty waves, weren't not one black person about to put anything pink in their hair that wasn't a bow or barret or something!:lol:

RIP Luther Vandross:cry:

I hate that stuff!!!! It did weird things to my hair. Does make feet and elbows soft though.

Softresses said:
The only thing I can do with Pink Oil is put it on my feet. Makes a great moisturizer for dry heels.:lol: :lol: :lol:

I bumped you an old thread I started about it. I hope it helps.

Softresses

Are you serious? I'm about to try this with the bottle thats been sitting under my sink for months.....I hope it doesn't make my feet stink:lol:

anti-babymama said:
Are you serious? I'm about to try this with the bottle thats been sitting under my sink for months.....I hope it doesn't make my feet stink:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, ashamed to say how I had to find that out. Sometimes you just run out of lotion and get in a pinch you know?:lol: :lol:

Seriously though, on a thread I did about a friend of mine's daughter, she used it and it was too heavy and I asked for suggestions for her hair. Some of the people that responded liked it. I just have never been able to use is because like some of the above posters said it left my hair dry hard and weighted down.

Softresses

My mom used it faithfully on my hair as well (what was she thinking)?

I co-sign on what others have said--It weighs my hair down (even the light version) and severely dries my hair out a few hours later.

I have tried to revisit it on several occassions, and it did not work. I wish I would have known it was a cure for the proverbial ashiness! I wouldn't have given my bottle away!:lol:

I never had a problem with it. I only stopped using it because I kept hearing it was so bad. Lol....when I started my first hair board a bunch of people jumped on me when I said I used it....been scared of it ever since, lol.

I don't think anything is wrong with it. It seems cool as a sealer, but not as the main source of moisture.

Anyway, the Motions pink cream is so much better!!!

MissB said:
I heard a hair dresser say that it is good for roller sets...

My mom used to rod set my hair (dry hair) with it when I was a kid. She'd put my hair in a few ponytails, put the pink lotion on, and then put the rods in. I would sleep on it, and take it out the next day. It worked pretty good. It would stay for about a week before the curls started to droop. It was easier than making me sit under the dryer with rods and setting lotion. I stopped using it when I was a teenager though, it made my thin hair too greasy and limp looking.

Last edited:
Back