Pink Oil Moisturizer - worst product ever???

I remember that stuff! It seemed that it always made my hair look good on the outside, esp. after a blow dry, and even sorta feel nice but it was in a strange way b/c it felt dry and icky/dirty at the same time. I felt like it made me shed or something, but in long strands.

And you're right, it kinda did seem to attract dirt didn't it. And I didn't care for the smell. It didn't stink like WGO, I just didn't like it. (And I'm really into smells!)

It sounds like one of those products that either you love it or you hate it. Maybe it works best on immediately after washed hair and nothing more.

Wow! I am still learning... I had been using Pink Oil before my last relaxer, which was a few days ago. I started using some sort of oil sheen in the non-aerosol spray bottle, and I can tell a huge difference in my hair. I didn't realize that the pink oil was my problem!
laugh.gif

It was just the worst. It gave my hair a gritty, grimy feel to it and at the end of the day made my hair crunch. I will never touch that product again.

[ QUOTE ]
slwe415 said:
Wow! I am still learning... I had been using Pink Oil before my last relaxer, which was a few days ago. I started using some sort of oil sheen in the non-aerosol spray bottle, and I can tell a huge difference in my hair. I didn't realize that the pink oil was my problem!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
Better late than never!

A friend of mine, who has a texturizer, has been using Pink Oil on her hair for nearly 10 years. Her hair always looks nice and she hasn't had any problems with the pink oil moisturizer. It's not the only product she uses though, and she probably doesn't use a lot. Her hair is very fine and it never looks greasy. I, on the other hand, tried this (and moisture max) in the early 90's and they both gave me a rash on my neck and shoulders. My hair was about bra strap length or longer at the time, so my hair was touching my skin.

I had given up Pink Oil since finding this board. Now I'm thinking that now that I am on a healthy hair regime, that Pink Oil wouldn't be so bad. Especially on my ends. If Vaseline is acceptable as an ends protector than Pink Oil should be okay as well.
ohwell.gif

I do remember how it use to make my hair all shiny and silky!
love.gif

My mom has waist length hair and she has been using pink oil moisturizer FOREVER!
My oldest sister also uses it, and her hair is bra strap length and very healthy.
I don't like it in my hair, but I don't think it is bad for everyone.

I LOOOOOOVE pink oil moisturizer for blow drying my hair. I tried so many different lotions and creams for blowdrying and all of them were not moisturizing enough. Pink oil always does the trick. My hair is super dry though.

Yes it is the worse. my mother used to use it in my hair when I was younger and it was dry and breaking, so she thought she needed to add more.
wallbash.gif

Back