Is it just me? Or is anyone else noticing that alot of members are at bsl or approach

• Thread starter Thread starter chica_canella
  • Start date Start date
C

chica_canella

ing it. I remember when I first came on this site and there weren't as many BSL or approaching. But now, when I scroll through the posts alot of women have BSL hair on here or somewhere between APL and BSL. I think pretty soon, it will be standard for most members to have BSL hair or longer. But at least BSL and that will be nothing because most of us will be used to it.

I mean in three years, I could see everyone that is a member now and is consistent with their hair care being BSL or longer.

Congrats everyone.:D

oh and healthy too.

i'll bump this thread in three years. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that too, and I think that's great. There are sooooooo many women here with that length of hair and it's so encouraging. Keep up the great work, ladies!

Re: Is it just me? Or is anyone else noticing that alot of members are at bsl or appr

Yeah, it looks like everyone is growing together :lol:

Would be interesting to see where everyone is in 3 years hairwise...

yeah, it's even more encouraging for newbies to look at the before and after pictures. but trust when i do get my fotki up and i tell you where i started from, you will have to believe me.:p

I was just thinking about this and you are so right! But you don't even have to wait three years, with patience and consistency. I still can't believe my own pictures, and neither can my family. My hair has never, ever been this long or looked like this. Didn't even know it was possible, but it is and only took a year.;)

Yeah, think about all the neck length ladies who are working on shoulder length by the end of the year then apl next year. I can't wait. In the next 3 years all the shorthairclub ladies like myself would have made it.

Re: Is it just me? Or is anyone else noticing that alot of members are at bsl or appr

I agree, before I found LHCF my hair was stuck at shoulder length and I couldnt figure out why. Now this is the 2nd time I am at BSL ( 1st time I cut it) and my goal is to reach waist length.

Yea I think this is great. I can't wait till I am at BSL. :grin: It can be done the proof is in the pudding just look around we have a host of witnesses to prove it. Good luck to all and happy hair growing.:woot:

For the ladies who never had long hair before and/or who couldn't get past shoulder length: what did you do to finally break that barrier? If you are now BSL, what was the regimen that helped you the most?

Congratulations!

gymfreak336 said:
Yeah, think about all the neck length ladies who are working on shoulder length by the end of the year then apl next year. I can't wait. In the next 3 years all the shorthairclub ladies like myself would have made it.
that why i am hanging in here :lol: :lol:

Bumpity Bump :smile:

For the ladies who never had long hair before and/or who couldn't get past shoulder length: what did you do to finally break that barrier? If you are now BSL, what was the regimen that helped you the most?

I've noticed this as well! I can't wait to see where I will be next year, the following year and 3 years from now etc. Ever since I BCd my hair has grown like a weed!!

Serenity_Peace said:

Congratulations!

The MSM suppliments and using a silk bonnet to sleep. Once I started that,it seemed like my hair saw the green light to grow.

Serenity_Peace said:

Congratulations!

I would have to say keeping my hair moisturized(by cowashing, deep conditioning and good moisturizer) and protected(sleeping with satin bonnet, protective styles)

excessive heat usage from the pressing comb when I was natural stopped me from getting below shoulder/apl....and when I was relaxed it was a matter of being too scissor happy because I rarely used heat.

Its awesome to see so many ladies reacing their goals :yep: bsl seems common like shoulder length now :lol:

I'm certainly not there yet! but I will be!

I actually think there will always be a good mixture of lengths on this board which is great. There are plenty of ladies who haven't found the board yet and are still struggling with their hair issues. There will always (at least for some decades maybe :look:) be those who are just starting, almost there, and above and beyond their hair length and health goals. The need to share the information that I've learned here will be necessary until it becomes universal information to all black women.

It looks like everyone here is doing great though! I had to change my APL goal in my siggy from may to July. My hair is not growing as fast as I wanted, but it is growing and I am retaining! :D

Neck length, Shoulder length, Armpit length, Waist length, Butt Length, to-da-floor length, Lets get it ladies!:woot:

Serenity_Peace said:
Bumpity Bump :smile:

CW'ing every other day, and protective styles really helped my hair from S/L to BSL.

I'm hearing so much about the CW method. Many BSL lovelies are CWing every other day or 3 days a week. What are the best conditioners for CWing? I understand that they don't necessarily have to be high-end or expensive.

Thank you so much in advance for all of your help. I do think moisture and protective styling are the keys to BSL success!!!;)

Serenity_Peace said:
I'm hearing so much about the CW method. Many BSL lovelies are CWing every other day or 3 days a week. What are the best conditioners for CWing? I understand that they don't necessarily have to be high-end or expensive.

Thank you so much in advance for all of your help. I do think moisture and protective styling are the keys to BSL success!!!;)

I use Motions After Shampoo Conditioner. I think you can buy a huge tub for $11.99 @ Sally's.

SweetCaramel1 said:
i was thinking about this the other day. so many pretty heads of hair. our hard work is paying off

Yours definitely is! I love your hair in your siggy

Serenity_Peace said:

The motions moisture plus is a good choice too but watch out na here comes another cheapie but goodie...Suave Professional Humecto Conditioner:D OMG....I love this....I reach for this one instead of my other conditioners for co-washing:)

Here's a few other cheapie but goodies conditioners:

VO5 Strawberries n Cream
Suave Milk n Honey
Queene Helene Shea butter conditioner
Queene Helene Olive Oil conditioner
and there's many, many more:D

Last edited:

congrats ladies!!!!!:D In three years, I'll be there too. amen

I do notice since I first came on the board a little over a year ago. I 've seen with my own eyes ppl reach their goals and it is soooo inspiring. Just like 30's is the new 20's BSL is the new WSL. HHG:)

Back