Is anyone's DH or SO into your hair goals????

avyance

My husband ANDDDDD son....really hate that I cut my hair.

Oh my gosh, I swear that they are more into my healthy hair and growth program than I am!!!! My husband took my flat irons!!!:mad:

He rubbed his hands through my hair and says, that he can feel the impacts of me using heat on my hair:eek: .

Ladies, I only used the flat iron once!!!!! Then he says, maybe you used too many products, why don't you wash you hair and start over.:confused:

Now, mind you, my husband is 1000% testosterone!!! WTF???????

Please tell I am not the only one going through this????????:perplexed

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: You are not the only one.
I am currently 8 weeks post and really really really trying to push it till march. I washed and conditioned my heart out last night and I still tangled. I tangled worse than I ever have. My boyfriend saw me sitting on the could with a spray bottle of water and leave-in conditioner trying to smooth out my hair and he shook his head and said, "Maybe eight weeks is your limit". He goes on to say that "Not everyone can stretch" and with the amount of hair I am losing, maybe I am one of those people". He is always telling me what I do wrong. He will tell me that if I haven't moisturized enough or if he thinks I over did it with a protien treatment.

Mine is really into my hair goals as well. Typically, I wash 3-4 times a week. He feels I shouldn't manipulate my hair so much. When I am uipset because I feel my hair is shedding too much or breaking, he tells me to leave my hair alone and he gets really adamant about it (like he's putting his foot down...LOL).

I think he is in it so much because part of him would love for me to reach ANY goal I set and part of him is INTRIGUED on how much "foxier" I am going to be with longer hair.

He even joined me on a weight loss challenge (he wants to "buff up"). We are taking a vacation in a couple of months and he is so excited about us meeting our goals.

Indigo's Hair said:
Mine is really into my hair goals as well. Typically, I wash 3-4 times a week. He feels I shouldn't manipulate my hair so much. When I am uipset because I feel my hair is shedding too much or breaking, he tells me to leave my hair alone and he gets really adamant about it (like he's putting his foot down...LOL).
I think he is in it so much because part of him would love for me to reach ANY goal I set and part of him is INTRIGUED on how much "foxier" I am going to be with longer hair.

He even joined me on a weight loss challenge (he wants to "buff up"). We are taking a vacation in a couple of months and he is so excited about us meeting our goals.

Thats funny.

Lawd!!! Yall are too funny.:lachen: I have some of the same thing going on.

First it started out with compliments, "oh it is so shiney or oh it is so soft." Now it's " how are you going to wear your hair when we go here or there? or did you forget to comb your hair???? I am like what?? Leave me alone, I know what I am doing, you just drive.

I thought I was alone.Everytime I get Sh happy hubby tries to stop me from it.
Or when I complained about my hair beeing too soft he advised me to do a protein treatment:eek:

ella said:
I thought I was alone.Everytime I get Sh happy hubby tries to stop me from it.
Or when I complained about my hair beeing too soft he advised me to do a protein treatment:eek:

Has he been tiptoeing on the board??:cool: :cool:

My hubby he's so cute... he has picked up on all of the lingo and then I'll be shocked when he uses the language. He loves how may hair is getting longer and it took him a while but he believes in LHCF! he admitted it. And then sometimes i'll notice that he'll use my nexxus to deep condition or he'll condition his hair for a long time. i think it's so cute... hehehe

Ladies, I am so glad I am not the only one!!!!

I told him that I ordered some products. He gets upset, saying, "You finally have a regimen that works and I can tell that it is healthy. Why are you going to screw it up". :mad: :mad:

So I have to explain why I am trying a new product and what the potential benefits are, then he say's "Oh okay, if it could benefit your hair but I can help you if you like, to determie if it is better than your current products.":confused:

WTH, ladies!!!!:confused:

RZILYNT said:
Lawd!!! Yall are too funny.:lachen: I have some of the same thing going on.

First it started out with compliments, "oh it is so shiney or oh it is so soft." Now it's " how are you going to wear your hair when we go here or there? or did you forget to comb your hair???? I am like what?? Leave me alone, I know what I am doing, you just drive.

LOL! My hubby is into my hair care too. I'm 3 months post, stretching for another month...he's been commenting about my "waves" and new growth.

Mizani_Mrs said:
My hubby he's so cute... he has picked up on all of the lingo and then I'll be shocked when he uses the language. He loves how may hair is getting longer and it took him a while but he believes in LHCF! he admitted it. And then sometimes i'll notice that he'll use my nexxus to deep condition or he'll condition his hair for a long time. i think it's so cute... hehehe

Yesssss!!!! That is the other thing. Now he wants to use some of my products!!! But I have 4BBBBBB hair, he has straight hair, so our requirements are different!!

:lachen: :lachen: This is too funny! My SO is similiar. He gets tired of me talking about my hair all the time, but when I ask him to help me trim it, he has a fit. He's like, "You don't need to cut it, just leave it alone." I think it's cute. Tired of me talking about it, but doesn't want me to do anything to it. Go figure.

gymfreak336 said:
Has he been tiptoeing on the board??:cool: :cool:

Oh he better not.:ohwell:
He must have actually listened to me(WOW) when I first started my journey and all I did was talking about hair.

My SO has commented on my protective styling (though he doesn't call it that). He says that he likes it when I wear my hair pulled back into a twist. I think he's tired of my wavy new growth, though. And I don't think he's totally on board with the falls & phony ponies....:lachen:

ETA: ella, your kitty is so cute! I'm a fellow animal lover.

preciousjewel76 said:
My SO has commented on my protective styling (though he doesn't call it that). He says that he likes it when I wear my hair pulled back into a twist. I think he's tired of my wavy new growth, though. And I don't think he's totally on board with the falls & phony ponies....:lachen:

ETA: ella, your kitty is so cute! I'm a fellow animal lover.

Dh usually doesn't like it that I wear my hair always up.

Thank you,she's trouble but worth it.:) We rescued her from a life as feral cat.

I wanted to use heat last weekend for the first time in a over a year. My boyfriend says "you know you're supposed to be wearing that fall thing. Put it on and lets go." :lol:

My fiance is 1000% man - he is a man's man............oh really, well not since he met me :lol:

His feminine side has broken through and he can't help himself......over the past month its been like this...........

1st.........erm, do i need to use a toner?
2nd..........i think i need to use some of that scrub stuff on my face, but i refuse to use eye gel that's going too far.:huh:
3rd.............i want to grow my hair now like your's. What do you think i should do to keep it healthy?
4th...........I think i need moisturiser stuff for my hair. Do i put it on before or after my gel?
5th....so can i use some of that stuff you made up for hair growth?

Oh - he also hates anything false and in his opinion women should only wear their own God given hair...............i won't be wearing anymore braid extensions then.

Last edited:
My SO has been really wonderful. He's just as excited as I am feeling my new growth, he knows my products and if he's out and sees something I might be able to use he will write it down for me or look it up online and tell me. He has bought me some of the cutest phony ponies and he's getting into growing his own hair.

We're going to henna together probably next month. Unless he lets me dip dye his goatee first. Hehe.

I too thought I was the only one whose man is ever so involved in the hair growth. There was a time not too long ago that he would be aghast at the amount of money I spent on personal care products - $20 for shampoo? Are you TRYING to make us go broke? Eww well, you go to the smelly store (aromatherapy store for essential oils). And just who noticed we were running low on lavender and went himself? Yep, that would be my honey. To cut and grow natural or C&G was a big topic. Hair braided every two weeks because it's growing so fast - maybe you should do it more often, says he. We even had a discussion about whether I should relax or go natural, the benefits of each. He decided relax after C&G. Why thank you dear.

Sometimes I feel like taking him to Lowe's to buy some power tools or something so he'll give it a rest. :p And yes, dear, I am taking my vitamins. Yes, dear. I bought the L-Lysine. Of course dear, that's a good conditioner for you to use too.:lol:

He cracks me up.

newflowers said:
I too thought I was the only one whose man is ever so involved in the hair growth. There was a time not too long ago that he would be aghast at the amount of money I spent on personal care products - $20 for shampoo? Are you TRYING to make us go broke? Eww well, you go to the smelly store (aromatherapy store for essential oils). And just who noticed we were running low on lavender and went himself? Yep, that would be my honey. To cut and grow natural or C&G was a big topic. Hair braided every two weeks because it's growing so fast - maybe you should do it more often, says he. We even had a discussion about whether I should relax or go natural, the benefits of each. He decided relax after C&G. Why thank you dear.

Sometimes I feel like taking him to Lowe's to buy some power tools or something so he'll give it a rest. :p And yes, dear, I am taking my vitamins. Yes, dear. I bought the L-Lysine. Of course dear, that's a good conditioner for you to use too.:lol:

He cracks me up.

aww that is so cute! :)

avyance said:
My husband ANDDDDD son....really hate that I cut my hair.

Oh my gosh, I swear that they are more into my healthy hair and growth program than I am!!!! My husband took my flat irons!!!:mad:

He rubbed his hands through my hair and says, that he can feel the impacts of me using heat on my hair:eek: .

Ladies, I only used the flat iron once!!!!! Then he says, maybe you used too many products, why don't you wash you hair and start over.:confused:

Now, mind you, my husband is 1000% testosterone!!! WTF???????

Please tell I am not the only one going through this????????:perplexed

Ohhhhhh...my SugahBabe is so into my hair health and growing efforts. He became a believer after he saw some of the before/afters here on LHCF; he stopped using Pert and began to condition his own hair {he was in Idaho this week looking for small airline regulation size hair products, the man bought NEXXUS!!}. He is raving about the difference in his hair. Once I tell him I cannot talk on the phone because I'm 'doing' my shampoo he gets off the phone, tells me he'll call back in an hour!! {Gosh, I Love my Wandering Knight!}

Mine motivates me he has become some what anti relaxer, everytime i mention getting one he says "fine, but remind me touse your head to wash out a drain", or he's like "baby i like your hair long or short, however i know u will make ur goal of having long flowing hair" - he will also wash and condition if i asked him to. Allmy work is brushes off on him,he asked me to give him some coconut oil for his scalp as he felt that dax tar oil wasn't beneficial and was just drying his hair out more. He reports back to me in a couple days saying "....baby my hair is so soft since using the coconut oil, and my scalp is not dry anymore, baby can you get some of them other natral hair and body stuff your buying?? (WE are now going to test out oyins and ashas lol)

Crissi, x

ETA: He also doesn't beleive in good hair and bad hair anymore. Healthy hair is good, unhealthy is bad!

Last edited:
The first 3 months of my finding LHCF was hard, my DH was a little jealous of the time I spent on the computer. He also said he didn't notice much difference in my growth. By the 6 months he started coming around, he started asking questions about what products I was using and why. As time went on my DH would bring me back products (teas, vits, conditioners) when he traveled. After starting my own natural product line, he is now my PR, labeling, web designing man. In less than one year our lives have been truly blessed by God, His wisdom & LHCF. My DH really admires my hair, creativity and hair ministry.

Back