Is anyone else afraid of getting older?

CarmelCupcake

Ever since i turned the age i am now, which is 24, i am so scared to get older!! Today, this 44 year old man told me that men his age would love to have a woman my age. This scares me for when i get older. When i'm 40, I don't want my future man/husband wishing he had a younger women. You guys i am just so scared of getting old!! Does anyone else feel this way?

Ever since i turned the age i am now, which is 24, i am so scared to get older!! Today, this 44 year old man told me that men his age would love to have a woman my age. This scares me for when i get older. When i'm 40, I don't want my future man/husband wishing he had a younger women. You guys i am just so scared of getting old!! Does anyone else feel this way?
I understand what you mean.
I am looking forward to getting older. However I am not looking forward to society's treatment of older women.

I'm 35 and heck no I don't look forward to it. Not for vanity reasons, but I know my body will eventually begin to deteriorate. A woman who I cared for deeply just died back in June and she was 98 so I saw her go downhill and I don't want no parts of that. But what can you do? From the time you start developing in your mom's womb you are aging.

I'm 35 and heck no I don't look forward to it. Not for vanity reasons, but I know my body will eventually begin to deteriorate. A woman who I cared for deeply just died back in June and she was 98 so I saw her go downhill and I don't want no parts of that. But what can you do? From the time you start developing in your mom's womb you are aging.

Yea ur right about that....what can you do.

It is all about how you take care of your body. Eating healthy, drinking water, and regular exercise will slow down the process. Also, start preventing things form happening now (wrinkles) instead of trying to cure them later.

When I was 24 I was embarrassed to tell people my age because I felt so old. :lol:

Now that I'm 40, I love my age and if you can believe it, men love me too!!

Don't worry, everything gets better year by year. That's the truth.

It is all about how you take care of your body. Eating healthy, drinking water, and regular exercise will slow down the process. Also, start preventing things form happening now (wrinkles) instead of trying to cure them later.

Yes, I am doing all of that but that only gets you so far. The human body breaks down more and more as you age...joints become stiff, you begin to move slower and slower, your reaction time isn't as fast as before, memory becomes poorer, gait and balance issues, bones become brittle...even a person with the healthiest of lifestyles can't escape the aging process.

Why are you worrying about something you can't change? You're going to die or get older. There is no third option so there's no need worrying yourself about it. And if you pick the right man he will love your wrinked up self even more. My parents have been married over 50 years and my Dad is still :love2: about my mother. Poor lovestruck man runs around doing her bidding 24/7 Please don't put another iota of your energy into this thinking because it's pointless and potentially destructive.

i dont want long national geographic boobies and the deflated baggy butt*shrugs* i try to keep em in a bra now and do squats but... i am really looking forward to being a granny... Im going to be that old lady that the young girlfriends are low key jealous over {you know, when you dude dont even want to taste your food cause he KNOW you cant do it like her] ... with just mad kids in the house... even if i dont have kids... imm hijack someone's family and be aunty so and so

and there are these old women in the gym - and i mean that with NO disrspect, i idolize em. these old black women, they must be like 60+ at least... one has loooong gray hair she wears in french braid braid out and the other in a low thick bun all black... both of them are hella strong and their bodies make me drop my 28 year old head in shame... it dont crack and its a well oiled machine if you treat it like that... and dont get me started on the old black dudes in there with booties like that got a couple grapefruits tucked in they draws... man droopy what, saggy who...

Last edited:
When I was 24 I was embarrassed to tell people my age because I felt so old. :lol:

Now that I'm 40, I love my age and if you can believe it, men love me too!!

Don't worry, everything gets better year by year. That's the truth.

I'm jelly. You get to officially join the Forty and Fab crew now.

I just turned 28...and started thinking about my mortality...

For some reason 28 is scaring the hell out of me!!

I think 28 is the age that most of us thought of as "old" when we were in our teen years . . . at least that was for me :look: Now that I'm 32 . . . well, I'm just glad to be here. I do agree that each year is better than the last, but I'm a little anxious about starting a family . . . .

No, I'm not. I usually worry about dying an untimely death :look: I just hope I'm able to get older. (I'm so morbid lol)

I don't worry at all. I look young for my age, so I'm alright with it. Just start an anti-aging regimen early in your life, and you should be good for the most part. Im like qchelle though--I worry about dying an untimely death.

A lot of cultures do appreciate older women because they are not a threat sometimes it is because they are older and know things

But even some other societies people still crave younger women.

In America everything is so centered around youth. There is allure about being young anyway. But once the bloom is off the rose most of these people dont' have substance. Cause it is a terrible thing to see older women who have always gotten by on their looks and youth now older and cannot say for instance pull a man like before or keep a man or use her looks to get things. Cause pretty young people lets face it sometimes gets a slide. EVERY day in the world some young girl is turning 18 and another on is turning 21. Hell they are looking at you at 24 thinking that YOU are old. I remember when I was like 16 and I thought my 25 year old cousin was OLD.

Look at the TV and the magazines for plastic surgery working out until you are a size negative zero. Older women trying to act and dress like their daughters Pathetic. With Daffy duck lips and skin strecthed to the max.

Older women walking around in leggings and Yoga pants

IM SORRY when I can see you labia minora and your Labia Majora and you are fully clothed PLEASE go home and change. Moose knuckles and Camel toes are not fashion

It sends a message to younger women that getting old is bad. I makes older women feel like getting older is bad. It isn't it is life. LIfe your life to the fullest each and everyday.

THE orgasms get better with age It just seems like to some people when a women hits 40 her life is supposed to stop. and Sex is only for the young.

It sickens me to see older men running after young and VERY young girls because they are too insecure to find someone age appropriate.Cause they feel the need to have someone look up to them. Or they feel that they can take advantage of younger women because they have been around the block but I have seen in my day younger women that gave older men hell and left them broke busted and disgusted. Just becasue she young she is not necessarly stupid or naive cause she probably had some older chick under her wings like me saying NAW Baby don't believe that man he is talking mess. He is just trying to run game on you

Here is what you do for that>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

But that is okay

But when a older woman is with a younger man people are all up in arms about it.

Don't even sweat it. Embrace the age that you are in.

I remember many years ago my DH joked that it was time to trade me up for a younger model.I said OKAY

Then I will find me a younger man better looking with a bigger Dykc. AND MO MONEY THAN YOU

He was like :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::sad::look:

He was like with the confidence you have you probably would too. I am like TRUST. OKAY TRUST.

If you keep living you are going to get older there are things about getting older that are not pleasant but LIVE baby LIVE.

TAKE care of YOU.
Handle your money and your business
Build your credit
Save your money
Get as much education as you possibly can
BE careful who you marry lay down and have children with.
Travel and see the world as much as you can.
Develop a character and confidence Humbly that NO man or women can match.
Be true to yourself.
Dont' let anyone steal your dreams
BE around exciting women who want to do exciting things

BE like my friend Patricia Laplante-Collins here is a women that moved from Atlanta to Paris back in 1987. OH yeah she had a few I hate to overuse the word "Haters" but she made it and now she is like one of the most popular society women in the Ex-pat community. Yeah now let admite that she came from one of those Talented Tenth families in Atlanta she could have just stayed there and lived her life married to a minister or someone in her community but she chucked it all and took a chance to move to Paris. Oh Patricia but you are OLDER WHY would you want to do something like that. WHY not. Oh you will be back. WELL 22 years later she is STILL there happily doing her things as an OLDER women. She did not sit back as some people would hope and let the world go by she grabbed life by the balls and made it coptiulate the HER whims.

Paris Soirees, About Patricia

This is the time to since you are 24 to make the right decisions in your life so you will have few regrets so I won't see another thread talking about the wrong life choices one has made.

There is NOTHING wrong with getting older and believe me Men like that are nasty. They just want one of 2 things

They screwed up their lives and they are looking for someone to take care of them.

Also they looking for someone to take care of them because THEY are getting older too. Men are just as insecure about getting older as women but society will give them a pass so you CAN look like the Crypt Keeper and have a 24 yo on your arm.

You don't want to die right now and that is the only solution they have right now for not aging. Not unless they could come up with some star treak stuff. And white folks would be on that like Stink on Doo Doo talking about see with this new method I am 78 but I look 48 so I am like a black woman also. I don't crack either. Oh what is your secret Oh I can't tell you. Cause YOU black lady are 98 you look 60 and with this new method that I can't tell you about you will look 24. NOOOOO I can't have you win NOOOOO.

YOU are the architect of your destiny
Make your life a masterpiece.

With much love

From an Older woman

Almaz

Yes, why doesn't our society embrace older women like other cultures?

OMG we are so -----><----- here! lol I'll be 24 on Monday...I'm thinking of just being 23 again...:look:

It's not the getting older I worry about, it's the way I will look. I have always looked young for my age, so now I worry that I am starting to look my age. I think there is some truth to older men wanting a younger woman, but it is for all the wrong reasons. I have a cousin who is 41 and all he wants is a woman in her early 20's who has never had children, has the perfect figure and never traveled anywhere. He wants all of her first experiences (travel, etc..) to be with him. I think that will make him feel good for a little while, but for the long term...I just don't know.

I'm not afraid of getting older. I look at it this way, it's better than the alternative!:lachen:

What does concern me are the health issues that usually come with age. That's why I try to take good care of myself. I don't want to be one of those broken down old ladies spending all of my money on prescriptions.:nono:

I've been hearing people my age talking like this a lot lately. (mid 20s) I'm like, why is it such a bad thing? You're not old. You're 24. You've got at least FIFTY YEARS left before you die the average age for a woman in the US. Fifty years during which you make your life more beautiful every day.

Age is not a bad thing. I travel and do a lot of things right now so that when I am old I will have lots of great stories to tell the young and growing. Besides losing your loved ones and getting sick, aging is not that bad to me. I would like to live to a ripe old age but I imagine that must be hard to see everyone go before you. Oh well....I have a hard time dealing with death more than anything.

Nope. Fear is not something I try to have in my life at all. Plus, when I look at my mother, grandmother & aunts- I have nothing to be scared of.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Really? So the body of a 70 year old is "better" than that of a 30 year old? Really?

Not always, but I can assure you that my body is much better than some 20 year olds :yep: I'm never ashamed to take a shower at the gym, I have nothing to hide!

Some young people today carry a lot of weight that makes them look very old before their time.

Besides, I wasn't really talking about the body.... :) Life in general gets better and better for every year that passes for most people. Finances, emotions, self confidence, love life, career etc etc. The body is just one out of many aspects.

And do you know what the funny part is? The older you get, the more you love your body and accept whatever flaws you have...and when you do that, somehow your man/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend loves it too!

I was just thinking of her! There are many 18 year olds that cannot compete with her body-wise. Honestly!

I've been hearing people my age talking like this a lot lately. (mid 20s) I'm like, why is it such a bad thing? You're not old. You're 24. You've got at least FIFTY YEARS left before you die the average age for a woman in the US. Fifty years during which you make your life more beautiful every day.

I think it's because of society's obsession with you and accomplishing great things at earlier ages. Also, many people in their 20s are not keeping themselves up and experiencing things before they are emotionally ready to handle them, so after being an adult for a short while, I guess some feel like there's nothing to look forward to.

I just try to work out, use good products and be the best me I can be.

I look forward to getting older. I admit in my 20's I was afraid of getting older. Since then I've really gotten in shape. I look and feel better than I did in my 20's.

I'm cosigning with flowerhair, things do get better with time, that is if you're taking care of yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thank you, ALMAZ, for that wonderful post! :clap:

Also, this thread reminded me of a funny story.

When I was 18 and just getting ready to graduate from high school, I went with my mom to her office. (Don't remember the reason why, but I ended up having to hang out there for half a day.) Anyways, I was showing off my prom pictures and all the ladies were oohing and ahhing over me. I just got accepted to my DREAM COLLEGE, had just gone to prom, was graduating from high school with all sorts of accolades and awards . . . and I was a young, fresh faced 18 year old. Needless to say, I was quite smug about it.

But here's the kicker. After chatting with me in the break room, a few of the ladies left and I heard one say to the other, "Man, don't you wish you were that age again?" And the other one said, "Nah. Maybe 25, but definitely not 18."

I was crushed.

:lachen:

Back