Interracial Marriage: Redistribution of weath

Dellas

Has anyone considered the benefits of marrying interracially?

Mainly, Increase in financial wealth if he is a good choice.

Studies always show that whites benefit from inherited wealth. My white friend married a white secretary ....he did not have a lot of money himself...his job paid 50-60k but his dad was a doctor. His Grandmother left him 30K+ at her death and a old wedding ring that was worth 20K. He gave the wedding ring to his new bride. I was like wow. That is some inherited wealth for you. In one instance...we went from being equals in terms of income/debt to him really really doing well. I was like...I should have married ya. Just joking.

I remember someone on this board taking about the redistribution of wealth of black men to white women (athletes/males in the entertainment business). I started thinking...we/black women need to get some of this wealth.

Has anyone ever thought about this? I know this is controversial. We are the only group of women told not to consider a man's financial standing/worth ..financial/college/... when making a decision in terms of race.

Never considered it but I guess that's one of the perks since other races are known for leaving a financial legacy for their children/grandchildren.

I teach my daughter and anyone who will listen...you NEED to consider a man financial situation before even getting serious.

Any man of Any color will bring their financial situation to you when you get married. Whether it is a family heirloom, or a MOUNTAIN OF UNPAID BILLS.

:look:Black or white...They can still be BROKE.

The quoted is a point I make all the time and it says a lot to me that anyone would consider it controversial to insist that black women need to include education/financial stability and the potential for more in their dating choices.

This doesn't only apply to marrying interracially though, and if you marry a broke white dude, obviously there's no benefit. But regardless of the color of the man you marry, as a wife, YOU will benefit (or suffer) from the man's financial status when you enter a marriage, so choose wisely.

I know this is controversial. We are the only group of women told not to consider a man's financial standing/worth ..financial/college/... when making a decision in terms of race.

Back