Inspired by Sylver2 -- The Long-Term Stretch Challenge

I'm not quite sure how far along I am at this point. Maybe 8.5 to 9 months post (I'll do the math later). Just wanted to say that my thickness is delicious!!! My flat ironed hair felt so long and lucious!!! I'm encouraged to continue my stretching a little longer. Maybe a full year! :spinning: this thickness is BEAUTIFUL!!!

A year long stretch sounds tempting.

That would put my next touch up in January. Right in time for my last semester in school :yay:
I think I will do sew ins until October. From October forward, I will get braids.

I'm excited!!!! I want a reveal like Beans ..

I'm not quite sure how far along I am at this point. Maybe 8.5 to 9 months post (I'll do the math later). Just wanted to say that my thickness is delicious!!! My flat ironed hair felt so long and lucious!!! I'm encouraged to continue my stretching a little longer. Maybe a full year! :spinning: this thickness is BEAUTIFUL!!!

The thickness is part of the reason I am transitioning. I went five months last time then relaxed. I just didn't like how thin my hair felt after that last relaxer.

Hi ladies, just popping in......I'm going into my 17 weeks post. Today I tea rinsed, cowashed and DC'd. I'm airdrying now. Can't decide what I want to do with it this week. Thinking of doing Bantu Knots, never done them on air dried hair. Have any of you?
Or I may just bun this week.

35 wks post tomorrow. Showing off my thickness. I'm newly motivated to continue stretching!

March2011.jpg

Yep. Act like you don't see the back flab. I'm still working on it. Now you see why I was wearing the towel at the end of last year. :grin:

I haven't had a relaxer since June 2010, and never really intended to stretch this long. I was considering transitioning to natural, but now I am wondering if I should relax again.

Have any of you have stretched for 1 year?

What was it like when you relaxed again after that year?

My hair is pretty healthy, and about APL, but I want to get it to BSL. I'm wondering if the stretching for so long is gonna hurt my goal. Any thoughts?

Your hair is gorgeous. You are inspiring me to go a year, you make it look so easy.

35 wks post tomorrow. Showing off my thickness. I'm newly motivated to continue stretching!

March2011.jpg

Yep. Act like you don't see the back flab. I'm still working on it. Now you see why I was wearing the towel at the end of last year. :grin:

Get it girl :grin: I'm loving that hair gorgeous hair of yours :spinning:

March2011.jpg

Njoy u r such an inspiration! I am 24wks post and plan to transition for 2yrs! I have so many products i need to use up that i cant get any braids!

After seeing NJoy's progress, I think after this stretch i will do another one year. THINK is the key word.

I am going to end this stretch in May and that will be 6 mos. Then I plan on not relaxing until June 2012 when I am back in the good old USA!!!!

I haven't had a relaxer since June 2010, and never really intended to stretch this long. I was considering transitioning to natural, but now I am wondering if I should relax again.

Have any of you have stretched for 1 year?

What was it like when you relaxed again after that year?

My hair is pretty healthy, and about APL, but I want to get it to BSL. I'm wondering if the stretching for so long is gonna hurt my goal. Any thoughts?

Beans did and I want to say Southern Stunner did too. And, of course, Sylver2 the stretching Queen has done one as well.

So when my hair was protected under sew ins, I did the one year stretch easily....but have NEVER gone for more than 9-10 weeks with my hair out all willy nilly. :) I'll try this round to go 13 weeks...and if it's successful I'll go longer after each relaxer (16-18 sounds good for my next stretch). I'm at 4 weeks post relaxer and I'm already looking at my nape wondering how I'm going to bun at work as time progresses with it already looking so rough. (Had alot of nape/edge damage that I'm trying to recover from) :( Wish me luck, chicas...this should be interesting. *bites nails*

You are doing your thing! I have to keep peeping in for inspiration from you. I'm ending this stretch on April 26 at 24 wks if I can last that long. This is rough and I hope that I'm not doing more harm than good. Every Sat I take my time and rollerset 20+ weeks post relaxer hair and then flat iron or blow out the roots only. Monday through Sat it goes up into a bun. Yes, I lose hair rollersetting so I really hope that I'm not doing more harm than good.:sad::sad::sad: I'm using Aveda this weekend. That usually works miracles.

NJoy :lovedrool: @ the thickness

I have abandoned the weekly flat-ironing of the ng, I saw a significant increase in splits, there was some breakage too :nono: too much manipulation.

Did I ever come back with the math? I'm 35 wks post and threatening to go a full year. But uh...you know me. It'll be a month-by-month decision.

But, look at all the dang thickness!!! :lick:

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can!

Hmph! Let me mess around and get this detangling thing down pat. Then it's game over! :lol:

Detangling all this ng is getting crazy. I think I'm ready to texlax Friday or Saturday. 37 wks will have to do cuz I'm done. *folds arms* Stay tuned.

Hey ladies I'm starting my second stretch of the year, this time I want to go 18 weeks which will bring me right up to when school starts in the fall.

I had to do a corrective for my last stretch, and the corrective didn't even really correct anything, it only texlax my roots. I still don't know what I want to do yet. I was texlaxed before but I went to a salon and they over processed all of my hair so I've been bone straight ever since.

I think this is the perfect opportunity for me to get back to texlaxing. We'll see how this goes

^^ That's why I backed out of my 6 month stretch. When it comes time for me to get my hair relaxed, it never comes out even and "CORRECT"

Even though I might be doing a 6+ month stretch by default simply because I will be getting weaves back to back this summer....:look:

16 weeks post on Wednesday and also got an full head install. Hoping that last for 8 weeks, just in time to do a length check for HYH reveal. I'm not planning on relaxing until September the earliest.

I am stretching for 6 months at a time. I think that will allow me 3 months of me time and 3 months of my beloved wig time :)

Then I can relax with no issues. I went 9.5 months relaxer free I think limiting it to 6 months will be it. :)

Does anyone manage to stretch successfully for six months and longer without wigs and weaves? Well I know Sylver has/does - but anyone else?

Back