Inspired by Sylver2 -- The Long-Term Stretch Challenge

I'm here 18wks post. I was suppose to stay on schedule and shapoo, protein treatment, dc but I am too tired. I will do it tomorrow!

I'll be 16 weeks post on Friday. Trying to decide if I'm going to relax or continue my stretch up to 26 weeks. My new growth is fierce right now and I hate to even touch my hair! I am getting some breakage, so it may be best to just end this stretch at 16 weeks. The bright side is that I'll finally be APL once I relax!! I'm being very agressive this year. No more slacking. I WILL BE BSL BY DECEMBER 2011!!!:grin:

NJoy, thanks for being an inspiration for positive affirmations! I read your interview on Relaxed Hair Health and was VERY inspired by your journey.:yep:

I'll be 16 weeks post on Friday. Trying to decide if I'm going to relax or continue my stretch up to 26 weeks. My new growth is fierce right now and I hate to even touch my hair! I am getting some breakage, so it may be best to just end this stretch at 16 weeks. The bright side is that I'll finally be APL once I relax!! I'm being very agressive this year. No more slacking. I WILL BE BSL BY DECEMBER 2011!!!:grin:

@NJoy, thanks for being an inspiration for positive affirmations! I read your interview on Relaxed Hair Health and was VERY inspired by your journey.:yep:

Girl, you can do it! And your thickness of your ng is :lick:!!!!

Checking in ;)

I'm still in braids and I'll be 27wks post this week and still stretching to 32weeks (8mths) :grin: I actually cannot wait to relax to see how much progress I have made :grin:

NJoy, you and silvia are really my hair stretch inspirations.

I have reached my 12 week goal; however, just as I imagined, I'm pushing it back. My longest recorded stretch is 13 weeks and my dream goal is 24 weeks. So In 1 week I will be able to exceed my longest stretch and if I want to reach my dream stretch goal I have 12 more weeks to go... YIKES!!

My hair has been in a sew in for 3 weeks so I can't do a length check. I want to leave this in for at least 6-8 weeks.

are you talking about me ??:blush::blush:

AWWWWW ! be strong girl !! you can do it!
we all have some weak days..but stay motivated and remember what made you start stretching :yep:

checking in myself...
im almost 25 weeks post and doing pretty well !
my hair is getting thicker...:yep: .. plus i can touch my hair at my back:grin:
i keep on doing my thing and i will do a length check in some few months and upDate you guys!

• one thing that have change in my regimen is washing my hair in braids.
    i don't experience tangles that much with that way:yep:

Last edited:
Yep. That's it for me. All was going well but, I had my first real detangling nightmare when I DC without detangling my hair first (:wallbash:) Crisis is over but, that's my cue to texlax. I never did get any stretching breakage but said if I got any, my stretch would be over. Well, I got some. Maybe not as much as it could've been but, any breakage is my cue. So, I'm gonna texlax on March 3rd or 4th. That will give me time to prep my hair and fit it into my schedule. I'll be 31 weeks post. Hmm. I might as well wait for 32 wks (8 mos) huh? Somebody throw a shoe at me. :lachen:

The more I think about it, the more excited I am about the idea of texlaxing. So, if time permits, I may texlax this Wednesday at 30 wks. I'm ready to get back to some of my earlier hair practices without having to tippy toe around my ng.

Daily cowashing, here I come!

Last edited:
Ok so I am now 13.5 weeks post (my longest recorded stretch) and I am having a killer urge to relax! I am still in a sew in, I really just miss my hair, I feel like snatching it off and slapping on some ORS... LOL. *sigh* I see a hair appointment in the near future. I guess my stretch will be ending at 14 weeks post :look:

Last edited:
Ok so I am now 13.5 weeks post (my longest recorded stretch) and I am having a killer urge to relax! I am still in a sew in, I really just miss my hair, I feel like snatching it off and slapping on some ORS... LOL. *sigh* I see a hair appointment in the near future. I guess my stretch will be ending at 14 weeks post :look:

hang in there girl :) your doing great so far ! you can do it:drunk:

I logged on this morning just to find this thread!!!! Well I'm nearing the 12 week mark and instead of relaxing @ 16 weeks I'm going to stretch it out a little longer. My initial goal will be 20 weeks. I'll make a decision about going longer once I hit that milestone. I may try to go all spring/summer, I may not. Only time will tell. My stretching reggie:

co-wash at LEAST 3x's/week
Tea Rinse 1-2x's/week
DC a minimum of 1-2 x/week (based on Tea Rinses)
Moisturize and seal as needed

Buns, bantu knots and more buns are in my immediate future. My bi weekly hair appts will fall to once a month.

I finally got my tangle teezer. Takes takes the puffiness of my ng right out, I feel like I could stretch indefinitely with this thing...good thing I got backups :look:

Hello my stretching sisters! I'm checking in at 30 weeks post. No complaints, no breakage. I am going to easily make it to one year post, so I am going to aim for December, to make it about a year and a half post- my longest.

Let's keep it up!!!!!!!!

My 11week post new growth. It's officially starting to take over lol. 6months seems like it might be battle lol. It has helped me to see I'm mostly 4a texture.
4a4a948b-a653-eb71.jpg

BEANS!!!! I miss your posts!!

How is your hair styled? Updated regimen?

Tell me something girl :lol:

Awww thank you sis!!! Right now, the only product change is Joico. I'm loving the mess out of the Joico products. Other than that, I used to be so anti-heat, but this time around in my stretch, I'm actually using heat and loving it. Its making this stretch easy! I'm not abusing heat though! My last time I used heat was about three weeks ago and before that, two months ago.

My hair is currently bunned for the week though and I stick to the stretching basics: moisture, moisyure, moisture, and little to zero manipulation during the week.

HHG!

@ njoy, did you texlax? im eager to hear about your update.

im 9 weeks into this stretch, only 27 weeks to go lol

@ njoy, did you texlax? im eager to hear about your update.

im 9 weeks into this stretch, only 27 weeks to go lol

Not yet, girl. I'm scheduled to texlax on Wed or Thurs, depending on how things are going with my mom. She starts chemo on Wed. So, if push comes to shove, I may be forced to continue my stretch. But, I'm ready to texlax so that I can get back to my old haircare practices and stop tippy-toe'g around all this fabulous ng.

Can't lie. I'm tempted to hold on til June, which is my birthday month but, if I hang on til June, might as well hold out til July. That'll put me at 1 year post. :rolleyes: Girl, don't get me started again. :lol:

Wednesay or Thursday it is....if I can find the time.

divachyk how do your ends hold up with your buns?

I'm only 2 months post right now, but call me crazy cause my roots are THICK. Not much there, but what IS there, is thick. Haven't been taking my nioxin vitamins daily like I should, but off and on. About to start on sulfur and pick back up on my vitamins.

Quick question though. I'm going to Vegas in May, and I will be 4 months post. I want a weave though...should I relax for the weave, or just keep on going?

Curlybeauty - my ends hold up great. I moisturize/seal them at least 1x daily even if I don't moisturize/seal my entire head. I also baggy my ends overnight about 99% of the time.

Erm, yea...I forgot that I cannot longer airdry without product after 20 weks post. My ng feels crispy and tangles. Oh, and no more airdrying loose either. Back to saturating my ng with leave-in when wet, while in two mini buns :yep:

8 months post today. Don't be impressed tho. If I had the time, I would've texlaxed by now. I just got over having a few of my braids knot together TIGHT. I was going to try to take my time to detangle but, with all the stress that I'm under with my mom dealing with cancer, it just seemed so trivial. So I ripped my braids loose and the knot out and didn't look back. Oh there was damage done but I haven't bothered to check how much. It's just not that serious to me right now. Worse case scenario, I'll have to trim back and allow a few more months to grow it back. *shrugs*

That said, I'm ready to texlax just because I don't have the time to worry about what my hair's doing. So again, if I have time, I'm planning to texlax on Sunday. But again, we'll see. :rolleyes:

i've decided i'm going to relax again on august 1st.
i've only been stretching since the fourth of february, and everything is great so far.
hhj ladies!

I'll be 30 weeks post this week :yay: never stretched this long! In some ways I am ready to touch-up and other ways I'm not (want more new-growth). I really am hoping that I retained all of my growth except the shedded hair of course. I am relaxing 1 day short of 33 weeks, 8 months post :blush:.

Back