Inspired by Sylver2 -- The Long-Term Stretch Challenge

Just updating...18 weeks post. I plan to start using different leave-ins on my ng vs. relaxed hair around week 20.

10 weeks post relaxer. I was going for 12, but just as I assumed earlier into my stretch, I'm extending it. I'm going for 16 now. I'll take it 4 weeks at a time.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I am still stretching and it is actually easier since I have started using cermaide oils. I use this applicator bottle called roots only to get down to my new growth and using the oils have helped my new growth behave much better.

I am about 13 weeks post I think and I wont relax until May so I will be 6mos post when I do.

Stay strong ladies.

I am still stretching and it is actually easier since I have started using cermaide oils. I use this applicator bottle called roots only to get down to my new growth and using the oils have helped my new growth behave much better.

I am about 13 weeks post I think and I wont relax until May so I will be 6mos post when I do.

Stay strong ladies.

which ceramides are you using? I think I'd like to start using them to help with my next stretch.

I hate when my relaxed hair idols decide to transition. It is so frustrating :nono:

*le sigh* with that being said, i'm just going to pray that Njoy doesn't transition.

checking in.. washed and air dry my hair and after put my hair into braids to somehow stretch my roots...removed them this morning..did a bun and i can say my hair looks pretty good for almost 23 weeks post ;)

I hate when my relaxed hair idols decide to transition. It is so frustrating :nono:

*le sigh* with that being said, i'm just going to pray that Njoy doesn't transition.

girl, keep praying. I'm 27 wks post and have no idea how my hair is holding up. I've been so busy with both parents in the hospital that i'm totally neglecting my hair. I'm still streching out of sheer exhaustion. I haven't committed to a transition.

My stretch is coming to a halt. Even after I detangle my roots out they are locking back together. I'm going to treat with an Aphogee 2 step this weekend and relax next weekend at 24 weeks post. I'm so excited to use my throwback fave, Phyto Index 2.

yay im officially 23 weeks today :D

Awesome. So when's relax day for you? And are you texlaxing or bonelaxing?

I'm planning to end my stretch on the 9th at 28wks, assuming I can catch a break with running back and forth to the hospital with my parents. I don't think I want to continue stretching while neglecting my hair so much. So, Wednesday is the day with Thursday as my back up day. :yep:

My stretch is coming to a halt. Even after I detangle my roots out they are locking back together. I'm going to treat with an Aphogee 2 step this weekend and relax next weekend at 24 weeks post. I'm so excited to use my throwback fave, Phyto Index 2.

Hi Kacie,
What are you using to detangle and how are you detangling? I am not an expert but I have heard people say that the 2 Step makes hair hard. I don't think it will be ok to have hard hair that is locking together. IMO It may lead to breakage.

NJoy It is great to see you back! Hope all goes well with your parents and your hair, too.

Awesome. So when's relax day for you? And are you texlaxing or bonelaxing?

I'm planning to end my stretch on the 9th at 28wks, assuming I can catch a break with running back and forth to the hospital with my parents. I don't think I want to continue stretching while neglecting my hair so much. So, Wednesday is the day with Thursday as my back up day. :yep:

Well this friday I'll be 24 weeks post =] .. not ready to relax yet so I haven't set a date ! Wishing you good luck on the 9th! And hope all get well with your family ;)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

i relaxed last night at 18.5 weeks.
with everything that's going on i've been so stressed, and the new growth was really kicking my butt.
i'll post pictures later.
good luck everyone!

Njoy i hope all is well with your parents!

I wash and condition with Joico Kpak today! Also use the aphogee 2 min recon, followed up with elucence mb as my dc! Used elucence mb as my leave in as well as chi silk infusion! i let my air airdrty i plaits, than did bantu knots using qhemet BRBC and olive oil. I'm also 17 wks post today!

Hey hun :)

I'm trying to stretch as long as I can without having another setback. My hair is recovering from the setback I had and I am trying to get it back to where it was before actually I'm trying to get my hair healthier than it was before...

Right now my hair is short and I would have to flat it everyday for it to look good. I keep it molded but it sometimes look boring so I decided to have it braided to grow it out some more.. That's where the stretching comes in.... I will definitely post pictures.

hey girl :) well done! 25 weeks aint no joke :grin: will it be possible to see any progress pics ??:D

Hey hun :)

I'm trying to stretch as long as I can without having another setback. My hair is recovering from the setback I had and I am trying to get it back to where it was before actually I'm trying to get my hair healthier than it was before...

Right now my hair is short and I would have to flat it everyday for it to look good. I keep it molded but it sometimes look boring so I decided to have it braided to grow it out some more.. That's where the stretching comes in.... I will definitely post pictures.

oh :) dont worry ! im also recovering from a setback (the right side of my hair is thinner and shorter than the right:ohwell:)

so you'll definitely recover from it! im also stretching to even my two sides and make my hair thicker!:yep:

so keep it up!

Good day ladies,

Checking in, I'm 7 weeks into my 37 weeks stretch. Only 30 more to go. LOL. I'm getting a weave done next week, which I plan to keep in for 8 weeks. Then I'll continue weaving 8 weeks in 2 weeks out until I get to my goal.

Sheepishly coming in....I think I wanna do a stretch. I figure I can do it now well it is winter and I have no man (LOL, sorry but if I have a man I like to keep it tight). Anyway, I am going to try really hard this time. I am planning to load up on conditioners and oils this week.

I want to stretch till July 15th. This is going to be a big day for me because I will also be coming off my "dating" sabbatical. So on that note, lets the big bushy hair begin.

This will be cool to add to my blog. I was going to post a relaxer ready at the end of the month but I'll just do a stretch video instead. I'm excited.

So I think I'm gonna play Russian Roulette and continue my stretch instead of relaxing on Wednesday. I keep pushing it back month by month, huh? Actually, I just think I'll push it back 2 more weeks so that I can better prepare my hair for processing. So, that's my new plan. I want to DC, and oil my hair up for a bit before texlaxing. I don't know WHAT condition my hair is in right now. I have been totally neglecting my hair lately. Time to get back in touch and back in control. Yiiiiiikes! What am I doing out here talking about a 30 wk stretch. 14 wks is the longest I've ever gone. I'm out on a limb now. Woo! :)

Ahhhhhh. So here I am after I've had a chance to DC and oil rinse my hair last night. Oh my goodness! I don't know if the thickness was from taking my hair out of those 2-strand twists or just the thickness of so much natural hair but, I was loving it!!! I LOVED being under the shower and feeling the length and thickness so much. Oh, and I've had an opportunity to assess the condition of my hair during this stretch. I see no breakage. There's no rush to relax at all. That said, I'll probably do a trim within the next couple days, just to feel like I'm really taking time to do something to my hair. AND, I want to start evening out these layers bit by bit. But, as for relaxing. 2 weeks minimum or...well, you know. I may have to reassess next month. :grin:

In the shower, I was really struggling with the texlax or transition thing. I think that I'm going to texlax my way to my goal length and then think about transitioning without BC'g. *shrugs* But don't quote me on that. That's today's plan. :lachen:

Soooo...am I officially out here talking to myself? Where's everyone and what's going on witcha?

I think I'm doing a better job at dealing with my ng now as opposed to the beginning of my stretch. It's giving me no trouble, but then again, I'm not bothering it much lately either so... But, I do plan to do a DC with coconut cream and yogurt to soften my ng anyway. If I can keep going at this pace, I'll move my goal to the end of March and see what happens. I already pushed my goal back to next week @ 30 wks post but, if the coconut and yogurt helps and my hair seems to be doing ok, I'll definitely push back to 35 weeks (hold up. what? :thud:). But as always, we'll see. That's a lot of ng to be texlaxing. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
NJoy, you and silvia are really my hair stretch inspirations.

I have reached my 12 week goal; however, just as I imagined, I'm pushing it back. My longest recorded stretch is 13 weeks and my dream goal is 24 weeks. So In 1 week I will be able to exceed my longest stretch and if I want to reach my dream stretch goal I have 12 more weeks to go... YIKES!!

My hair has been in a sew in for 3 weeks so I can't do a length check. I want to leave this in for at least 6-8 weeks.

Back