Inspired by Sylver2 -- The Long-Term Stretch Challenge

I got it here in the Bahamas but you can find it at CVS stores in the US or online:

here http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/bleahapr.html,
here http://houseofbeautyworld.com/tawableapr.html
here http://www.naturalhair.org/

and a few other online stores as well.
I was in Nassau a couple weeks ago visiting a friend and whenever I'm there I can never find good hair products in the BSS. I actually almost bought that same spray when I was there but the consistency seemed off... almost like it was gel-like.

It would have been cool to hook up with a fellow LHCFer all the way in the Bahamas! :giggle:

Thanks Aggie!

You're welcomed janeemat.

I was in Nassau a couple weeks ago visiting a friend and whenever I'm there I can never find good hair products in the BSS. I actually almost bought that same spray when I was there but the consistency seemed off... almost like it was gel-like.

It would have been cool to hook up with a fellow LHCFer all the way in the Bahamas! :giggle:

You were here. Wow! Yeah I found the mist bodifier in a natural haircare salon on Robinson Road called Nubian Styles. Itlooks gel-like but it's not. It sprays on very good and really moisturizes my hair. I love it a lot and a little goes a pretty long way too:yep:.

I cant remember the store I saw it in, but it was the last one on the shelf so I thought that maybe it was old. Now I'm mad that I didn't get it! Darnit... now I gotta hunt for it!

I'll have to hit you up next time I'm there... which is every other month or so!

I cant remember the store I saw it in, but it was the last one on the shelf so I thought that maybe it was old. Now I'm mad that I didn't get it! Darnit... now I gotta hunt for it!

I'll have to hit you up next time I'm there... which is every other month or so!

I heard it is supposed to have already hit the CVS stores in the US or you can get it online at www.naturalhair.org or www.afrokinks.com and a few others.

I've made my first goal of 6 months. I've decided to continue to relax instead of transitioning. I will update my avatar and restart my fotki journey when I relax in the near future.:yep:

I've made my first goal of 6 months. I've decided to continue to relax instead of transitioning. I will update my avatar and restart my fotki journey when I relax in the near future.:yep:

Congrats on reaching your first stretch goal DDT:yep:.

I finally accomplished 40 weeks of stretching today. It felt like forever and I am not even half-way into it yet. Halway would be at 48 weeks (88 weeks of stretching, here I come:yep::look:).

Last edited:
I finally accomplished 40 weeks of stretching today. It felt like forever and I am not even half-way into it yet. Halway would be at 44 weeks (88 weeks of stretching, here I come:yep::look:).

WOW!!! :notworthy:notworthy

And I am crying about getting to week 39. Great job Aggie!

I finally accomplished 40 weeks of stretching today. It felt like forever and I am not even half-way into it yet. Halway would be at 44 weeks (88 weeks of stretching, here I come:yep::look:).
Impressive! :yep:

Wish I had what it takes to do a mini chop and transition to texlaxed. Right now I have about 5 inches of texlaxed hair and maybe 6 inches of bone strait hair. :nono:

Impressive! :yep:

Wish I had what it takes to do a mini chop and transition to texlaxed. Right now I have about 5 inches of texlaxed hair and maybe 6 inches of bone strait hair. :nono:

The bolded is the whole reason for my decision to do a transition instead. The two to three textures are too much to manage all on one head:lachen:. I tried but to no avail.

Thanks beans but it's really not easy seeing all this new growth on my head when all these straight haired gals are swingin' those gorgeous tresses all in my face:nono:. I have a goal in mind and I am doing my best to stick with it:yep:.

Your hair looks thick and healthy Southern Stunner..good job!

I am @ 20 weeks now. I gave in and got tree braids, and am thinking of keeping, (and re-doing as necessary) until February (weather warms up a bit then).

Well i guess I'll see how that goes.

Today makes it exactly 1 year since my last perm.. Wow I cant believe I made it thus far..I was planning on relaxing later in the month..But I have become addicted to wigs...lol..I'm in the mist of a hard descision..I think I want to stretch till May..I havent taken any updated photos..I do go and get my hair rebraided next week..I can post pic of the wigs I own, and my corn roll style that I wear under the wigs..I made it thru my stretch with sew-ins, braids, and wigs..I am kinda hair styling remedial...if that makes any sense..lol..I dont post that often, but all you ladies are a great inspiration...

^^^^ Demetrius Roberts :worship2:

Currently 1 month post as of today. I want to stretch till April 6, 2010 @ 6 moths post. I'm praying I come close to it. But i mostly won't. I tried last time and i only made it to month 4 and I cave in. Sigh.. Oh how i wish.

Last edited:
Hey ladies I am back for round 2!!! I am currently 13 weeks of 24~ :grin:

rocking a sewin until Christmas! :spinning: Relaxing Valentines day! :drunk:

I'm almost 13 weeks. I haven't fully decided how long I will stretch for, I'm just going with the flow. I planned on getting a touch up on the 12th but I'm not ready to relax yet. I just bought GVP version of Paul Mitchell the detangler and Mane 'n tail detangler to help with detangling. I've just been washing, DC, moisturizing and putting my hair in a bun.

How do you all calculate how many weeks post you are? My last touch up was on Aug 13th, so I count every Thursday after that as one week, is that how its done?

I am 6 weeks post and I am already in braids. I think my braids are almost 2 weeks old. I have also decided to do another 1 yr stretch. They are addictive and I loved my results to my first 1 yr stretch. I think I am doing too many co-washes cause they are slipping already and I dont get the edges redone until 20 Nov. so I need to slow down but I love the feel of water on my scalp.

Just an update ladies.

SouthernStunner

How do you all calculate how many weeks post you are? My last touch up was on Aug 13th, so I count every Thursday after that as one week, is that how its done?

If August 13th was a Thursday then yes, that's how I count my weeks too.

:hiya2:
Haven't posted here in forever!

Well done ladies!!!!

I'm 46 weeks post and I have at least 32 weeks left of my transition... It's going so much better than I expected.

HHG Ladies!!!!

:congrats: I think the second half will just fly by Aggie, I was 39 weeks post and had 39 to go and 7 weeks have flown by already!!!!

beans4reezy, looking forward to your next progress pic! Loved your last one :yep:

:congrats: I think the second half will just fly by Aggie, I was 39 weeks post and had 39 to go and 7 weeks have flown by already!!!!

beans4reezy, looking forward to your next progress pic! Loved your last one :yep:

Thanks MummysGirl. I can't wait to complete this stretch. I am going to have to celebrate in a big way when it's all over...:yep:

ETA : I just went back to edit this post you quoted from 44 weeks remaining in my stretch to 48 addtional weeks to go:grin:.

Back