Inspired by Sylver2 -- The Long-Term Stretch Challenge

I thought i posted somewhere in the last few pages of this thread but i dont see it......oh well, i have 2 days left to go to hit 14 weeks, its still going well, i have 2 inches of NG, 3 inches stretched! So its crazy up there. I just have to keep reminding myself that the basics are best and not to try any new stuff at this stage, this point of stretching is not the time to be experimenting.

Relaxed at 26 weeks....Starting over now! I got some good growth and a nice trim. I will be full APL at the end of this next stretch. I am touching APL now...Yay! Right now my hair is almost the length I used to wear when it was weaved up! So happy :)

Hurry up 6 months...Grow Grow Grow...

Last edited:
Hey ladies! I am officially joining! I am 13 weeks post and I am doing a 6 month stretch! I am BSL now and hope to be at least some where near MBL lol! I will be using wigs and braids and lots of conditioner!!

I just ended a 1yr stretch and I love my growth. I am starting over with my stretch again so I am 1 week and 4 days :look: I say I will wait til 6 mos but I am really thinking of doing another 1yr stretch. Just toying with the idea. Will confirm later.

I just ended a 1yr stretch and I love my growth. I am starting over with my stretch again so I am 1 week and 4 days :look: I say I will wait til 6 mos but I am really thinking of doing another 1yr stretch. Just toying with the idea. Will confirm later.

:needpics:

SouthernStunner I've been waaaaaaaiting for your post stretch pics! Don't hold out on us. Those of us on longterm stretches are dying to see the results of 52 weeks.

please :blush3: *batting eyelashes*

Relaxed at 26 weeks....Starting over now! I got some good growth and a nice trim. I will be full APL at the end of this next stretch. I am touching APL now...Yay! Right now my hair is almost the length I used to wear when it was weaved up! So happy :)

Hurry up 6 months...Grow Grow Grow...

Congrats PGirl and SouthernStunner on reaching your stretch goals.

Okay, ladies. I've been watching LHCF since March 2009, but I finally convinced myself to pay for a subscription, and I have a feeling this will be the best $7 I will ever invest into my hair. I just wanted to say I'm extremely proud to finally be apart of LHCF, and I look forward to making long strides of progress. Congratulations to those who have finished their stretches and I also wish the very best to those continuing!

I was natural from March to July until I texlaxed, putting me at shoulder length with Phyto I. My hair was thriving and healthy and then I made the horrible decision to self-BKT, which devastated my hair and I've been combating the damage ever since. Originally the results were great, but in combination with notorious no-lye relaxer dryness and excessive heat, despite my best efforts to spare my hair of both, my hair quickly started showing signs of severe damage. I've been stretching since July and as of tomorrow I will officially be 3 months post. I plan to go a full six months until January, which works out perfectly because of my birthday. I then plan to either texlax or relax with a lye relaxer and get a trim.

I know this challenge started in May (or was it April? w/e)...is it too late to join? If not, then sign me up. If not, I'll still be here, because I desperately need the support right now.

Helping me to stretch:
Co-washing
Low Manipulation/Leave NG alone
Absolutely no heat
Bantu knots (wearing these at home, only taking them out to leave the house, extreme protective styling, babying and hiding those ends!)
DCing
Continual Moisture

Happy stretching! :wave:

I've been following your stretch and progress since the challenge started...needless to say I'm very impressed! Congratulations!

Okay, ladies. I've been watching LHCF since March 2009, but I finally convinced myself to pay for a subscription, and I have a feeling this will be the best $7 I will ever invest into my hair. I just wanted to say I'm extremely proud to finally be apart of LHCF, and I look forward to making long strides of progress. Congratulations to those who have finished their stretches and I also wish the very best to those continuing!

I was natural from March to July until I texlaxed, putting me at shoulder length with Phyto I. My hair was thriving and healthy and then I made the horrible decision to self-BKT, which devastated my hair and I've been combating the damage ever since. Originally the results were great, but in combination with notorious no-lye relaxer dryness and excessive heat, despite my best efforts to spare my hair of both, my hair quickly started showing signs of severe damage. I've been stretching since July and as of tomorrow I will officially be 3 months post. I plan to go a full six months until January, which works out perfectly because of my birthday. I then plan to either texlax or relax with a lye relaxer and get a trim.

I know this challenge started in May (or was it April? w/e)...is it too late to join? If not, then sign me up. If not, I'll still be here, because I desperately need the support right now.

Helping me to stretch:
Co-washing
Low Manipulation/Leave NG alone
Absolutely no heat
Bantu knots (wearing these at home, only taking them out to leave the house, extreme protective styling, babying and hiding those ends!)
DCing
Continual Moisture

Happy stretching! :wave:

Hi and welcome to LHCF and to the LTS challenge. I know it feels good to finally come out of Lurkdom. Enjoy your hair journey here and remember if you have any questions or helpful suggestions, you are more than welcomed to share with the group.

~HUGS~

By the way ladies, guess what? I am now today at 37 weeks post. I had made another blunder of a miscalculation and not effectively kept up with how many weeks post I am.

I thought I was going to be 36 weeks today, but low and behold - it's 37 weeks into my stretch today.

I am slowly creeping along and getting there - slooooowly:grin:. Anyway 51 more weeks to go. I was going for a year, but it just got longer. Now I am going for a 20 month stretch minimum:yep:.

Hi and welcome to LHCF and to the LTS challenge. I know it feels good to finally come out of Lurkdom. Enjoy your hair journey here and remember if you have any questions or helpful suggestions, you are more than welcomed to share with the group.

~HUGS~

Hello, thank you very much! I've been following your stretch as well and I can firmly say that you're an inspiration. :yep:

I'm going for a longer stretch than usual inspired by this thread.

Tomorrow will be 12 weeks, but I'm continuing on to 15 weeks (Oct 30) and then I will get my touch-up. If I do well and there is no breakage, I'll try again and again with an eye to go 20 weeks.

WISH ME LUCK!!!!! :pepper:

Tomorrow will be 12 weeks, but I'm continuing on to 15 weeks (Oct 30) and then I will get my touch-up. If I do well and there is no breakage, I'll try again and again with an eye to go 20 weeks.

Tomorrow is 12 weeks for me as well! :grin: Good luck!

Ooooh you're doing it JN! Congrats honey. You will make that 20 week target.

I have decided since I'm crossing the half way mark tomorrow that I will incorporate more weekly oil rinses into my stretching regimen. I used to be really big on using oils, especially for rinsing, but I've gotten lazy and as I go further into my stretch, I think oil rinsing will be key to detangling. I even thought today that WHEN (not if) I get to the 6 month mark and I see myself going farther, I will continue to stretch...or maybe I will transition...I don't know. Off to add to my EO collection... :rolleyes:

Checking in at 26 weeks post Wednesday and have decided to texlax this Friday so stay tuned!!! I was going to go until the 16th but i'm going to be too busy and will not have the time. I'm currently researching texlaxing in sections and adding protein and oils into my relaxer. I know it's going to be bitter sweet becuase I have a whole new respect for my new growth but yet i'm ready to go back to my easy peasy routine. Detangling has gotten the best of me. I am a little scared about the results my hair has been very tangled and matted so i'm hoping the results come out good. I've been detangling here and there since Sunday and realize that the dry bunning was turning my hair into dreads :( So that is a lesson to be learned. I'll keep all you ladies posted and will be putting up pics and recording a vid.

By the way ladies, guess what? I am now today at 37 weeks post. I had made another blunder of a miscalculation and not effectively kept up with how many weeks post I am.

I thought I was going to be 36 weeks today, but low and behold - it's 37 weeks into my stretch today.

I am slowly creeping along and getting there - slooooowly:grin:. Anyway 51 more weeks to go. I was going for a year, but it just got longer. Now I am going for a 20 month stretch minimum:yep:.

Are You transitioning?

^^ I am trying to transition to natural. I've decided after this 2 year stretch period, I'll know by then if i can handle going natural or not. If I can't handle it I'll probably just relax again. My hair looks texlaxed a week after its relaxed so :/

Well done on getting to 26 weeks :yay: You know you can do it again if you want to :-) I'm looking forward to seeing pictures

Dry and wet bunning are the only things that cause my new growth to tangle ridiculously! This is why I stopped doing this about 30 weeks post. I now dry my hair in cornrows or flat twists when not in my extensionless braids).

Checking in at 26 weeks post Wednesday and have decided to texlax this Friday so stay tuned!!! I was going to go until the 16th but i'm going to be too busy and will not have the time. I'm currently researching texlaxing in sections and adding protein and oils into my relaxer. I know it's going to be bitter sweet becuase I have a whole new respect for my new growth but yet i'm ready to go back to my easy peasy routine. Detangling has gotten the best of me. I am a little scared about the results my hair has been very tangled and matted so i'm hoping the results come out good. I've been detangling here and there since Sunday and realize that the dry bunning was turning my hair into dreads :( So that is a lesson to be learned. I'll keep all you ladies posted and will be putting up pics and recording a vid.

Last edited:
Just checking in..I am taking down my kinky twist tonight..Then sat I will be going to get my hair braided with no extensions, and then wigging it up for the remainder of my 1 yr stretch..Wow I am almost there..Nov 6 2008 was my last perm and i am kinda at a dilema... Im not for sure if i want to perm my hair although I want to see it straight...All of you ladies are inspiration, and have given helpful tips to help with this stretch....I dont check in much but I will take a pic tonight of my hair at 48 weeks post..:shocked:

Just checking in..I am taking down my kinky twist tonight..Then sat I will be going to get my hair braided with no extensions, and then wigging it up for the remainder of my 1 yr stretch..Wow I am almost there..Nov 6 2008 was my last perm and i am kinda at a dilema... Im not for sure if i want to perm my hair although I want to see it straight...All of you ladies are inspiration, and have given helpful tips to help with this stretch....I dont check in much but I will take a pic tonight of my hair at 48 weeks post..:shocked:

:woohoo: 48 weeks stretch. Congrats Demetrius, you are doing it:yep:.

Tomorrow, I'll be 25 weeks post!! I've never stretched that long. I have one more week to go, and I'm so excited.

Congrats to all the really long term stretchers! I'm 14 weeks post now so I have about 6-10 more weeks to go I think. I'm doing a quick conditioner wash today and then I'll wash with poo and conditioner next week.

Last edited:
Back