Inspired by Sylver2 -- The Long-Term Stretch Challenge

My long-term stretch came to an end yesterday. I couldn't resist the creamy crack any longer. I was nearly 24 weeks post relaxer which is pretty good for me. Good luck to those of you still stretching.

Just made it to 24 weeks. I cannot believe just 2 more weeks until i make that 6 mnth/half way point. Gosh..a year might come by faster than I thought. Im still currently rocking the twists even though now they're starting to look like dreads. I'm going to take them out soon however, I'll be damned if i let these suckers 'lock up' but I wanted these twists to atleast be in until Nov 8. I'm in the hide your hair challenge & this was supposed to be easy! GAR now i need a new protective style!

It's been 2 months since my last touch up. My next touch up won't be until January. I was thinking about stretching past January since it'll be winter anyway and then I can just touch up once the weather becomes nicer.

Don't do it SP, please don't do it. Hang in there a little longer this time. You could try a style that would keep your hands out of your hair for a couple of weeks or more at a time to help you stretch longer. You can do it!

Yeah... I'm not going to do it. I am really not having any problems this time around. But there's something about that 9-11 week point that gives me the urge to perm. I think it's because that's the point at which my hair has enough new growth to feel it, but not enough new growth for my new growth curl pattern to emerge. It's at that icky in-between stage at 9-11 weeks.

Yeah... I'm not going to do it. I am really not having any problems this time around. But there's something about that 9-11 week point that gives me the urge to perm. I think it's because that's the point at which my hair has enough new growth to feel it, but not enough new growth for my new growth curl pattern to emerge. It's at that icky in-between stage at 9-11 weeks.

Whew!! Thank goodness.

My long-term stretch came to an end yesterday. I couldn't resist the creamy crack any longer. I was nearly 24 weeks post relaxer which is pretty good for me. Good luck to those of you still stretching.

Congrats on making it 24 weeks! That's a major accomplishment. Did you make a lot of progress? Do you have pics?

Ok thank you.

Hey...

You posted in the other thread about your edges. One of the reasons I am stretching is because extending the time between relaxers is helping me grow my edges in. Stretching helps to allow the new growth on my edges to take root before I put a chemical there. I think you'll be happy with the results of a stretch vis-a-vis your edges.

Ya'll...

I think I've died and gone to hair stretchers heaven.

Today I deep conditioned with steam using Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask. It was my best DC EVER!!!!!!!!!! I had absolutely no problems rollersetting tonight. This stuff is a keeper!

Ya'll...

I think I've died and gone to hair stretchers heaven.

Today I deep conditioned with steam using Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask. It was my best DC EVER!!!!!!!!!! I had absolutely no problems rollersetting tonight. This stuff is a keeper!

Wow, I can't wait until I can take these extension braids out, pull my steamer out and use it to get these same results. I checked out the NTM Mask today on drugstore.com and saw soooo many cones in it, it scared me, so I didn't order it anymore. Even though the customer reviews were great, the use of so many cones does not line up with my ultimate hair goals at this point.

Wow, I can't wait until I can take these extension braids out, pull my steamer out and use it to get these same results. I checked out the NTM Mask today on drugstore.com and saw soooo many cones in it, it scared me, so I didn't order it anymore. Even though the customer reviews were great, the use of so many cones does not line up with my ultimate hair goals at this point.

I picked it up multiple times and put it down for that same reason. But Nexxus is not working for me this far into my stretch so I had to try something. I'm glad I did. My hair seems to like cones.

27 weeks post and the shrinkage is killing me!! I even used heat, but still, the shrinkage is out of control! I have NG, texturized, and bone straight hair, so I feel like this makes it worse...ladies, what are you doing to NOT get discouraged with all the shrinkage?? I actually feel like ending my stretch early just to see some real results. Someone please talk me off the ledge!!

27 weeks post and the shrinkage is killing me!! I even used heat, but still, the shrinkage is out of control! I have NG, texturized, and bone straight hair, so I feel like this makes it worse...ladies, what are you doing to NOT get discouraged with all the shrinkage?? I actually feel like ending my stretch early just to see some real results. Someone please talk me off the ledge!!

This is one of the reasons I've been wearing phony buns this entire stretch. My hair looks neck length, but I know when I relax, even if I relax in December, my hair will be full SL or beyond. My biggest problem is that when I have this much new growth my ends look raggedy. I bun to help me resist the urge to trim.

beans dont do it. I am going through the same thing. I have 2 inches of newgrowth, 3 inches of texturized, and the rest is bone straight. I get discouraged too. But think about what the result will be like. put in ur mind that if u relax tomorrow u might get disappointed with the result. I am going to get a trim too once i relax, so i think that if i relax soon then after the trim i am going to be only just 1 inch longer.. Be patient dont do it Please. think about what ur end result will be like when u get relaxed rather then the shrinkage now

This is one of the reasons I've been wearing phony buns this entire stretch. My hair looks neck length, but I know when I relax, even if I relax in December, my hair will be full SL or beyond. My biggest problem is that when I have this much new growth my ends look raggedy. I bun to help me resist the urge to trim.

Thanks SmartyPants! My wig is in the mail. Maybe if I keep my hair braided and hidden, I wont be too discouraged by how raggedy it looks :(

In week 21, with 12 more weeks to go.2 1/4 inches of new growth.
Went from smaller box braids to big ones. Hiding under a bunch of wigs.
Usually I co-wash in braids and do the ayurvedia powders as a tea rinse.
Redoing all braids every 2-3 weeks.
Now I'll be doing a version of the
C&G method by not taking down all the braids at once, just redo a few
at a time. My hair is super boring right now.

Hi Ladies,
I'm 23 weeks post. For the past week or so, my good day hair pins have not been staying in my hair, they've been sliding and popping out. I wonder if that's due to the new growth in the center/back of my head. I didn't have that problem before. It's making keeping my bun (w fake hair) together very difficult. Otherwise, I'm fine...soft and strong hair. New growth in the front laying down with the scarf.

Back