Inspired by Sylver2 -- The Long-Term Stretch Challenge

ive heard that getting from SL to APL often feels like the longest....

and for me...I honestly do not want to get any kind of touch ups etc till I'm at APL.

Anyone else making the journey from SL to APL on their stretch.

I need inspiration :gorgeous:

:hiya:
I am Bluetopia. I was SL in March and I am stretching until December, as I should make APL by then. On each stretch, I am trying to reach a new goal. So a 12- 16 week stretch is not really an option for me with this goal in mind. I will live in this challenge until I reach my ultimate goal, MBL.

I just relaxed my hair after 3 month stretch, my new growth was so thick and was starting to tangle, but must say my hair has grown considerably. I plan to relax again right before my birthday (12/15).

I am Bluetopia. I was SL in March and I am stretching until December, as I should make APL by then. On each stretch, I am trying to reach a new goal. So a 12- 16 week stretch is not really an option for me with this goal in mind. I will live in this challenge until I reach my ultimate goal, MBL.
Hmmm, Beans and Blutopia, that's something to think about. I'm hoping to make APL by December, but was planning to relax next month in October, making it 6 months....

That is something for me to think about...December would be 8 months w/o a relaxer....hmmmmmmmmmm. I don't know.

and for me...I honestly do not want to get any kind of touch ups etc till I'm at APL.

I'm trying to....

I had originally planned to relax December 18th (22 weeks). But French Perm Stabilizer Plus has really done something to my hair to make my DC's work better. I didn't use FPSP this last time and the comb still went through my new growth like butter while I was rollersetting. If this keeps up I will continue my stretch to April 30th (41 weeks). By that time I should be APL or pretty close to it.

Question for you long term stretchers...is it more accurate to go by number of weeks (24 wks=6 months) or to go by the calendar ( 1 month = March 28 - April 28)?

Personally i prefer weeks but thats just me...... When it gets further along like 24 weeks onwards, it helps lazy people who dont want to work it out *like me* if you put the months as well.

I go by the calendar month, otherwise i'd be at 24 weeks Sept 23rd. But when I go by Calendar month it puts me at Qct 15th.

I've been in! I can't remember if I said I was participating, but I am by default so I might as well make it official! :lachen: My last relaxer was May of this year and I don't plan on relaxing again until December (or longer if it's going well).

Question for you long term stretchers...is it more accurate to go by number of weeks (24 wks=6 months) or to go by the calendar ( 1 month = March 28 - April 28)?

My tickerfactory ticker in my siggy goes by the date on the calendar. When I talk about my stretch in my posts, I always use weeks.

Weeks - definitely more accurate :yep:
I know my tracker is in mths,wks and days but I prefer weeks, every Saturday I'm a week further into my transition :-)

^^^I like that method. If i ever get past 6 months i'll give both the weeks and the months after passing the 6 month mark.

I'm newly neck length trying to get to shoulder length and could use some inspiration myself.

I'm trying to....

I had originally planned to relax December 18th (22 weeks). But French Perm Stabilizer Plus has really done something to my hair to make my DC's work better. I didn't use FPSP this last time and the comb still went through my new growth like butter while I was rollersetting. If this keeps up I will continue my stretch to April 30th (41 weeks). By that time I should be APL or pretty close to it.

Hmm details?

Im currently 17 and a half weeks post. Last relaxer was April 28th. Im hoping to stretch for another 8 weeks or so until Im 6 months

I'm trying to....

Hmm details?

FPSP is a porosity control product. I've been using it for two weeks and since then, my DC's (with steam) have been making my new growth a lot softer and a lot easier to comb through while I'm doing my rollersets.

Yay! I was SL in March too so we have the same starting and ending point! How tall are you? I'm 5'8 1/2 with a long torso and I recently read a board where they said us taller girls have further to go when reaching for APL. This is a chance to find out

DO IT!! :reddancer:Imagine the double satisfaction of ending a long stretch AND reaching APL!!

Hmmm, Beans and Blutopia, that's something to think about. I'm hoping to make APL by December, but was planning to relax next month in October, making it 6 months....

That is something for me to think about...December would be 8 months w/o a relaxer....hmmmmmmmmmm. I don't know.

SmartyPants....what is the French stuff you speak of? :sekret: And how do you use it? Do you apply it before you DC? I usually dc on dry hair as a prepoo. I want details! lol

I'm trying to....

SmartyPants....what is the French stuff you speak of? :sekret: And how do you use it? Do you apply it before you DC? I usually dc on dry hair as a prepoo. I want details! lol

French Perm Stabilizer Plus. It has a Ph of 2.5. It is a porosity control product (Roux Porosity control has a Ph of 4.5). I picked up a 32 oz. bottle of it for $7 at Sally's. Warning it has a lot of alcohol in it. I just left it open with the cap off for a week to let some of that alcohol evaporate off and I was good to go. Here is my wash regimen (2x per week).

(1) Hot Oil Treatment on dry hair/scalp (I just put the oil on my hair and scalp and then sit under the dryer for 30 minutes).

(2) Wash Hair

(3) If I am doing a protein treatment I use eggs, yogurt, and olive oil and let that sit for 30 minutes to an hour (but I only do this once a week).

(4) Wash protein gunk out of my hair using cool water so the egg won't cook.

(5) FPSP... put this on and rinse out after 1-3 minutes (do not leave this on like a DC).

(6) DC with a moisturizing conditioner using the Home Grown Steam Treatment.

(7) Rinse DC out with a cool/cold final rinse to seal the cuticle.

(8) Rollerset.

***The steps in red are optional.

When I washed my hair on Monday, I skipped the protein treatment and the porosity control step and my hair was still like butter. It is not necessary to use the FPSP everytime you wash your hair. Once every two weeks deep into a stretch should be enough to maintain the effects of the product. Some people use it every time. Some people only use it as a rinse during the relaxer process to make sure the Ph balance returned to normal. I say figure out how often you need to do this to make it work for you.

I'm newly neck length trying to get to shoulder length and could use some inspiration myself.

So Aggie, you are stretching for one year and cut all your progress off. I'm confused. Your hair looked really healthy to me.

I straightened the back of my hair a few days ago and it was reaching 1 1/2-2 inches down my back so I think that puts me at shoulder length. Some of my hair is neck length though since its layered. Hopefully by my next relaxer marking the 6month of my stretch my neck length hair will be shoulder length

Back