Inspired by Sylver2 -- The Long-Term Stretch Challenge

So, it would appear that I am in for another long stretch of around 20 maybe 24 weeks. I think I'm becoming addicted to long stretches:drunk:. I'm 11 weeks post now so I've still got a few weeks left.

^^^
Dang @ MummysGirl

*stretching gangstas*

Mo checking in at 23 weeks..
this challenge is almost wrapped up..
:)

Ladies who are approaching the end of their stretches, don't forget to post pictures so the rest of us can drool--if you feel comfortable posting pictures.

I never post them because the nature of my profession makes that unwise.

54 weeks post here checking in. I am going to self relax in about 2 weeks so I have been just dc 2x a week and doing bantu knot out, I think I am going to try to flat twist today. I am currently under the steamer with my dc (love this thing).

Now that I am coming to the end of my stretch I decided to only do a 6-7 month stretch from now on. I just missed my hair too much. Thanks to the henna, a proper moisture protein balance, C&G, and LHCF, my hair is much thicker. Hopefully my self relaxer goes smoothly I am doing LodonDivas method.

Good luck on your stretch ladies!

Last edited:
Checking in at 21 weeks post!
Bought a lot of new moisturizers today to try out.

Also, think I have protein overload and need to lock up my protein for a few weeks.

Checking in at 21 weeks post!
Bought a lot of new moisturizers today to try out.

Also, think I have protein overload and need to lock up my protein for a few weeks.

panamoni, try some baggying treatments for about a week or two to help restore the moisture level in your hair. I would still use some very mild protein treatments every 2 weeks or so though because you don't want to end up with a moisture overload either. Use something with hydrolyzed wheat protein almost near the end of the ingredients list to help keep your hair's strength and to help your hair hold on to the moisture you will be using.

I'll be 9 weeks post tomorrow.

I just want to tell everyone new to stretching to keep at it until you find a regimen that works for you.

This stretch is going easier since I discovered porosity control and the fact that my hair HATES hard proteins. I don't want to tempt fate or anything, but if my new growth keeps cooperating I will go ahead and stretch until the end of April. I was going to relax in December, but I am having ZERO problems this time around.

By the way, I am currently 34 weeks post and still going strong. I can't remember who recommended using Luster's S-Curl Styling Spray Moisturizer, but I thank them because it really does moisturize my hair pretty good. It's a new keeper for now:yep:.

54 weeks post here checking in. I am going to self relax in about 2 weeks so I have been just dc 2x a week and doing bantu knot out, I think I am going to try to flat twist today. I am currently under the steamer with my dc (love this thing).

Now that I am coming to the end of my stretch I decided to only do a 6-7 month stretch from now on. I just missed my hair too much. Thanks to the henna, a proper moisture protein balance, C&G, and LHCF, my hair is much thicker. Hopefully my self relaxer goes smoothly I am doing LodonDivas method.

Good luck on your stretch ladies!

Thanks SS. I have a good way to go myself. I do want to stretch ultimately a year but if my hair is still behaving at that time I may add on an additional 3-6 months. We'll see:look:.

Congrats on almost completing your 13 months stretch though - You have 1 more week to go, right?

Currently @ 23 weeks with another 4 weeks to go. My goal tonight is to detangle into sections, clarify with baking soda and distilled water over each section, then shampoo with cream of nature and last but certainly not least try out the Sta Sof Fro that I just bought to day :) I hope it get's my new growth extra moisturized.

22 weeks post! 4 weeks to go!

All week, whenever I've gotten the chance, I've been talking about Redken Butter Treat. That leave-in made my hair feel like silk and smoothed my new growth down as if it were several months ago. I definitely recommend it to anyone struggling with stretching and managing new growth. Ulta sells the sample size as well.

Special thanks to Butterfly08 for recommending it!

39 weeks post, 39 more to go! I'm exactly halfway into my 78 week (18 month) transition (although I won't mind if I can go longer....).

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

39 weeks post, 39 more to go! I'm exactly halfway into my 78 week (18 month) transition (although I won't mind if I can go longer....).

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Go, go, go!!!! I need to put a ticker in my siggie so I can keep with my weeks post too.

I'm going to attempt to wear a braid out to work tomorrow if the weather cooperates. I almost NEVER wear my hair out to work so I'm sure a braid out is going to attract some attention.

:-)

Let me know how your braidout turns out :yep:
Go, go, go!!!! I need to put a ticker in my siggie so I can keep with my weeks post too.

I'm going to attempt to wear a braid out to work tomorrow if the weather cooperates. I almost NEVER wear my hair out to work so I'm sure a braid out is going to attract some attention.

I am still doing very well with my relaxer stretch. I was officially 8 months post yesterday:yep:, ultimately 10 more months to go, but 4 additional months minimum....

Checking in at 38 weeks this friday. Once I hit 40 weeks then I will decide what I want to do. Right now I still have braids in and as much as I am loving hiding my hair, I miss it.

I'll be ten weeks post on Friday and I am getting that itch. It's a good thing I don't have any money and I am planning to treat myself to the ENTIRE Mizani Butter Blends system as a reward for stretching; otherwise, ya'll know I'd be relaxing this week.

What is it about weeks 9-11 that give me the urge to relax?

I havent check in..in awhile. I will be 46w tomorrow and going strong..I have still been maintaing with braid..I rebraid every 6 to 8 weeks and have been doing so since dec 08..I so ready to see my hair straight..but I still have about 8 more weeks before perm day..Never thought I would make it this far..:yawn:

I'll be ten weeks post on Friday and I am getting that itch. It's a good thing I don't have any money and I am planning to treat myself to the ENTIRE Mizani Butter Blends system as a reward for stretching; otherwise, ya'll know I'd be relaxing this week.

What is it about weeks 9-11 that give me the urge to relax?

Don't do it SP, please don't do it. Hang in there a little longer this time. You could try a style that would keep your hands out of your hair for a couple of weeks or more at a time to help you stretch longer. You can do it!

I know that itch feeling. I'm a couple days shy of 12wks and this is when I really get that itch. I'm trying to go at least 16wks this round so I think I'm going to the Aveda salon and get a demi color and let them flat iron or blowout my hair.

I will be 27 weeks post this Saturday and man oh man, do I miss my hair!! I have got 14 weeks to go. I am going to give my hair a three week break under a wig soon and then TRY and self install my own sew in.

Just 2 days short of 12 weeks, i'm surprised at how easy its been, i thought by now i'd be dying. I had a scare this weekend, protein overload and incredible knots and tangles but i managed to get my balance back and last night dh and i took about 1.5 hours and did a proper detangle, i didnt lose much hair considering i haven't really detangled in about 2 weeks and what i did lose was mostly shed so i'm ok with that.

12 down, 14 to go.

Checking in at 24 weeks officially today and can't wait to texlax. I have so much new growth it's insane. I may wear my hair down for 2 weeks straight after this becuase I miss it soo much.... I feel deprived!!!

Back