Inspired by Sylver2 -- The Long-Term Stretch Challenge

I've noticed a little breakage at the top of my head, but I think its from that wash I did about a month ago. I didn't properly detangle. I knew there was some breakage just didn't know where. Still holding out until the middle of August, I'll be 5 months on 7/15 and July 5th marks my one year anniversary.. I'm ready to end this stretch, lol

I knew I'd change my mind again, LOL...I called and canceled my appt to relax tomorrow, instead I'm going to just go for the rollerset and pressed roots. I decided not to relax because my bday is in Sept and if I relax now, I won't be able to relax again in Sept, since I'll be stretching all my relaxers a minimum of 6 months from this point forward.

Hey Everyone I just ended a 15 week stretch yesterday (see siggy below) but I would like to join this group for my next stretch. I am hoping to go longer this time. :yep:

Thank you. I did relax it myself with some help from my mom. That is my longest stretch so far so it was tough dealing with the new growth. Therefore I enlisted my mom to help so I could properly get through my hair in in 20 minutes for a texlax outcome. I hope to stretch an extra month next time.

I am so happy its getting thicker. I will probably get a professional trim once I reach my goal.

Beautiful hair! You can do it!

I knew I'd change my mind again, LOL...I called and canceled my appt to relax tomorrow, instead I'm going to just go for the rollerset and pressed roots. I decided not to relax because my bday is in Sept and if I relax now, I won't be able to relax again in Sept, since I'll be stretching all my relaxers a minimum of 6 months from this point forward.

YAY! I knew you could do it. I changed my mind too from September this year to January of next year for my 1 year stretch:look: and don't think this doesn't scare me a little because it does, but I am still going for it. With the support of this group, how can we not do this:yep:?

Ooooo, I am struggling with this . . . . My last relaxer was May 1st and I can not believe how much I feel I need a relaxer. I can NOT get used to not combing my hair and the moisture/seal routine keeps my NG puffy. Before joining the board, I could go 3 months easily, but my hair has changed so much I find it harder to do this time. We are going away July 9th and I am still trying to choose between a touch-up and braids.

What to do, what to do? I guess I will go back and re-stalk some fotkis . . .
Aspire, you can do this girl. I would say go with the braids for your trip. That way, you don't have to use a comb and you can stretch a lot longer this way effortlessly. We gat your back girl, you CAN do this.

One week, one week until I texlax! I can't wait! The 6 month stretch hasn't been difficult with taking care of my hair. What's been difficult is how to wear my hair with the two textures. I've been bunning and towards the end doing a lot of twist outs. I won't be able to post pics because I am in the HYH Challenge. I will be taking pics though and at the end of the year I can share them. By then I will have completed another 6 month stretch so I will have even more pics to share.

This is exactly what I was planning on doing myself as I too am in the HYH challenge. I will be taking pics during my usual 3-4 months progress but not posting them up until the end of the challenge:yep:. Although I will not have much length progress because by then I may have already cut off all the bone straight ends, but not entirely certain about that yet.

I'm 14 weeks post and I'm getting the urge to relax, however, I'm not going to. I just miss my straight, sleek hair.

I had my last relaxer the end of march and boy the ng is killing me but ive been bunning which i hate dearly. ive stretched 11 months before but for some reason its killing the heck out of me now i dont know why
Hold on a little longer ladies. You can do it.

wow.

This week will make 10 weeks for me. Struggles :(

I feel bad..compared to like folks stretching 6 months. But I moved and I am not sure wth is going on but my hair is acting out. it is dry. i tried honey. acv. silicon mix. nada. sealing with olive oil. coconut oil. mango butter. nada.

i don't know what to do. to make matters worse, my BELOVED dominican sisters are not around here.

i always said you'd have to pry the creamy crack from my hands but now i am thinking about transitioning. :look: but how can i if i can't make it past 10 weeks HERE...

sigh.

Ladies, I am 2 days shy of being 26 weeks post. I went to the salon today, because of paranoia I was originally going to relax, but as I said in post earlier this week I decided not to, any who, she tells me my hair is doing great. No gaps or spaces (no breakage), I have 3 inches of NG, she DC'd me for about 40 mins, gave me a blow out, pressed my roots and curled it (I know its sounds like a lot of heat but everything is a-ok)....

I'm very happy with the outcome and I am now having second thoughts on relaxing again in September or period for that matter, but I don't know. We'll see what happens as I get further and further into this journey.

Well im joining without asking :) I have just been sooo inspired by all of you ladies.
IDK if its full but even if it is - you'll see me posting in this thread <3

- But anyways I relaxed last Apr 8, so I am almost 12 weeks post. I KNOW I can make it till dec in these extensions. I plan in August to take them down & give my hair a weeks rest and then put my hair back in twists until dec of 08. I plan to stretch for a full year (crosses fingers) and after dec get a sew in weave & wear it out for the next four months since I "miss my hair" (until APR 8 09) :( ..I hope that Apr of 2009 I will be MBL. Idk about full MBL but atleast MBL and maybe full MBL by July 12 2009 (my bday) which would be a nice bday surprise. <3

Ladies, I am 2 days shy of being 26 weeks post. I went to the salon today, because of paranoia I was originally going to relax, but as I said in post earlier this week I decided not to, any who, she tells me my hair is doing great. No gaps or spaces (no breakage), I have 3 inches of NG, she DC'd me for about 40 mins, gave me a blow out, pressed my roots and curled it (I know its sounds like a lot of heat but everything is a-ok)....

I'm very happy with the outcome and I am now having second thoughts on relaxing again in September or period for that matter, but I don't know. We'll see what happens as I get further and further into this journey.

Your hair looks great!! Keep up the good work!!

Hello ladies. I am checking in. I am 7 months post (as of last Friday). Thus far it has been smooth sailing. That fhi runway is paying off!

22 weeks (5 months) and counting ladies. Woo hoo, I am so excited to be stretching longer than this because my longest stretch ever was 21.5 weeks last year. I am planning on doubling that this time around.

22 weeks (5 months) and counting ladies. Woo hoo, I am so excited to be stretching longer than this because my longest stretch ever was 21.5 weeks last year. I am planning on doubling that this time around.

Way to go Aggie!!!! I was looking back at some of my old posts the other day and realized when I first started this stretch (my first ever) I was suppose to only go for 18 weeks, then I said 21 weeks.....I'm at 26 weeks (I think) today and thanks to you ladies and this thread I'm holding on............

Good to see you're still hanging in there :-) You're at 27 weeks, same as me.
HHG :-)
Way to go Aggie!!!! I was looking back at some of my old posts the other day and realized when I first started this stretch (my first ever) I was suppose to only go for 18 weeks, then I said 21 weeks.....I'm at 26 weeks (I think) today and thanks to you ladies and this thread I'm holding on............

Last edited:
Would love to join this challenge!!! I'm 10weeks post. The longest I have ever stretched was16 weeks. Just started using WEN and now my new growth is soooo soft, hope it lasts!! I have 4B hair and I have never had soft new growth so this was a very nice change for me.

One week, one week until I texlax!

Congratulations.jpg

Thanks MonaLisa :)! I'm about to slap on the creamy crack in a bit. I printed out what I posted I did last time and I am following it to a "t".

Hey Guys,

I'm 16 weeks post and still going strong. Twistouts have been my saving grace and I plan to continue with this style through the rest of my stretch.

I am 43 weeks post relaxer now and am in box braids. I will be taking them out in 2 weeks for a break so that will be out at 45 weeks post. OH my I am really scared to deal with this hair and the two textures. I have a steamer and have been using it weekly while in braids and will up to 2x a week when out.

I think I will be out of the braids for like 3 weeks. week 1 will be flat ironed for a length check (only second time this year doing the heat thing) 2nd and 3d weeks will be wigs.

Then I think I will cornrow for a couple of weeks.

My plan is to stretch for anywhere from 60-64 weeks. That will be anywhere from Nov-Dec for the holidays. Then I will only stretch 6mos at a time.

I am currently 23 weeks and 2 days post my last relaxer and still going strong myself. 29 more weeks left to go.

I can't believe I'm toying with the idea of stretching for 20 months now. At first it was for 8 months, then 12 and now 20 months. Reason being I will be 42 in that time and would like to expose it then. I plan on keeping it in hiding for that long too IF I decide to stretch that long:look::ohwell:.

My stretch is over. I retouched at 22 weeks post. My hair feels fuller as it usually does after long stretches. I'll probably begin another 20 week stretch later in the year but the ideal time for me to retouch is between 14 and 16 weeks I think. To those of you still stretching, good luck!

I'm getting my touch-up at the end of this month. It'll be 2 weeks earlier before the actual end of my 6 months in August.

Now that the 6 month stretch has ended I have started a new 6 month stretch. My next relaxer is scheduled for Jan 1, 2010.

Aspire, you can do this girl. I would say go with the braids for your trip. That way, you don't have to use a comb and you can stretch a lot longer this way effortlessly. We gat your back girl, you CAN do this.

Thanks Lady. I am trying. Have not gotten braids yet - meant to do it this weekend, but never got to it. I think I am going to try and put some braids in it myself. I have noticed some breakage, and would not dream of risking a relaxer right now. Funny - the pre-LHCF me would have ran for a relaxer. Congrats by the way on your stretch. Great Job!!!

Now that the 6 month stretch has ended I have started a new 6 month stretch. My next relaxer is scheduled for Jan 1, 2010.

Wow Shay - Great job!! I would love to relax 2-3x/year. How did it hold up?

Back