Increase Bandwith

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Dear Administrators,

You can increase bandwith on this site, making it run faster for the users, if you delete old post and members that haven't posted in a while. (A While is to be determine my you of course).

This will free up space and decrease the need for donations.

As with another site that I am on, do a $1 donation challenge that will get the revenue that you need as well.

However, I think that the deletion of outdated or old posts/threads would be of great benefit.

Sisterly,

Reginia <font color="brown"> </font>

The board is very slow.
frown.gif
But I don't want to lose any posts. I might need them one day.
grin.gif
Naturallycurly.com and longhaircommunity.com have posts from several years ago and their sites are fast.
confused.gif

Maybe we could set up an archive board on ezboard or something like it and move older posts over there...

The space isn't the issue - its the bandwidth. We have the highest plan available with the current host. We are considering making it a pay site - that would be the only way to make the site faster - and you will get at least 3 months notice before such a change. When too many people try to access the site at once this causes the problem of slowness..

It is not so much the bandwidth as such (there is not enough) because our hosting company is on the backbone of the US network so you can make it just a bit faster but not noticeable.

The problem comes up with the users online. On average we have 100 users and most of them use the search engine which increases the load in the database.

I was told that we will be moving tomorrow on a new server which has faster hardware to cope with the demand.

We have briefly discussed with Beverly to make this a pay site (don't worry like Bev said it is still a discussion) at which point we will get our own server with hardware that we will choose. It will still be on the same host and the same Internet speed.

I will also upgrade the forum software to the newest version pretty soon which will allow faster searches and page generation times.

We will let you know how this goes well in advance.

Nikos
user.gif

Are the old threads gone? I tried to do a search and it only went back to August of 2003. What happened?

NC.com has deleted some of their older threads just not the most active ones. There were post of mine that I searched for that are missing from a few years ago.

Back