in your opinion, what's the

Re: in your opinion, what\'s the

Heavy duty Protein - Nexxus Emergencee

Creamy protein - Nexxus Keraphix

Dudley's DRC
up.gif

It would be a cross between Aveda Cherry Almond Bark Reconstructing Conditioner & TIGI Bed Head Chocolate Head for me.
smile.gif
If I wanna smell like some chocolate, you already know which bottle I'll pick up.
lick.gif

Affirm 5-in-1 for the heavy duty and Aubrey GPB for maintenance.

Hard Core: I haven't tried any, but have heard that Dudley DRC, Nexxus Emergencee, and Keracare Super Reconstructor are good.

Major: Joico K-Pak

Minor: Motions Moisture Silk Protein Conditioner

Very Mild: Deep Brilliance

[ QUOTE ]
Neen said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%

In order of strong to mild, I like the following: K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor, K-Pak Daily Conditioner, Aubrey Organics GBP, Frederic Fekkai Protein RX Treatment

[ QUOTE ]
deeplyrooted said:
It would be a cross between Aveda Cherry Almond Bark Reconstructing Conditioner & TIGI Bed Head Chocolate Head for me.
smile.gif
If I wanna smell like some chocolate, you already know which bottle I'll pick up.
lick.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I am gonna give the Tigi Chocolate Head a try soon it smells really yummy.
lick.gif

I used Ion Repair Solutions Effective Care Intensive Therapy Treatment this past week and LOVED it, so that's my favorite right now, but I have a feeling when I try the NEXXUS, that will be it.

[ QUOTE ]
Neen said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

IMO Nexxus Emergencee hands down, for my hair. I have used Aphogee once recently, and stopped breakage only for a few days. I have also used Keracare Super Reconstructor and Affirm 5 in 1, for routine protein treatments, they both work great!

I usually use aphogee for the serious reconstructing. The first time it worked great. But the last few times, it didnt work as well. The very last two times i applied it leaving only a week in between. This seemed to make it take better. Is my hair just getting used to it? Or was i not applying enough? By the way, when i let it dry, i blow dry by hand.

Sorry to highjack this thread but..

What's the difference between a reconstructor and a protein treatment?

And do you need both in your regime? TIA!

------------------
Knowledge is Power

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
I used Ion Repair Solutions Effective Care Intensive Therapy Treatment this past week and LOVED it, so that's my favorite right now, but I have a feeling when I try the NEXXUS, that will be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm I have a sample packet of the ION..I will have to try it soon. But for right now I like Motions Silk Protein.

[ QUOTE ]
Twenti9 said:

------------------
Knowledge is Power

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think there's a big different. A protein treatment is stronger with protein. It conditions and strenghtens your hair more. But I sometimes get confused too because I see people use, for example, Aubrey Organics GPB or Aphogee as a protein treatment while on here some use it as a reconstructor.

I have Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum and was wondering if it would be considered a reconstructor or a protein treatment?

All brands use different terminolgy. I think the best thing to do is to look at the ingredients and judge for yourself. I try to remember what products with a certain ingredient did for my hair in the past. Then when looking for new products I might look out for familiar ingredients.

[ QUOTE ]
Twenti9 said:

------------------
Knowledge is Power

[/ QUOTE ]
A reconstructor has moisturing properties, so it doesn't leave your hair dry.
A concentrated protein is stronger and will cause breakage if it isn't followed with a moisturizing conditioner.

Back