In love with braidouts! [PIC HEAVY]

djanae

So, my layered hair has been giving me a TIME. I love the layers when my hair is straight (and I'll prob keep them), but I finally got enough hair to do a pony, and the curls in front pop right back up :wallbash:

I hate having to put a zillion bobby pins in to hold them down, so I've been experimenting A LOT with braidouts this fall/winter. I found out the key to getting braidouts that last, is not fluffing my hair to death (my crown area is mostly wavy - no coils - so too much fluffing = pure frizz)

I just use Lustrasilk Olive Oil cholesterol (can be used on dry or wet hair- don't have to wash it out) and some coconut oil. I do about 5-7 braids on each side of my head (10-14 total) and TA-DA!

SDC12206.jpg

SDC12212.jpg

SDC12214.jpg

SDC12219.jpg

SDC12215.jpg

Any other ladies rockin the braidouts exclusively? :lachen:

I've tried bantus, twists, (all of which usually turned out looking a mess lol) but this style has saved me this winter. I was sooo tried of just doing puffs after the BC when it got colder outside.

Last edited:
*Raises hand* I've been wearing twist/braid outs consistently for the past 2 months and my hair has been doing great. I'm wearing them for my grow out style until my weaker sections become strong enough for full on protective styles.

Thanks Ladies!

@ TaraDyan - that is the same thing I say whenever I see someone with a twist out, bantu knot out...and whatever else lol

I think it's because my texture changes across my entire head. 3c even 3bish in the front, 4a through the back, and prob 4a/4b on the sides near the crown. crazy, I tell ya :rolleyes:

I think the braids give me more of a defined, uniform look.

Wow! That looks gorgeous. My braidouts never look anything like that.

:love: it!!!! Your hair's soooo yummy looking :look:

I'm a big fan of braidouts and twistouts (see siggy :lol) and can't wait to try them out when I'm all natural.... they're a huge part of my transition (I'm 13 months post) and I know I will love them even more when I'm natural.

I plait - I'm ashamed to say I can't cornrow lol

I would really like to be able to do flat twists though - I LOVE them, and I think my twistouts would come out better if I could.

I have no braiding skills. I'm not even sure the difference between a braidout and plaits. Would love to see pictures of how your hair looks braided/plaited. Your braidout looks fantastic!

Thanks for the love ladies :O)

also, I attached some pics from my blog, that show my plaits....nothing to write home about lol

I don't use perm rods anymore though, so you can ignore that part. I just plait/braid my hair in sections and then kind of "bend" them under. Sometimes I'll use bobby pins for braids that like to act crazy when I sleep.

When I first started I did a lot more braids, used perm rods and a whole bunch of other stuff I wont bother doing now. lol Once I figured out my hair did well with plaits, I realized I was just doing too much before.

I have no braiding skills. I'm not even sure the difference between a braidout and plaits. Would love to see pictures of how your hair looks braided/plaited. Your braidout looks fantastic!

Attachments

• SDC11803.JPG
    SDC11803.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 42
  • SDC11821.JPG
    SDC11821.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 44
:love: it!!!! Your hair's soooo yummy looking :look:

I'm a big fan of braidouts and twistouts (see siggy :lol) and can't wait to try them out when I'm all natural.... they're a huge part of my transition (I'm 13 months post) and I know I will love them even more when I'm natural.

Your twistout looks great - very defined like your braidout!

I must be doing my twists wrong :lachen:

I think I may experiment with twists again, but I'm always so tempted to fluff them - which ruins them (IMO).

simply gorgeous! must be nice...cause my hair isn't having it if i try anything other than twists. THIS makes me wanna try again though!

Very pretty! Are you able to keep your hands out of your hair when it looks so luscious? :lol:

It's funny that you say braidouts give you such nice results but twistouts don't; I have the opposite situation, my twistouts are nice but my braidouts are sad.

It came out fab!!!

I too love twistouts and braidouts. Twistouts currently are better for me though. I think braidouts make my hair too short. Waiting for more length.

Back