In love with braidouts! [PIC HEAVY]

I agree, djanae. When my hair was longer it pretty much stayed in a bun and that's how i kept my length so when i BCed down to 2 inches i was scared of messing up my hair cuz i had to mess with it everyday. As soon as i got a bit more hang time i became a twistout wearing fool lol. I've always loved how they look on me and i get less breakage during comb outs and my hair stays moisturized cuz i moisturize every time i re-twist.

yeah, while I was upset for a min about not having a "quick style" like a bun as a protective option - I think it was a blessing in disguise :lachen:

It forced me to experiment and, while I can't say I wont be tempted to do a quick bun or pony when my hair is long enough - I CAN say I'm happy to add another no heat style to my arsenal that I like :grin:

Pre military I was always experimenting with hair styles and wearing huge puffs and braid outs. I'm growing my hair so i can wear those funky looking buns anyway but i would love to go to the club and rock a huge braid out on blowdried hair or even wearing a big poofy ponytail to wal-mart or something lol. i adore big hair.

OP your braidout is lovely! Twistouts never turn out right for me either so I tried a braidout today and me likey!!! The first time eva! I usually do WNG's but am noticing a little more shedding than usual and I'm thinking the everyday moisture may be the culprit so I need another easy style and this seems perfect. Question, when you rebraid nightly, do you use the cholesterol everytime or how often? Trying to think what to do for bedtime, lol . TIA!

OP your braidout is lovely! Twistouts never turn out right for me either so I tried a braidout today and me likey!!! The first time eva! I usually do WNG's but am noticing a little more shedding than usual and I'm thinking the everyday moisture may be the culprit so I need another easy style and this seems perfect. Question, when you rebraid nightly, do you use the cholesterol everytime or how often? Trying to think what to do for bedtime, lol . TIA!

Thanks Hysi!

When I was doing braidouts in the fall/winter I would re-braid every night. Just because I like the freshly styled look when I do braidouts.

I stopped using the cholesterol - not because I didn't like the results, but because I just prefer Giovanni Smooth as Silk as an everyday styler now.

I know its a conditioner, but its very light, I love the smell and it makes my hair sooo soft. Plus, the ingredients are awesome, and I like the fact that I feel like I'm getting more use out of the bottle.

If I used it as a co-wash or treatment conditioner it would be GONE in a matter of days. lol

A little goes a long way - I just squirt a half-dollar sized amount on a jar lid, and that's usually more than enough for my entire head.

I've also heard some naturals mix Giovanni SAS in a spray bottle with water an use it as a daily leave-in/moisturizer. Still need to try that :yep:

I haven't done my braidouts in a while - this summer its been a lot of buns, wash and gos, and a couple of blowouts/presses. But I will def have to go back to this when it gets cooler outside.

*Hope this helps

Thank you for the tip! I'll def try Giovanni SAAS next time. I bought sime but it was tea tree, so I'll stay on the look out.

Thank you for the tip! I'll def try Giovanni SAAS next time. I bought sime but it was tea tree, so I'll stay on the look out.

Oh you have to :yep:, I've tried tea tree too - it was nice, but SAS is the BEST product in the line IMO. Just because you can use it so many ways.

I was wondering where you have been.

I think I missed this thread the first time around. Very pretty.

I'm around lol - mostly in the ET forum now, and briefly since I've been working later.

How have you been? I saw a thread on a DC/VA/MD meetup, wish I could have gone! But maybe next time.

My braid outs (plaits) are not that great and the cornrows take too long to take down. I love the flat-twist outs. Your hair looks great BTW!

wow! Very pretty!! All I do are braidouts. Even when I wear a puff. I do mine the exact same way, except I use satin foam rollers.

Back