In love with braidouts! [PIC HEAVY]

If my braidouts looked half this good, they would be worth the time it takes to braid my hair. Yours looks fab!!

Very pretty! Are you able to keep your hands out of your hair when it looks so luscious? :lol:

It's funny that you say braidouts give you such nice results but twistouts don't; I have the opposite situation, my twistouts are nice but my braidouts are sad.

Yea, me and my sister have the braid vs. twistout debate all the time. We finally realized that twists come out better on her, and braids for me. lol

OP: your braidout is gorgeous :grin: - I have two questions -

1: How many days do you get out of your braid outs?

2: Do you rebraid every night?

i've been trying to get mine to come out as nice as yours
geez!
maybe later on in the year i will attempt again haha

OP: your braidout is gorgeous :grin: - I have two questions -

1: How many days do you get out of your braid outs?

2: Do you rebraid every night?

Thanks Soliel :)

and I actually prefer to braid every night, because I sleep wild. lol
even with a bonnet I think my hair would get smashed.

BUT, this is the first time I did my braid out and didn't fluff it to heck :ohwell:
so my hair hasn't really frizzed up like it usually does.

This is the most defined its ever been though. I only tousled my hair a bit in the back, to make the parts disappear and my hair lay naturally. I'm probably gonna braid tonight, b/c I want my hair fresh for Sunday - but I think I may experiment this coming week to see how long these can last.

I only do about 10 -12 braids though, so it only takes 15-30 min, depending on if I want to take my time.

And rest assured, as my hair gets longer I will try to graduate to 4 braids...then 2 braids. lol

Oh, that is so pretty!! You have some awesome definition!

Thanks, I think the key (for me) is doing them after a wash day when my hair has dried significantly. Either slightly damp or completely dry in its naturally curly state.

If I braid on wet hair, I have to sit under a heat cap and squeeze all excess water from my braids.

Gorgeous braidout OP! I love braidouts too!! They've become my staple style and I wear them 90-95% of the time (see profile pic).

your braid outs have great definition! mines never come out as well :(

Im loving it OP and I definately see why you are too!

Beautiful! I think I might try this...my hair is so fine, and I need a style that will give me more volume.

Me likey - I love braid-outs. My new love (which just started) is a flexi rod set. The older it get the better it looks.

Thanks ladies!

Just an update - I slept on my braidout without re-braiding, and NOPE! the style does not hold. lol

I kinda figured I'd have to rebraid it to get the look I like. It looks like a stretched, curly afro now after sleeping on it.

I also like to wash my hair every 3 days or so its no biggie. This is why I DEF couldn't get with doing tiny braids or twists. I need to be able to do them quick and I've also noticed over the years that I just can't (or don't like) to keep a hairstyle too long.

My biggest issue is keeping my hands out!

I notice a lot of us wear twist/braid/bantu knot out styles consistently. How has it helped your length retention and has there ever been an out style growth challenge here?

not sure if there have been challenges specifically for those styles - but I would think it be a great way to grow out b/c of the absence of heat.

They also stretch the hair and keep the ends from getting dry in colder weather (in my experience) - which reduces the chance of single strand knots or plain ole tangling of curls.

I couldn't say if its better than any other no-heat style (like bunning), just b/c my hair is a lil short to do buns to compare. braidouts (and twistouts) seem like an esp good option though, for ladies that may have just or recently BC'd....since bunning wouldn't be an option (if you didnt want to use a phony bun).

I notice a lot of us wear twist/braid/bantu knot out styles consistently. How has it helped your length retention and has there ever been an out style growth challenge here?

I agree, djanae. When my hair was longer it pretty much stayed in a bun and that's how i kept my length so when i BCed down to 2 inches i was scared of messing up my hair cuz i had to mess with it everyday. As soon as i got a bit more hang time i became a twistout wearing fool lol. I've always loved how they look on me and i get less breakage during comb outs and my hair stays moisturized cuz i moisturize every time i re-twist.

Back