In 2017 Are You .. Natural, Relaxed, Transitioning?

Are you natural or relaxed in 2017

• Natural

Votes: 125 70.2%
  • Relaxed

Votes: 35 19.7%
  • Transitioning

Votes: 20 11.2%

• Total voters
Textlaxed but have toyed with going natural but, the last time I was close ( wore braids for a year). It look me an hour to detangle my hair :eek::(. So I'm worried about how manageable it will be. ....

Where are the relaxed ladies? When I joined this board almost everyone was relaxed and the naturals were militant. Boyyyy I remember I got cussed out because I did a flexi rod set and I called it a "natural style" because I was a few months post and ended up with a cute curly fro. Home girl sent me a pm and not so politely told me about myself. :lol: I was not natural and I was not rocking a natural style. My little feelings were so hurt. :crybaby: Took me a minute to post again after that. What did I know. I didn't know anything about hair yet.

Where are the relaxed ladies? When I joined this board almost everyone was relaxed and the naturals were militant. Boyyyy I remember I got cussed out because I did a flexi rod set and I called it a "natural style" because I was a few months post and ended up with a cute curly fro. Home girl sent me a pm and not so politely told me about myself. :lol: I was not natural and I was not rocking a natural style. My little feelings were so hurt. :crybaby: Took me a minute to post again after that. What did I know. I didn't know anything about hair yet.
Lol damn that's messed up. People on line can be super mean.

Awww, that's terrible!
The overwhelming majority on this board are now natural, so the Natural Nazis don't feel the need to to patrol anymore :lachen:

Wow it's never that serious.

Ive been natural for 5 years now (second time). I say do whatever works for your hair. If that's relaxers, locs, etc do what works for you. I don't like when people put down others hair choices.

Natural since April 2014 and I will never use a relaxer again. While I love relaxed hair, I always had breakage. Now that I'm natural, I have a lot of work to do. My edges are sparse and my crown seems thin but away from that, my hair seems relatively healthy. I cut off my relaxed hair in 2014 because my nape was growing-in and I didn't want it to break off. I began by chopping off the relaxer in the back and it took me another month to cut off the relaxed hair in the front. What I love about this is that I didn't chop it off because I watched a youtuber with natural hair, I chopped it off for me.:afro:

I've been natural since 2012. I'll never get another relaxer, but have been thinking about trying a keratin-like treatment.

I'm in the in between stage. not long and not a twa anymore. I'm trying to stick it out. plus I have fine hair and these knots are getting on my nerves.

*I already henna. I'm trying to decide if I want to cont to dye it like I use to.
*relax or texlax or texturized is the only other option I'm considering

Awww, try to stick it out if you can. That in between stage is the worst.

Natural since my 2nd big chop in May 2015. Almost 2 years natural and almost 3 years post relaxer(June 2014)! I can't believe I've made it this long, and no going back to relaxed for me again!

Ive been natural for one year and texlaxed for the last 2 years.

I'm so over being natural. I'm thinking about relaxing my hair again.

But I have commitment issues.

Wow. I'm relaxed!

Back