I'm wondering, do the same "Rules" apply to men?

Kiadodie

I'm giving advice to a friend of mine that's a male. He's so into this girl and she's ignoring his calls, only calls him back sometimes, and he states she's such a challenge to him. They've gone out a couple of times and kissed but she's VERY aloof towards him.

Mind you, this guy is handsome, doing well financially and is about 30. He's going crazy over her and asked my advice. I'm giving him advice like I would give a female like ignore her, don't return her calls, dont' give her too much attention. At the same time, I'm like why are you chasing this girl as cute as you are???!!!! :perplexed

So my question is, do the same rules apply to men to get a female as for a female to attract a male?

I was in a similiar situation with a male friend whose interest may have been following "The Rules." In the end she got creeped out because he called her five times in one day, trying to make plans, and went for someone else.

It's something we both laugh about now. :lol:

HELL NO!
Tell the guy that if he's interested to keep trying.
Guys hunt. The rules teach us how to be tasty prey :yep:
:giggle:

If you tell him to flip the script, you'll mess it up for both of them. I think secretly he likes it.

I agree w/itismehmmkay... he needs to be chasing her...cause as we know if it was flipped he be calling her a crazy stalker....lol....i love it!!! Girls 1 Boys 0

I agree w/itismehmmkay... he needs to be chasing her...cause as we know if it was flipped he be calling her a crazy stalker....lol....i love it!!! Girls 1 Boys 0

:lol: ^5!

I was in a similiar situation with a male friend whose interest may have been following "The Rules." In the end she got creeped out because he called her five times in one day, trying to make plans, and went for someone else.

It's something we both laugh about now. :lol:

Now there is an art to knowing when to pull back. Tell him to stay in the game if she's still responding, but w/o the look of a stalker

Well, dang..I told him ignore her.lol :lachen: Ok, I'll tell him to keep calling and going after her..

I don't know though. This is usually how I act if I don't really like a guy at all--or am only mildly interested. At what point would you all say that a man needs to be clear with what he's thinking and ask the woman straight out what she's feeling?

I don't know though. This is usually how I act if I don't really like a guy at all--or am only mildly interested. At what point would you all say that a man needs to be clear with what he's thinking and ask the woman straight out what she's feeling?

Yea I agree with this. But I guess this is why it's good for both parties to be dating other people. If she's practicing The Rules AND seeing other guys...that would explain her behavior.

Me too!!! I feel like she's not too interested, but I could be wrong. She's gone on a couple of dates w/ him and kissed him too. But he shows her how much he likes her. I mean he sends her flowers etc. I told him to STOP wearing his heart on his sleeves because some women tend to lose interest w/ a guy like that...but I could be wrong.

Sometimes I act VERY aloof but I like the guy deep inside..but that does backfire because it comes off like you're not interested at all. :ohwell:
I'm going to tell him to ask her how she feels, where she stands etc.

What do you guys think.

I agree, maybe he should ask if she is ready to take it to next level, if that is his intentions of whating this person to be his girl...

I agree, maybe he should ask if she is ready to take it to next level, if that is his intentions of whating this person to be his girl...

You know..he forwarded me some of the their IMs online and OMG..this girl is so not interested. He asked her to go to the movies and she flat out said no, that there are no interesting movies out. Now, if I liked a guy..I would go, just cause to be w/ him. I think he's wasting his time..but I dont' want to tell him that cause he's really into her...:nono:

^^^Yea this girl maybe playing the rules a little tooo hard... But, should she make herself available on every offer... :perplexed...

Did he offer to do something else instead of movies at time.... If she said no, ummm.... I cant call it... Lmao...

^^^Yea this girl maybe playing the rules a little tooo hard... But, should she make herself available on every offer... :perplexed...

Did he offer to do something else instead of movies at time.... If she said no, ummm.... I cant call it... Lmao...

She said no to the movies and then he said well, if haven't had dinner how about that..she said, she'd let him know LOL...girl..I don't think she's into him at ALL> :nono:

This is what I was going to say. She may be doing The Rules or she may just not really like him that much.

She said no to the movies and then he said well, if haven't had dinner how about that..she said, she'd let him know LOL...girl..I don't think she's into him at ALL> :nono:

Yeah, she's not using The Rules here. She just flat out doesn't like him.

You know..he forwarded me some of the their IMs online and OMG..this girl is so not interested. He asked her to go to the movies and she flat out said no, that there are no interesting movies out. Now, if I liked a guy..I would go, just cause to be w/ him. I think he's wasting his time..but I dont' want to tell him that cause he's really into her...:nono:
Uh why? to the bold. If there isn't anything good out why waste my time that could be put to better use. Some folks like "me time". He should have thought of something else of interest to do. He may seem like a prize to you but dookie to her. :look: Helz maybe she wants to be taken to a real theatre not a movie theater. LOL

If she's acting VERY aloof and ignoring all his calls...well she might be doing The Rules to the extreme. That can backfire.

This is true. In fact, I think the rules and WMLB say to be unpredictable, not 100% mean. You have to be sweet as well.

Uh why? to the bold. If there isn't anything good out why waste my time that could be put to better use. Some folks like "me time". He should have thought of something else of interest to do. He may seem like a prize to you but dookie to her. :look: Helz maybe she wants to be taken to a real theatre not a movie theater. LOL

Well, the main purpose is to see him..so if he asked me to go to the movies I would say yes assuming I would want to see him and I didn't have other things going on.

You're right though..although he may seem a prize to me, he may not to her. :ohwell:

the rules dont say u should be a mean b!tch they say you just keep your interests in sight dont do everything that the man wants, dont be too available for him but i think shes just being mean to him, i mean if she didnt want to see the movie she would have told him what SHE wants to do instead men are not mind readers

yes he may not be a prize to her i was once set up by a frind of mine and she told me this guy was GORGEOUS!! he had a good job and a nice car n so on but when i saw him i didnt think he was good looking at all, he was aiight but not what i find attractive pple view pple differently

Back