I'm so proud of myself...I did my own hair (PICS)

I seriously cannot believe how may women here followed the tutorial!

My jaw dropped when I saw these pics. You and your hair are gorgeous!!!

That right there is my hair goal!!!

Yes girl!!! You and your hair are gorgeous! When I saw that tutorial, I was like I have to give it a try. I truly hate styling my hair. I don't mind the washing and dc'ing, but when it comes to blowdrying and flat ironing...I hate doing it. And, then when I'm finished, it never looks good, so I'm really mad at that point. I had made up my mind to only go to the shop and get my hair done, until I saw your video. You did a great job, and made me feel like I could do the same thing. Thanks you so much :grin:

Yes girl!!! You and your hair are gorgeous! When I saw that tutorial, I was like I have to give it a try. I truly hate styling my hair. I don't mind the washing and dc'ing, but when it comes to blowdrying and flat ironing...I hate doing it. And, then when I'm finished, it never looks good, so I'm really mad at that point. I had made up my mind to only go to the shop and get my hair done, until I saw your video. You did a great job, and made me feel like I could do the same thing. Thanks you so much :grin:

Awww thank you:blush:! I'm SO glad that it worked for you and you now have the freedom to style your hair at home. It turned out beautifully :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Please post more hair pics when you get the chance. Your hair is drool-worthy!

So, what are you going to do with all the money you're going to save by doing your own hair? I know your stylist couldn't have done a better job.

BRAVO:yep::yep::yep:

Girlfriend,...your hair is stunning! :grin: I can't believe you did it yourself! The style, length, and silkiness is perfect on you. C'mon now smile, we're proud of you too!

OMG absolutely stunning!!! You did a fantastic job! You literally just made me run to the bathroom and get my new flexirods that I've yet to use. Hope my hair comes out as awesome as yours. :yay:

Awww thank you:blush:! I'm SO glad that it worked for you and you now have the freedom to style your hair at home. It turned out beautifully :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Please post more hair pics when you get the chance. Your hair is drool-worthy!

Just watched your tutorial and did my flexirod set. I think you should keep it up on Youtube for others to watch & learn. If it comes out decent I'll post a pic.

Beautiful hair.
How long have you been natural?
What products did you use on your hair during your blow dry and flat iron?
Did you use anything prior to your flexirod to get the hair to hold the curl pattern?

So, what are you going to do with all the money you're going to save by doing your own hair? I know your stylist couldn't have done a better job.

BRAVO:yep::yep::yep:
This is going to save me a ton of money! At first I thought about reverting back to a pj...lol, but I've decided to actually use this opportunity to save! I've committed myself to using up all of my old products before I go buy anything new :yep:.

wow! i am impressed! what's your regimen?
I don't have one! I really haven't been consistent with anything. My original regimen included moisturizing and sealing every morning and night, and always dc'ing with heat after each wash. I try and make it a habit to always tie my hair up at night. Here lately, I've been really lazy, but every night since I did my hair on Saturday, I've been moisturizing with NTM and sealing with coconut oil (which are two staples of mine). As far as poo's and dc's, I'm going to use whatever I have on hand! I'll tell u anything else u want to know! For nearly 6 months, I have gone w/o and dc's :blush:, because my stylist never did it, partially because he didn't bring it up, and I never wanted to spend more than the $45+ tip I was already spending. I'm going to get back with it now though!

OMG absolutely stunning!!! You did a fantastic job! You literally just made me run to the bathroom and get my new flexirods that I've yet to use. Hope my hair comes out as awesome as yours. :yay:
I'm sure it will turn out great! I would love to see pics when your done!!!

Beautiful hair.
How long have you been natural?
What products did you use on your hair during your blow dry and flat iron?
Did you use anything prior to your flexirod to get the hair to hold the curl pattern?
I've been natural since maybe 2001 I think! It was something that I just did without giving much thought...I wasn't that into hair back then, just decided to stop getting relaxers!

I used Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk on each section before blow drying it, and a little CHI Silk Infusion on each section before flat ironing. After flat ironing, I just rolled with the flexi rod.

You did a great job! I can never figure out how to roll my hair for the drop curl effect so thanks for the pic:grin: Very pretty:yep:

Back