I'm so proud of myself...I did my own hair (PICS)

so so chic

Hey ladies!!!! I haven't been around much. I've been going to the salon since around December and just decided to try and start styling my own hair after seeing someone post a tutorial on how they style their hair using the flexi rods. (Sorry I can't recall who it was, but I'm going to look for it so that I can give credit where credit is due :yep:).

OK..It was the post by shtow that inspired me to give it a try!!!!!!

Anyways, I don't have the before pics because I had no idea it would actually look like something when I was done...lol! I'm natural...4 something! I truly don't have a regimen anymore, but will be adopting one soon. I washed, dc'ed overnight, blow dried, and flat ironed. I rolled my hair with flexi rods (8 in total) immediately after flat ironing each section. This is the first time that I'm truly pleased with the outcome of me doing my own hair. I am going to try and keep it up :) I did this on Saturday morning and left the rollers in until that night. The last pic was taken today!

Attachments

• Photo 55.jpg
    Photo 55.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 978
  • Photo 68.jpg
    Photo 68.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 960
  • Photo 73.jpg
    Photo 73.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,026
  • Photo 56.jpg
    Photo 56.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 924
  • Photo 81.jpg
    Photo 81.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,084
Last edited:
I hope all of these words of admiration inspire you to continue to be a DIYer....Your hair is blinging sexy....Nice, thick and healthy, too.....Okay, I'll stop drooling...

Hey ladies!!!! I haven't been around much. I've been going to the salon since around December and just decided to try and start styling my own hair after seeing someone post a tutorial on how they style their hair using the flexi rods. (Sorry I can't recall who it was, but I'm going to look for it so that I can give credit where credit is due :yep:).

Anyways, I don't have the before pics because I had no idea it would actually look like something when I was done...lol! I'm natural...4 something! I truly don't have a regimen anymore, but will be adopting one soon. I washed, dc'ed overnight, blow dried, and flat ironed. I rolled my hair with flexi rods (8 in total) immediately after flat ironing each section. This is the first time that I'm truly pleased with the outcome of me doing my own hair. I am going to try and keep it up :) I did this on Saturday morning and left the rollers in until that night. The last pic was taken today!

Great job!

It was shtow. She inspired me too!

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=471894

Back