I'm SO Disappointed with Joico

leona2025

Ok Ladies so after reading so many raving reviews about Joico I went out and bought sample sizes of K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo, K-Pak Conditioner, K-Pak Intense Hydrator, and K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor.

I used them according to the directions. I don't know what I was expecting, but the results was just kinda blah. Not bad and not super good. I saw no difference in my hair at all. So I thought maybe it will take more uses to see a change.

When I washed yesterday I used Aussie Moist Shampoo, used Roux PC Conditioner, and dc with heat and Nexxus Humectress. I have never used Humectress before and I got the small bottle to try out from CVS.

OH my goodness. My hair airdried so soft and shiny. Nothing makes my hair airdry this soft. I always put in 5 different leave ins. Yesterday I used mango butter and that was it. I'm kinda sad. I wanted to be in love with this line like everyone else here. I want one main staple line which I can use all the products. I'm tired of being a product junkie,lol. I'm sick of having 200 different conditioner and none of them give the exact results I want.

I have used the Nexxus Emergencee and liked it so I think maybe I could try out the whole Nexxus line. I just hate to purchase more products to be disappointed with. How long did it take for you to fall in love with Joico? Should I give it another shot? I think I got one more use in my little bottles.

I'm sorry Joico didn't work for you. I just knew you would love it like the rest of the ladies when I saw your thread.

Well it took me exactly one wash to fall in luuvvv:cupidarrow: However I used the Silk Result line for thick/coarse hair ( I am in between bsl and mbl 4a/b relaxed and 12 weeks plus post) It was wonderful and detangling was a breeze and it smells great too:drunk:. I was at my boiling point with my new growth and decided to try it. I used the shampoo and conditioner as directed and then i used the Kpak leave in treatment afterwards (Ulta had buy 2 get one free) I am protein sensitive so I knew I could not get the entire Kpak line but Silk Result is my new staple! Dont Give Up!

Last edited:
Everyone's hair react to products differently. My hair loves Joico and it hates Aussie. Nexxus is like blah... It sound like you're just the opposite

ETA: I always use Joico with heat so if you're willing to give it one more try, get under a dryer or heating bonnet for about 10 minutes.

Hmmm, maybe you should give it another try later on. Don't give up on it, because the first time I used it, I didn't really realize what it was doing, but i just tried it again, and I think it's a keeper. Also, that may be the reason why your last wash was so successful. Just maybe. :lol:

hm, different strokes for different folks :)

i love the joico line, but a lot of cheapie conditioners detangle better. i'm thinking because often times, cheapies have stronger silicones than conditioning agents, and that makes people believe that they work better.

i love joico's shampoos, they have sulfates, but i've found that they're not nearly as stripping as some of the other sulfated shampoos out there.

it was good thinking to try out the sample sizes before going all out and purchasing the full sized bottles. i'd imagine you'd be pretty mad if you'd invested in the full sized products & then found out you weren't in love!

Thank you soo much for this post. Joico did the same exact thing for me. It does NOTHING for my hair. Ive used Aussie in the past and I liked it. Ive been wanting to try Nexxus but I hesitated based on some of the reviews on here. I think I'll give it a try.

Everyone's hair react to products differently. My hair loves Joico and it hates Aussie. Nexxus is like blah... It sound like you're just the opposite

ETA: I always use Joico with heat so if you're willing to give it one more try, get under a dryer or heating bonnet for about 10 minutes.

I wanted to use heat with it, but I recall Gym saying how you should use it as directed. I will try it again with heat. I like the recostructor. My hair did feel stronger.

Hmmm, maybe you should give it another try later on. Don't give up on it, because the first time I used it, I didn't really realize what it was doing, but i just tried it again, and I think it's a keeper. Also, that may be the reason why your last wash was so successful. Just maybe. :lol:

I was thinking I would use the joico line for one wash and use my nexxus for the second and see how that goes. I just knew a halo of golden light would be shining down on my hair after using Joico.

I didn't like Joico K-Pak line either. I think it has too much protein in it for my hair. My hair was not happy when I used this line solely. :nono: The Moisture Recovery conditioner is good, but there are better ones out there at a similar or cheaper price.

Joico did absolutely nothing for me, either. Honestly, what worked for me was Aphogee Treatment, Fantasia IC, MOP Extreme Protein or Paul Mitchel Super Strong Treatment with egg (this REALLY works).

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was feeling bad. I never see any negative comments about it, so I was fussing at my hair for acting "special" lol.

Leona,

I am so sorry that Joico did not work for you. I would give it another try. I always follow the directions on the bottle except for one: Intense Hydrator.

Lately, I have been leaving the Intense Hydrator on over night and wowowow, what a difference that made in the softness of my hair.

Joico has made my hair do a 360 as evidenced in my siggy.

Leona,

I am so sorry that Joico did not work for you. I would give it another try. I always follow the directions on the bottle except for one: Intense Hydrator.

Lately, I have been leaving the Intense Hydrator on over night and wowowow, what a difference that made in the softness of my hair.

Joico has made my hair do a 360 as evidenced in my siggy.

Have you used it with heat. I don't feel like I'm getting a dc if I don't use heat.

I Agree. I think you should give it another try and also be Happy You Only Purchased the Sample Pack.:yep:

I like to use the K-Pak in Conjunction with the Moisture Recovery to ensure that I have a good Balance of Protein & Moisture (although it probably isn't really necessary), I am striving for Optimal Balance.

However, I do not use Joico Exclusively, but I do like their Products (from what I've used).

Anyway, I think you should use it again and give it a fair analysis. Unless my Hair does goes into some kind of Total Hysterical Shock,:spinning: I never really rule a product out the first try......it has to really mess me up.:blush:

And You said the results weren't Great, they were just okay.:ohwell:

Perhaps you should Clarify First the next time you use it, to see if you get a different result.

And the Reason I am suggesting this, is that you are Looking to use One Line Exclusively.:yep:

Leona, I'm with you. I don't like the Joico K-pak line, either. Did nothing at all for me. I do, however, love the Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm, the Silk Result conditioner, and the Body Luxe conditioner. I used to have a lot of Kpak products but I ended up giving them all away.

your hair sounds like my daughter's nexxus humectress works well on her hair but Joico didnt seem to do much. My hair is the opposite, loves Joico and Nexxus is just aight.

My hair loves Nexxus, and the Joico Intensive Moisture Treatment Conditioner, but that Joico Kerapro Shampoo sucks eggs. It left my hair feeling stripped. I'll just save it, but not repurchase. I got full sizes from Ebay for $9.20 (both-shampoo and conditioner). So, I see why you might be disappointed*. Thinking about trying the K-Pak Reconstructor, but that will be a while from now...I have two 20 gallon plastic containers with hair and body products (full). I don't need to buy anything.

*I would, however give it another try as others suggested. I am gonna try my Kerapro shampoo again, b/c my results could have been skewed.

Last edited:
Yes, everyones hair is different becuase I don't use Aussie and my I use my Humectress for my wig now. But I love Joico's K-Pak line and I use it without heat. This is the only line I can use without heat over 4 weeks post relaxer.

Joico Intensive Moisture Recovery Balm is the only wow staple from Joico for me now. I've used the Moisture Recovery regular shampoo/conditioner and the Silk line and they were okay. I do have the Joice K Pay Intense Hydrator but I plan on using that next to see if it's going to be a staple.

Hey ladies, I'm almost in tears from my recent Joico experience. I read all the reviews and went out and purhased the liter size of Joice KPak shampoo and conditioner. I first used it last week and my hair tangled, but I thought well maybe it did that because I didn't detangle before I washed it.... So tonight I carefully detangled my hair and yet when I rinsed the KPak conditioner out and started to prepare for roller setting my hair was a tangled mess and hair snapped out :angry2: looooong strains snapped.

I also use the Joice detangler which is almost as useful as my "No More Tears" detangler; which is only $3.99 vs $18 for Joico :wallbash:

I was using Keracare and "thought" I wasn't getting the full results...but my hair was growing and getting stronger... but yet I thought "the grass is greener". :nono:

I will have re-wash my hair on Monday and use the 2-minute Aphogee treatment to try and ward off a set-back. :ohwell:

I feel like I'm back at the beginning of my product search journey or maybe I should go back to Keracare.

If anyone is interested in buying the 2 liters of the Joico KPak shampoo and conditioner that I have, please PM me. I've only used them twice.

You know what girl? Maybe your hair just wasn't in need of protein at the time. By the way your hair reacted, it sounds like it was craving moisture. Don't give up on the line yet. Wait until your hair is begging for protein and give it one more shot. :rolleyes:

I'm a joico lover! I buy the silk result conditioner by the liter, lol. That one is more like Humectress, so I'd try that with heat if I were u. K-pak makes my hair very strong and halts my shedding like nothing else, but I have to use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards.

I'm a joico lover! I buy the silk result conditioner by the liter, lol. That one is more like Humectress, so I'd try that with heat if I were u. K-pak makes my hair very strong and halts my shedding like nothing else, but I have to use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards.
You still have to use a moisturizing condtioner after using K-pak Intense Hydrator? Are You using the whole K-pak Line? shampoo, conditioner, Deep penetrating Reconstructor, and the Intense Hydrator? I was wondering because I use the whole line without a problem but when I first started I didnt have the conditioner and now that I use it I see a big difference in my hair when everything has been done.:yep:

Joico didnt do much for my hair either, Youre not alone!! :)

Okay I have to come back to this thread to let you all know that after using Joico again...I FEEL IN LOVE!!!!!

last week I did not pre-poo with my henna gloss (big mistake), and when I went to wash my hair it was very tangly at the ng area (Im about 14 weeks post). Out of despration and limitation (I only had a little jessicurl left) I went for my small bottle of Joico Kpak Intense Hydrator. While the tangles didnt just melt away my hair was felling better, I worked the conditioner in really well and then rinsed. Now here is the good part 2 days later my ng was soooo smooth! :drunk::drunk:

I was soo excited I went out and purchased a full size bollte of the Intense Hydrator, the Moisture recover balm and the daily care leave in. I Used the balm and leave in for my wash yesterday, and all I can say is I'm sorry I ever spoke bad about JOICO.

I plan on purchaseing the K pak color therapy restorative styling oil (when I run out of my CHI silk infusion)and the daily moisturizer for dry hair. I'm still a nexxus emergencee fan and will continue to use this as my reconstructor until I run out ( I have about 10 bottles of the old formula).

I've only had Great Results with the Joico Products.:love: The K-Pak Reconstructor, the Intense Hydrator, the Moisture Recovery Treatment (Lotion/Balm) the Daily Care. etc...have never let me down.:look:

Actually, this is the only line that I've purchased Liters of.

Based on my results from the K-Pak Line: I invested in the Silk Results and the Body Luxe (haven't gotten around to using those yet).

But So Far, Joico has worked great for me. I've been very pleased with this product and how it works for my hair.

*Charm....i am an emergencee fan too, been one for years*

Back