SALON PRODUCT FACE OFF: Nexxus vs. Joico

Which Salon Brand do YOU prefer?

• Nexxus

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Joico

Votes: 103 66.5%

• Total voters
I was a product junkie, always looking for that miracle product to give my hair strength and silkiness. Joico does it hands down. It's a bit pricey but it doesn't compare with what I have previously spent on absolute 'key-rap'!!

Joico :yep: my hair never looked/ felt better....I never tried nexxus:nono:
12-7-08aaa.jpg

I never knew the true meaning of "slip" until I tried JC moisture Recovery balm...... No words can explain it!

OUCH....Nexxus just took a beating up in here! Wow!

Do you Joico gals (i've used none of the line) think Kpak reconstructer would be good for a 1 week post relaxer protein treatment? Has anyone done this? Results??

wow, i'm going to have to try some joico! i've used nexxus for years and years... so i didn't vote so i can't compare.

i saw the joico line at Ricky's, for those of you that have that beauty store chain in your area.

hmm i've only used nexxus but i know there has to be better brands out there
does anyone where i can buy joico in the dc area??

I'm going to have to go with Joico...I've used a few Nexxus products and they've been so-so to me...Emergencee didnt even show any progress when I used it in my hair...

I really really like Joico...My Joico inventory continues to grow because they have a wide range of great products...I'm a fan of their K-Pak and Moisture Recovery line to be specific. :grin:

I like them both for different reasons, Nexxus keeps my hair moisturized, allows me to airdry straight, and comb through my hair after shampooing without having to fight through tangles. Joico K-pak gives me both moisture and strength so I like to switch it up, but I will never go wks and months again without my Therappee, my hair loves it and needs it.

IA: And I too, have both product lines and like them and use them for different reasons. Although I voted for Joico I actually like them both.

Last edited:
Dh distracted me and I accidentally voted Nexxus :rolleyes:

I don't like either one, but if I HAD to choose, I'd go with Joico

I tried a bunch of Nexxus products: Therappe, Humectress, Headress and Keraphix. Every single one left my hair hard, dry, tangled and stiff. Garbage/crap/doo-doo!!!!

I've only tried Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm, and it didn't give any slip and kinda tangled my hair. But AT LEAST I had a tiny droplet of moisture in my hair :ohwell:

I've used Nexxus for many years. And in all of those years using Nexxus, my hair has never felt as good as Joico made my hair feel the first time I used it! I haven't used Nexxus since.

I've used Nexxus for many years. And in all of those years using Nexxus, my hair has never felt as good as Joico made my hair feel the first time I used it! I haven't used Nexxus since.

If you don't mind me asking: What did you use in the Nexxus Line and what are you now using in the Joico Line. I have products from both and would like your comparison.

If you don't mind me asking: What did you use in the Nexxus Line and what are you now using in the Joico Line. I have products from both and would like your comparison.

I've used Nexxus Humectress, Keraphix, Emergencee, and some others that I can't remember.

I've used Joico k-pak reconstructing conditioner, Silk Results shampoo and conditioner, and the Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner.

I've used Nexxus products since I was a teen (I just turned 44). Nexxus was always touted as "upscale" salon products, so I thought they had to be working. But after all these years, and now using really good products (thanks ladies of LHCF), I realize that they were doing nothing for me. I was never able to get rid of the dryness (that's what brougt me here).

Joico gives my hair strength and softness. To me, there's no comparing the two.

Now I'm using products that I can see and feel it working.

Last edited:
I've used Nexxus Humectress, Keraphix, Emergencee, and some others that I can't remember.

I've used Joico k-pak reconstructing conditioner, Silk Results shampoo and conditioner, and the Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner.

I've used Nexxus products since I was a teen (I just turned 44). Nexxus was always touted as "upscale" salon products, so I thought they had to be working. But after all these years, and now using really good products (thanks ladies of LHCF), I realize that they were doing nothing for me. I was never able to get rid of the dryness (that's what brougt me here).

Thank you. I have each of the Nexxus products you reference and the K-Pak Reconstructor, the Intense Hydrator and the Moisture Recovery Balm. So, I'll just keep working it too see which of the two I like the best.

I used Nexxus after reading Shamboosee's book. But it worked for me about as good as Pantene. I can definitely tell a difference with Joico. my hair is stronger and softer.

Joico gives my hair strength and softness. To me, there's no comparing the two.
Wow, you look fab! You look so young, I would have never guessed you were 44! (Not saying that 44 is old :lachen: )

I voted Nexxus, Humectress is the truth! Although Joico is pretty good, but when my hair's in the dooldrums I see a noticeable effect with humectress:yep:

Back